Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Percy (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=51886)

badger April 29th, 2008 02:52 PM

Percy

1 Attachment(s)
I have been feeding Percy all winter. Sometimes he hung around with my cats in the alley, always staying at a safe distance, no interaction. At least twice a day he would arrive on the back porch for his food but would never let me touch him. He got bitten on the shoulder and started limping. Of course I wondered about infection but there didn't seem to be any way he would let me help him. Then one bitterly cold day I found him crouched on the windowsill and took my chance, expecting to be mauled. Apart from a hiss or two, he came quietly.

He is a sweet, patient boy and has obviously been a pet. As the vet was examining him for the first time, he was scratching him behind the ears (my favourite vet) and Percy just leaned into his hand, loving every second.

Unfortunately, he must stay in the bathroom until I can find a home. A couple of the more docile cats have spent time with him; he greets them with this little murmur and leans forward for a nose rub (not always granted). However, letting him into the apartment is just asking for trouble. He got out yesterday and the ensuing melee had me mentally counting back to when I had my last tetanus shot. They would have done him serious damage had I not been there and taken a couple of bites for the cause.

He is a big, healthy boy, vacc'd and snipped. His wound closed beautifully, although we put him on Clamavox as a precaution. He is being wormed, with two monthly doses still outstanding.

So if anyone has a soft spot for greys and would like to spring Percy from his prison, just say the word :).

phoozles April 29th, 2008 03:17 PM

Look at that face! :lovestruck:
He looks like a tough cookie - but I bet he's just a real softy :cloud9:

You're doing a great thing, badger - hopefully he finds his forever home very soon! :fingerscr

chico2 April 29th, 2008 04:32 PM

Oh Badger,another bathroom-kitty,but I am sure he does not consider it jail,he knows he's in good hands:lovestruck:
He looks a little roughed up,but otherwise a beautiful kitty.
As always,I don't know what to say about you,you are just a wonderful person,have a magic touch with kitties:cat:
Hopefully you did not get hurt to badly,speaking from experience as you know:yell:
Him beeing neutered will probably help in finding him a home,maybe he's just lost:confused:

14+kitties April 29th, 2008 05:17 PM

What a sweetie. Makes your heart ache to see him. He is very handsome. I join Chico in being amazed at what you do. You are these kitties hero. They wouldn't be around if not for you. You deserve a badge, a BIG badge. :thumbs up
As for the owies.....wanna compare? :rolleyes:

badger April 29th, 2008 07:19 PM

He's no beauty but he is so sweet and calm, tucks in his paws and watches the world go by. If this guy was dumped, I just don't get it, he is such a prince.

rainbow April 29th, 2008 07:25 PM

If you look past the scowl on his face, I think he's gorgeous. :lovestruck:

Hopefully someone else close by will feel the same. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Frenchy April 29th, 2008 08:04 PM

[QUOTE=badger;586801]He's no beauty [/QUOTE]

Yes he is ! Looks just like Monsieur le chat ! ;) Maybe they are related ? Gosh I wish I could take one more :sad: I will spread the word.

growler~GateKeeper April 30th, 2008 02:02 AM

He's gorgeous :lovestruck: love the scowl :lovestruck: and look at the colour of those eyes :cloud9:

:goodvibes: for a furever home for Percy

Love4himies April 30th, 2008 07:20 AM

Awww, Percy is adorable.:lovestruck:. Hope you find a home for him soon.:pray:

MoodIndigo1 May 5th, 2008 01:26 AM

He looks like a Russian blue: blue-grey coat and green eyes. He's a handsome devil. I wish I could take him. <sigh> Good luck with finding this beauty a good home.

badger May 6th, 2008 08:37 AM

I wondered if he was a Russian. Would that make him - um - more desirable :D?

Frenchy May 6th, 2008 11:44 AM

[QUOTE=badger;589422]I wondered if he was a Russian. Would that make him - um - more desirable :D?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure he is because he must come from the same place as Monsieur le chat , and Monsieur le chat is a pure bred , yes yes , he is ;) he's a blue Russian something ....

cpietra16 May 6th, 2008 12:23 PM

there is more than color of fur and eyes that make a Russian Blue. what ever he is, he is a pure Kitty....through and through

chico2 May 6th, 2008 03:49 PM

Badger,when I read you had to have a grey kitty euthanized I thought it was Percy:sad:
Anyway,I would say to any potential adoptee that he's a Russian Blue,the only problem is,they have more of a heartshaped face and usually slender,like a Siamese,at least in my cat-book.
But Percy sure is beautiful,Russian Blue or not:lovestruck:

NoahGrey May 18th, 2008 07:20 AM

Have you found a home for this little guy? If not hopefully you do soon....he is a cutie.

ACO22