Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Thank you - Heros big and small (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   BenMax,got it,thank you very much! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=69627)

chico2 April 15th, 2010 02:16 PM

BenMax,got it,thank you very much!

You are a very,very generous person,Bailey and I really appreciate it:grouphug:
I gave her one treatment today and will give her one every day.
However since I see her only for about 1 hour and 1/2 I cannot give it to her twice/day.
She gave me no trouble and loved it when I rubbed her ears after.
You're the best,thank's:grouphug:
Vinnie loved the special Wellness package(that's all he needs:laughing:)but Bailey spit out the banana/pumpkin treats,however Fate(white Husky)loved them..:lovestruck:

aslan April 15th, 2010 02:32 PM

Benmax was concerned about if you got it and if you had any practice cleaning puppers ears..If you have any problem mf..let me know and i'll pop in tomorrow on my way home..

chico2 April 15th, 2010 03:51 PM

Aslan,no I don't really have any experience,but I did ok just putting it in her ears,she did not mind.
Tomorrow I'll have to get some wipes and I'll clean her up.
Her ears are all gunky again,some white stuff,some brownish,but it's ok,does not bother me too much anymore.
Anyway,when you get off work,she's no longer here,but thank's for the offer:grouphug:
We usually get her around 1pm.
You can still pop in....

BenMax April 15th, 2010 04:14 PM

Glad you got it Chico2. I was worried. There should be an improvement within 1 week.

BTW - I have been finding those pumpkin cookies all over my house. It appears that it is not popular with my crew either. Glad the husky likes them!

Thanks Aslan for offering to assist.

Wuv you both.:grouphug:

chico2 April 15th, 2010 04:22 PM

Yes,Bailey eats anything,but she spit out those cookies:laughing:
Fate very happily ate them all up,she says thank you:dog:B
BM,I think I have to tell the owner what I am doing,so she quits putting peroxide in Baileys ears,after all Bailey is her dog.
Thank's again!

Frenchy April 15th, 2010 04:36 PM

[QUOTE=chico2;908695]Yes,Bailey eats anything,but she spit out those cookies:laughing:
[/QUOTE]

Of course she did , because they're healthy for her :laughing:

Benmax , are those cookies you made ?

BenMax April 15th, 2010 04:36 PM

[QUOTE=chico2;908695]Yes,Bailey eats anything,but she spit out those cookies:laughing:
Fate very happily ate them all up,she says thank you:dog:B
BM,I think I have to tell the owner what I am doing,so she quits putting peroxide in Baileys ears,after all Bailey is her dog.
Thank's again![/QUOTE]

Oh yes. Please tell her. The peroxide will not do any good at this point. He needs the meds. The peroxide is stripping away the secretions but not helping the actual infection in the inner ear.

The cleaning product and the meds only at this point.:thumbs up

BenMax April 15th, 2010 04:37 PM

[QUOTE=Frenchy;908698]Of course she did , because they're healthy for her :laughing:

Benmax , are those cookies you made ?[/QUOTE]

Oh yes.. (not):p. Want some? They are yummy.:D

Frenchy April 15th, 2010 04:39 PM

[QUOTE=BenMax;908700]Oh yes.. (not):p. Want some? They are yummy.:D[/QUOTE]

:laughing: no thanks :p

I thought maybe they were homemade , since you're such a good cook :thumbs up

aslan April 15th, 2010 05:41 PM

hey Chico2,,i will be getting off around 12:30 ish so i might drop in on the way by to give you a hand,,,now lets see if i remember,,chocolate and donuts right.:D

MyBirdIsEvil April 15th, 2010 06:22 PM

I think fruit or veggie based treats are kind of a toss up with dogs :shrug:

Bheka LOVES banana. I turned around one day to see a couple of peels on the floor and was like "What the heck?"
Apparently she had silently gotten on the counter and eaten 2 bananas, when I went to look for her she was up there trying to get a 3rd. I didn't even hear anything, she's stealthy for an 80 lb dog. :laughing:

One of my mother in law's dogs won't even TOUCH fruit or veggies. The other dogs are scarfing them up and he'll be standing there knowing there's food but if you offer it he looks at you like "WTF is this? That's not meat. Are you nuts?"

chico2 April 16th, 2010 07:10 AM

Aslan,I was just kidding,please don't bring anything..
I have to go shopping this morning and I'll get some myself,just bring your own self:laughing:
I'd like a doggie-person to look at her ears,so I am not exagerrating(sp?)

BM,I'll go and talk to the owner when she gets off work and show her what you gave me,ok:grouphug:

14+kitties April 16th, 2010 07:16 AM

BenMax, you are a sweetie for helping out. :grouphug:
It's funny, I don't know a lot of dogs that actually like the taste of bananas. I'm sure now I will cause everyone will say their dogs do but none of mine ever did. It was about the only food Tasha :rip: spit out. :shrug:

Marty11 April 16th, 2010 08:58 AM

I used to clean my golden's ears on a regular basis. I found the little baby cloths (you can buy anywhere) wrapped around my finger wipe really well after you put in the ear cleaner worked best for me. It's amazing how twice a week would keep his ear smelling better.

BenMax April 16th, 2010 09:05 AM

[QUOTE=Marty11;908861]I used to clean my golden's ears on a regular basis. I found the little baby cloths (you can buy anywhere) wrapped around my finger wipe really well after you put in the ear cleaner worked best for me. It's amazing how twice a week would keep his ear smelling better.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. I currently have a foster shih zsu that has horrible ear infections. I have been instructed not to use the cleaner for now as I am using liquid Baytril. Poor fellow has been suffering with this for years.

Like you however, I clean the flaps of the outer ear with wipes.

I hope that Bailey will benefit from the Otomax but if this condition persists he may have to see a vet for something more effective.

Thank DAWG for Chico2 for helping this little one.

Love4himies April 16th, 2010 09:49 AM

Awwww BenMax :lovestruck: and Chico :lovestruck: for helping out poor Bailey :angel: :angel:

hazelrunpack April 16th, 2010 09:50 AM

Bailey's owner was using peroxide in the ears, chico? I wonder if that's contributing to the irritation. That stuff can be pretty harsh!

I hope the new meds do the trick for the little sweetie!! :goodvibes: Good job, BM and chico!! :highfive:

BenMax April 16th, 2010 10:53 AM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;908903]Bailey's owner was using peroxide in the ears, chico? I wonder if that's contributing to the irritation. That stuff can be pretty harsh!
QUOTE]

Exactly what I thought. It is stripping his ears of any normal and natural secretions and may very well be the cause or added cause to the infection.

aslan April 16th, 2010 12:59 PM

Chico2 as always lovely to see you and your hubby...I didn't think about it until after i left..if you could get a picture of the inside of bailey's ears and post it here i would really like Dr. Lee to see this...And no guys Chico isn't exagerating, i groomed for many many years and i seriously have never seen anything like this..poor old girls ears.

Frenchy April 16th, 2010 01:01 PM

[QUOTE=aslan;908987]And no guys Chico isn't exagerating, i groomed for many many years and i seriously have never seen anything like this..poor old girls ears.[/QUOTE]

I think this might be caused by the owner using peroxide ? If not the cause , I'm sure it makes it worse :(

thank dog Bailey has Chico2 ! And BM :thumbs up

aslan April 16th, 2010 01:03 PM

there is just a tiny little passage for me to get the drops in frenchy,,the rest i couldn't tell if it was swelling or warts or what..like i mean the inside of both ears..i cleaned as much as i could and then put her drops in...she was such a good girl.

Frenchy April 16th, 2010 01:08 PM

[QUOTE=aslan;908989]there is just a tiny little passage for me to get the drops in frenchy,,the rest i couldn't tell if it was swelling or warts or what..like i mean the inside of both ears..i cleaned as much as i could and then put her drops in...she was such a good girl.[/QUOTE]

:( poor little Bailey :( thanks for looking out for her aslan :thumbs up

aslan April 16th, 2010 01:11 PM

[QUOTE=Frenchy;908991]:( poor little Bailey :( thanks for looking out for her aslan :thumbs up[/QUOTE]

for Chico2 anything.:thumbs up except hugging me when i'm coming from work.

Frenchy April 16th, 2010 01:13 PM

[QUOTE=aslan;908992]for Chico2 anything.:thumbs up except hugging me when i'm coming from work.[/QUOTE]

:laughing:

14+kitties April 16th, 2010 01:13 PM

[QUOTE=Frenchy;908991]:( poor little Bailey :( thanks for looking out for her aslan :thumbs up[/QUOTE]

I second that! Thanks for caring aslan. :thumbs up Poor sweet Bailey. :(

BenMax April 16th, 2010 01:59 PM

I think we need a picture of those ears. This could be a more serious problem.

On a good note, the Otomax should do no harm, and if this is permenant damage then it will not make it better.

If the ear appears to be very thick, hard, and 'wavy' on the inside then this can be permenant damage.

Really, her owners need to get off their chair and take her to the vet. This is just terrible...:(. The discomfort and pain she must be in must be just terrible...

aslan April 16th, 2010 02:29 PM

i will say tho that the old girl isn't deaf,,she can hear a treat bag crinkle and responded to noises. Hopefully the cleaning and meds help her.

BenMax April 16th, 2010 02:58 PM

Chico2 and Aslan, if the ears appear swollen - don't use the cleaner...just the ear drops.

chico2 April 16th, 2010 03:39 PM

BenMax,Aslan was an angel,cleaned out the guck and showed me what to do.
I am going over to the owner later when she gets home,I'll leave the stuff with her for over the weekend,since I don't see Bailey.
I'll take it back on Monday and treat her myself.
I will also take a pic on Monday.
I will suggest very carefully to the owner,the poor girl needs a vet,when I see her tonight.
Like I said to Aslan,I have a feeling they are just waiting,not spending any money on her,since they think she is soooo old at 10yrs:(
You should see her happily sprinting when we go for our walk,she's definetly not old.

Aslan,sure I'll give you a hug anytime:grouphug:

BenMax April 16th, 2010 03:40 PM

Stress that this dog is in very bad pain. Tell them it's like when we get ear infections but far worse.