Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Heidi needs to get out of hiding... (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=73269)

Love4himies October 31st, 2010 12:56 PM

:lovestruck::lovestruck::lovestruck:

ancientgirl October 31st, 2010 01:26 PM

I'm so happy you were able to convince that woman to let you take her.

krdahmer November 1st, 2010 04:13 AM

Woooo hoooo stage one: complete!!!! :thumbs up:grouphug:

And yes yes we do L4H....I was about to PM her and tell her that I am happy to pick her up on the way!

14+kitties November 1st, 2010 11:38 AM

Soooooooo, does that mean you are keeping her? :D

rainbow November 1st, 2010 02:20 PM

I just read this thread now ......once again , you guys are AMAZING. :thumbs up :angel: :grouphug:

Dog Dancer November 1st, 2010 04:07 PM

Pets.ca to the rescue again! What a crew you guys are. :thumbs up:angel2:

shirley1011 November 1st, 2010 05:11 PM

:confused: so are you keeping this kitty or is there transport arranged to Ontario....for some reason I can't seem to figure out what is happening with poor Heidi.

Chris21711 November 1st, 2010 05:45 PM

[QUOTE=shirley1011;963597]:confused: so are you keeping this kitty or is there transport arranged to Ontario....for some reason I can't seem to figure out what is happening with poor Heidi.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on that Shirley :confused:

cpietra16 November 2nd, 2010 06:45 AM

I can't keep her. She is in my bedroom at this moment away from other cats. She hides under my bed during the day, but at night she actually sleeps on my bed with me, so with a little patience she can be sociable and adoptable.

14+kitties November 2nd, 2010 11:12 AM

Awww, it's too bad there couldn't have been a kittyvan done so we could have picked her up at Chris' tomorrow. Would have been so ideal. She sounds so sweet. :cloud9:

rainbow November 2nd, 2010 01:53 PM

Now I'm confused. :confused:

Are we back to square one? :o

shirley1011 November 2nd, 2010 01:54 PM

Rainbow...I think there was some confusion?? at least chris and I were confused...it read like transport had been arranged and then it sounded like the kitty had a home....but looks like needs transport to Niagara Falls still.

rainbow November 2nd, 2010 02:14 PM

[QUOTE=shirley1011;963929]Rainbow...I think there was some confusion?? at least chris and I were confused...it read like transport had been arranged and then it sounded like the kitty had a home....but looks like needs transport to Niagara Falls still.[/QUOTE]

Well I don't feel so bad if Chris was confused too. :D

I'm sure that all the :angel:'s here will no doubt find a way to complete the kitty convoy soon. :thumbs up

:fingerscr :goodvibes:

14+kitties December 15th, 2010 09:28 AM

Thought I would add an update to this thread.
Heidi is so far from being a feral cat it is laughable. She is an absolute love bug. I pick her up and cuddle with her every day and she accepts it. True, not for a long time but at three years old what can you expect with no socialization? She loves her little enclosure. It is packed with a couple of warm blankets and tons of straw to keep her comfy cozy. She has made herself a little cocoon right in the middle. She gobbles down one, sometimes two, cans of food a day and has gained a smidge of weight which I'm sure she will take off in the spring. I am hoping by then to start her introductions to the other cats so she can be out with them and have company. :fingerscr Of course we can have a miracle happen and she may find a permanent home too. If not she is home. :cloud9:

Sylvie December 15th, 2010 09:43 AM

Good News about Heidi, but I thought she was going to krdahmer?

Chris21711 December 15th, 2010 12:57 PM

Thanks for the update 14k, I was wondering about her....with the exception of Kale...who kinda doesn't mind, Herbie and Twitch are not fond of being picked up either :rolleyes:

chico2 December 15th, 2010 05:07 PM

14+,I am so glad she's doing good,she sure is a sweet little girl.
I was very close to ask if I could keep her,when I delivered her to your house,but I could'nt:(
I am sure once the terrible winter is over and spring arrives,she'll be happy to join the others.
I don't doubt for a minute that she will have a great life with you,but if someone trustworthy wants to adopt her that's great too.
Thank's for the update mf..:grouphug:

krdahmer December 15th, 2010 11:00 PM

I'm still on it....working a LOT lately, but still trying to find the right home for her at the same time....we have a lot of really wonderful people who shop at our store who love pets like we do.....I had a lady yesturday who also has 7 cats like me (and three dogs too!). The girl at work I thought might be a good home is a little too flighty for my liking, affraid she'd change her mind...plus she's too focused on trying to get her bf to propose...:rolleyes:

I'm really glad Heidi is with you Gerri...if anyone can bring her personality out it's our resident cat whisperer!!!:grouphug: (I'm still working on Medella too....Charlie (Blue) is king of her house and spoiled silly now!!! I keep telling her he needs a queen to rule with!!!)

cpietra16 December 16th, 2010 07:40 AM

it's nice to hear she is coming into her own...I knew with your magic touch she would start blooming...

Dog Dancer December 16th, 2010 11:14 AM

How great that Heidi turns out to be a sweetie. Of course 14+ is the one to bring it out in her. You're an amazing woman my friend.

14+kitties December 16th, 2010 10:29 PM

[QUOTE=krdahmer;971348]I'm still on it....
(I'm still working on Medella too....Charlie (Blue) is king of her house and spoiled silly now!!! I keep telling her he needs a queen to rule with!!!)[/QUOTE]

No hurry mf. She is fine here. :thumbs up
I bet Charlie is loving the attention. Gary asks about him all the time. He misses him but knew he had to let him go to a better home. :cloud9:

[QUOTE=Sylvie;971235]Good News about Heidi, but I thought she was going to krdahmer?[/QUOTE]

krs' got her hands full. ;) It's ok.

[QUOTE=Chris21711;971263]Thanks for the update 14k, I was wondering about her....with the exception of Kale...who kinda doesn't mind, Herbie and Twitch are not fond of being picked up either :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Heidi doesn't even mind being picked up. She doesn't fight or anything. I just don't want to push it right now.

[QUOTE=chico2;971288]14+,I am so glad she's doing good,she sure is a sweet little girl.
I was very close to ask if I could keep her,when I delivered her to your house,but I could'nt:([/QUOTE]

She is for sure a sweetie. So pretty and very very gentle. If you change your mind you know where she is. If things didn't work out she could always come back here. :D Might do you good to have another girl around.

14+kitties December 16th, 2010 10:34 PM

[QUOTE=cpietra16;971364]it's nice to hear she is coming into her own...I knew with your magic touch she would start blooming...[/QUOTE]

I watch her during the day exploring her enclosure and sniffing at the other kitties that come close. Yes, during the day!! Of course with the cold she spends more time inside her house at night but it sure is nice to see her out. She has settled well. I am thinking about putting her and Kylee together to see how that goes but will wait for a while yet. They are side by side in the double enclosure so see each other a lot. Maybe then they can be cuddle buddies and stay even warmer. :fingerscr

[QUOTE=Dog Dancer;971389]How great that Heidi turns out to be a sweetie. Of course 14+ is the one to bring it out in her. You're an amazing woman my friend.[/QUOTE]

:grouphug: Thanks DD. I didn't do anything. It's all Heidi. :cloud9: