Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet photography - Pet pictures (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Kong Bliss (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=76934)

luckypenny May 13th, 2011 01:28 PM

Kong Bliss

3 Attachment(s)
I'd love to hug the person that invented the Kong. It took the dogs nearly 2 hours non-stop to work their breakfasts out of their Kongs (frozen minced turkey and mashed veggies). Here's Penny enjoying hers in the yard.

[ATTACH]73830[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]73831[/ATTACH]

Happy black dog.

[ATTACH]73832[/ATTACH]

luckypenny May 13th, 2011 01:39 PM

3 Attachment(s)
And Lucky tossing his around in his crate.

[ATTACH]73833[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]73834[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]73835[/ATTACH]

cpietra16 May 13th, 2011 02:54 PM

wow...those pictures are so clear...the colours are amazing...love the black dog with red kong on green grass....too bad I wasn't Dr. Suess...I see a rhymn in there somewhere...:D

Chaser May 13th, 2011 02:58 PM

Awwww......how I've missed seeing pics of these two. So very gorgeous! :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack May 13th, 2011 03:29 PM

:laughing: That Lucky is a smartie!! Smashing his down, hoping inertia and angular momentum will work to get him his meal!!! (*insert Einstein smiley here* :D)

I love that last shot of Penny! What a beauty! :lovestruck:

chico2 May 13th, 2011 03:58 PM

Lp.Penny looks sooo beautiful and shiny,great colors..Lucky looks like he has really figured out the easiest way to get the food out:thumbs up

Dog Dancer May 13th, 2011 04:37 PM

They sure look happy with their kongs. I think Halo would enjoy a frozen kong, but she won't touch it unless I'm with her, so it kinda defeats the idea of giving her something to occupy herself. Will have to try it on a hot day, if we ever get one! :frustrated:

luckypenny May 13th, 2011 05:18 PM

[QUOTE=cpietra16;1009256]wow...those pictures are so clear...[/QUOTE]

The only time I can get real good pics of Penny is if it's really bright out and the sun is behind me. And I love Dr. Seuss :lovestruck:.

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;1009266] That Lucky is a smartie!! [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=chico2;1009273]..Lucky looks like he has really figured out the easiest way to get the food out:thumbs up[/QUOTE]

Yes, and that would be by bringing it over to me so I can dig my fingers into it for him :rolleyes: :D.

Dog Dancer, Lucky would never touch his Kong when we left him alone. What helped was I would remove it as soon as I got in. He eventually caught on that he only got eat breakfast if no one was home. There are still times he's too anxious to eat when I leave but, I do notice he brings them onto the couch by the front window to thaw :rolleyes:.

Goldfields May 13th, 2011 09:23 PM

Green grass, black dog, bright red Kong, yes, but no-one mentioned the lovely collar. I really like that LP, and that last photo is a beauty. Love the intent look Lucky is giving his Kong in his 2nd photo. LOL.

Rgeurts May 13th, 2011 09:44 PM

LP, Penny and Lucky both look just beautiful!!! :lovestruck: :cloud9:
I love to see pics of them. And yes, your pictures are SO clear!! Even with my DSLR, I can never get nice ones like that. Guess ya have to be smarter than the camera to use it :o

Nookie refuses to have anything to do with a frozen kong! He loves them once it thaws, and only takes him a few minutes to empty it. I made the mistake (when he was a baby) of "helping" him once. He had it so compacted and couldn't get anything out, so I took it, banged it on the counter to loosen it up, then gave it back. Well... every since then he will take the kong, toss it into the air, let it bounce on the floor and wait for the food to fall out :laughing: :laughing:

He will do it over and over until he has gotten it all, then leave it where it lies and walk away! He's a smart little bugger :)

Dee-O-Gee May 13th, 2011 09:56 PM

They sure look like they were have a [I]ball[/I] with the kongs! :D

Beautiful bright pictures LP. :cloud9:

SamIam May 13th, 2011 10:51 PM

Kongs don't work on my dogs :frustrated: . One of them she will jump up on my leg say "My treat is stuck, get it for me." If I ignore, she won't drop it she will [I]throw[/I] it on my foot.

I love the pic of Lucky with the Kong in mid air, and the next one too, that expression on his face as he waits for it to tip over.

CsqU4r3d May 14th, 2011 09:53 AM

Wonderful shots....I agree that is a beautiful collar for a beautiful girl.... love the shot of Lucky giving the evil Kong the stare down!! :crazy::laughing::laughing::pawprint::pawprint:

luckypenny May 18th, 2011 10:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the compliments...and for the ones about the collar too. I got them as part of a fundraiser for an awesome rescue in Toronto. I was totally impressed when they arrived. Here's a shot I took of Lucky today that shows his off really well. It's so appropriate for us :D.

[ATTACH]73921[/ATTACH]

TeriM May 18th, 2011 10:55 PM

I almost missed these beautiful pictures :eek:.

Great shots LP, they both are looking stunning and I do love those collars :lovestruck: :cloud9:.

Goldfields May 18th, 2011 11:46 PM

Wow! What a wonderful photo, LP. 10 out of 10 for that one! Yes, good collar for your boy. :)

For those with dogs which have very powerful jaws, just watch for signs of wear on their teeth. Years of 'power chewing' Kongs by my ACDs led to badly worn teeth. My red boy, if he couldn't get out to go after a cow or sheep near the house yard, would grab a Kong, bite down hard, jump in the air shaking it and chomping it as hard as he could, and I'm talking dogs that bite hard enough to eventually split Kongs into 3 pieces by the way - 3 donuts. LOL. They'd wear their teeth on anything I suppose but they loved the Kongs. I don't complain if they separate the 3 donuts, they then become sheltie size. :)

luckypenny May 18th, 2011 11:53 PM

We're fortunate that our guys don't bite/chew the Kongs, GF (especially seeing they're so expensive here). They just toss them around and lick the food out. One they're empty, the Kongs get ignored.

Love how you recycle yours :laughing:.

Goldfields May 19th, 2011 12:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I haven't priced a Kong for years, LP, so I'd probably get a shock if I knew what they cost here too. I stopped using them for the ACD's once I saw the damage. Must admit that some incidents talked about on an ACD forum where the dogs had gotten bottom jaws trapped in their Kongs did put me off as well. They are a great toy for playing Fetch, the dogs never know which direction they will bounce in. This sheltie didn't mind the full sized Kong, caught in a leap to grab it so her front feet are tucked under.

Melinda May 19th, 2011 05:39 AM

it never ceses to amaze me, its like looking at Brina with her red kong!! even down to the same bone shaped blue dog tag. Great pictures, I love our kongs , if we go out for more than 5 hours without Brina, I fill 3 of them and hide them throughout the house.

chico2 May 19th, 2011 07:55 AM

I did not even notice those collars,LOVE Penny's on her beautiful shiny coat,Lucky's of course too:lovestruck:

Longblades May 19th, 2011 08:25 AM

VEry nice photos. Could you dispense knowledge on photography as well as dogs? Sure would help me. :) Another poster, sorry, probably more than one other, but I'm thinking of Rick. Is it Rick? Out west with Goldens? He has stupendous photos too.

Nope, never a dog here either that would work on a Kong. I use muffler hangers, much bigger holes in them.

luckypenny May 19th, 2011 08:47 AM

I have this cr@ppy old Easy Share :o. The only pics that turn out nice are usually ones that are taken in natural bright light and that are within a few feet of the subject. And if I'm lucky, it only takes about 40 shots to get one good one out of them. I also use Picassa editing to fudge around with the sharpness so that's kind of cheating I think :D.