Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum for cats and dogs (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hehe Can't wait to see the pics (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=83482)

pattymac February 18th, 2013 04:23 PM

Hehe Can't wait to see the pics

:eek: Three bison cross puppies for sale...will be ready to go in three weeks...March 11th or so. They will have had their first shots. Cute and cuddly...pictures to come.... :rolleyes:

On Kijiji of course!!

Dog Dancer February 18th, 2013 05:54 PM

Oh I want one! I love big dogs....:wall:

pbpatti February 18th, 2013 05:57 PM

[QUOTE=pattymac;1053958]:eek: Three bison cross puppies for sale...will be ready to go in three weeks...March 11th or so. They will have had their first shots. Cute and cuddly...pictures to come.... :rolleyes:

On Kijiji of course!![/QUOTE]

??? Bison??? Did you mean Bichon????

pattymac February 18th, 2013 06:42 PM

I hope so! Puppy teeth are bad enough, can't imagine dealing with puppy horns too!!

Etown_Chick February 18th, 2013 08:56 PM

Geez selling pups you can't even spell is reprehensible...not like bichon is difficult!
On the other hand..bison is pretty tasty. I bet the bison/dog mixes would make great stock animals

Barkingdog February 18th, 2013 10:06 PM

[QUOTE=pattymac;1053963]I hope so! Puppy teeth are bad enough, can't imagine dealing with puppy horns too!![/QUOTE]

I think Marty can be a little devil with horns sometime.

Longblades February 19th, 2013 09:42 AM

So sad. I bet the ad. claims they are well "bread" too? What are they supposed to be crossed with? Oh wait, "cross" means they are mean and nasty tempered? That part may well be true, BYB with no checks on temperament probably. Let alone health.

Barkingdog February 19th, 2013 10:31 AM

[QUOTE=Dog Dancer;1053959]Oh I want one! I love big dogs....:wall:[/QUOTE]

"you could ride it to work if your car break down. I sure would hate to have a
bison have an accident in the middle of my rug and I am not going to smack it on the nose and say "bad boy!"

Jull February 19th, 2013 11:02 AM

[QUOTE=Longblades;1053981]So sad. I bet the ad. claims they are well "bread" too? What are they supposed to be crossed with? Oh wait, "cross" means they are mean and nasty tempered? That part may well be true, BYB with no checks on temperament probably. Let alone health.[/QUOTE]

lol all ads on kijiji are selling the best dogs ever :laughing: and some of the mixes are just crazy.

I must confess, when I got Bestia he was from a kijiji ad, but I am sure glad I took him, he was not living in the worst conditions, but not the best either, he had a horrendous ear infection that thankfully we took care off as soon as he was home with us. I try to stay away from kijiji, because I just want to take all those puppies :frustrated:

Longblades February 19th, 2013 11:21 AM

[QUOTE=Jull;1053987]lol all ads on kijiji are selling the best dogs ever :laughing: and some of the mixes are just crazy.

I must confess, when I got Bestia he was from a kijiji ad, but I am sure glad I took him, he was not living in the worst conditions, but not the best either, he had a horrendous ear infection that thankfully we took care off as soon as he was home with us. I try to stay away from kijiji, because I just want to take all those puppies :frustrated:[/QUOTE] Yeah, I know. But all of us who have commented so far are fairly educated dog people and I wanted to make sure the 126 (at this post) who read and did not comment are aware that this is reprehensible. If all we do is laugh and joke the wrong message might be taken by some. It's sad as well as funny.

I think too that one dog advertised on Kijiji is perhaps not the same as a whole litter. A whole litter has far more chance of being BYB or even puppy mill. One dog might be put there by some poor naive soul who truly needs to rehome a dog and thinks that's the way to do it.

Bestia is a lucky boy that you read the day he was listed. :)

Rgeurts February 19th, 2013 12:55 PM

[QUOTE=Longblades;1053988]I think too that one dog advertised on Kijiji is perhaps not the same as a whole litter. A whole litter has far more chance of being BYB or even puppy mill. One dog might be put there by some poor naive soul who truly needs to rehome a dog and thinks that's the way to do it.

[/QUOTE]

Or.... it could be someone who bought a baby from a puppy mill or BYB, it started having medical issues/seizures and they decide that they want to dump it on someone else :rolleyes:

Nanookie monster! That's his story... and also one of hubby and I being suckers for the dirty little babies that need some loves :D

Jull February 19th, 2013 01:09 PM

[QUOTE=Rgeurts;1053991]Or.... it could be someone who bought a baby from a puppy mill or BYB, it started having medical issues/seizures and they decide that they want to dump it on someone else :rolleyes: [/QUOTE]

I really have a hard time understanding people sometimes... in how they treat their furkids... "we got him cuz we wanted a puppy but turns out we don't have time for him" :frustrated: the other day I actually read of someone who was trading their pup for an X-box!!! :wall:

its great that you took Nanookie into your loving home! :angel:

Jull February 19th, 2013 01:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
so... I decided to google Bison dog, to see what the magic of internet could bring... you know it happens when you have sometime in your hands and you rather do that than actual work :D

I got a few pics of hotdogs :rolleyes: and then this -

[ATTACH]79079[/ATTACH]

:eek:

Longblades February 19th, 2013 01:34 PM

Oh my gosh. :) Is it a poodle with one of those weird clips they do for fun? I don't really mind those but I would not want MY dog looking like that all the time. And it's a lot of work just to do for a short time.

Makes me think of the labradoodle that was clipped to look like a lion and there were 911 calls to report a lion running around loose. Was that one posted here? It really did look like a lion.

Barkingdog February 19th, 2013 04:46 PM

[QUOTE=Longblades;1053996]Oh my gosh. :) Is it a poodle with one of those weird clips they do for fun? I don't really mind those but I would not want MY dog looking like that all the time. And it's a lot of work just to do for a short time.

Makes me think of the labradoodle that was clipped to look like a lion and there were 911 calls to report a lion running around loose. Was that one posted here? It really did look like a lion.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/water_cooler/labradoodle-mistaken-for-baby-lion-startles-virginia-community[/url]

Here is utube of the lion/ dog.