Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Cat food forum (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   EVO for cats? (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=30924)

Scott_B September 22nd, 2006 05:20 AM

EVO for cats?

Never realized they made it. And since I wanted to find something to replace the felidae, this may be an option if I can find a store that carries it. Any opinions on it?

[url]http://www.naturapet.com/display.php?d=product-detail&pxsl=%2F%2Fproduct%5B@id%3D%271255%27%5D[/url]

cpietra16 September 22nd, 2006 06:54 AM

My cats are on it and they love it.

chico2 September 22nd, 2006 07:14 AM

I just bought a bag of"By Nature"for my cats,wanting to get Vinnie off the Medi-Cal dental fom the vet,it's something new.
I have 3 dishes of dry food down 24/7(Chickensoup and Wellness),but Vinnie is still looking for his Medi-Cal:frustrated: Vinnie could definetly need to loose a few lbs,but I feel really bad when he's looking for his favourite:sad:
I think the Medi-Cal made him gain too much weight,too much junk in there:yuck:
Does this look ok? [url]www.bynaturepetfoods.com[/url]

Scott_B September 22nd, 2006 07:23 AM

Mine where on Medical & Hills TD for a while. It took a bit to get them off it as well. Look at it this way. Your kids would gladly eat MacDonalds every day, but you wouldnt feed it would you? Keep at it, they'll take the switch.

Out of my three cats, one is very fussy. She doesnt eat any cat treats no matter what they are. She eats some of the Felidae but not alot. She doesnt eat wet food. Luckly my two males do.

I wouldnt mind trying out a raw diet for the cats. I've tried raw mackeral and they just kinda looked at me, so a pre-packed raw might be better to try. That Pets 4 life looks simple, but looks very expensive. I may look at the natures varity, see what they offer. If not, the EVO may be the way to go for me.

chico2 September 22nd, 2006 07:36 AM

Vinnie is not really fussy,but he really liked the Medical,all 3 of my cats only snack on the dry food.
They get 1/3 of a can of wet food twice a day,which I believe is important for neutered males,I've always fed my cats canned as the main meals and I've had many cats in my lifetime.
If I give my cats anything raw,they'll give me this strange look like"are you nuts,we're supposed to eat THAT:yuck: ":cat:

cpietra16 September 22nd, 2006 09:28 AM

All my cats love Evo...especially Nickie. When we lived on Vancouver Island she basically just ate what she hunted....the whole animal:yuck: I was afraid she may not like "cat food" when I forced her to be an indoor cat in Montreal, but I was wrong, she loved it.

x.l.r.8 September 22nd, 2006 10:39 AM

Why off felidea, i'm just curious as I'm jsut starting my 3 on it, a bit late at 17 and 16 years old but ignorance was bliss. i'm not questioning your change but wondered why you no longer want to use the Felidae (I guess I'm afraid of missing something) but ANYTHING will be better than what there on (name withheld due to shame) :sad: , but at least I'm learning:thumbs up

Scott_B September 22nd, 2006 11:03 AM

Hey. Id really like to keep my 3 kitties on it, but one of them wont eat it. Or I should say, she picks at it. She was over weight and since put on Felidae she has lost the weight and looks healthy now. Actually she looks so small, maybe because I'm used to her being a fat kitty lol.

So I'd like to find a food they will all eat. If I could keep them on the Felidae I would. Its an excellant food.

Scott_B September 23rd, 2006 06:54 AM

Well, :thumbs up so far for Evo. Put a bit out last night for them and it was gone this morning. So I gave them a bit this am and my fussy cat dug right in. :D So heres to hoping she keeps at it. :fingerscr :pray:

chico2 September 23rd, 2006 07:02 AM

My Vinnie is still looking around for his Medical,it's really pitiful to watch and I almost decided to go and get another bag from the vet,but no,I did not..
Don't think for a minute,that I let him starve,he has 3 kinds of dry to choose from and canned food,which he gobbles up:cat:
My other 2 cats,never touched the Medical..

vfrohloff September 27th, 2006 10:14 AM

Scott, are you feeding Felidae canned or dry? I'm just curious because my guys all love the Felidae dry but only one of them will eat the Felidae canned, and even then he just picks at it and leaves the rest. I now give them the Evo canned and they love it.

Scott_B September 27th, 2006 11:52 AM

Was the Felidae dry. The fussy one wont eat wet food. Luckly shes a female.

I've had them on the evo dry for a few days and they all seem to love it! But they dont seem to care for the evo wet :frustrated:

cpietra16 September 27th, 2006 05:35 PM

[QUOTE=vfrohloff]Scott, are you feeding Felidae canned or dry? I'm just curious because my guys all love the Felidae dry but only one of them will eat the Felidae canned, and even then he just picks at it and leaves the rest. I now give them the Evo canned and they love it.[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem. My cats are all on evo dry and felidea canned...they all hate the canned stuff, including the ferrels that would eat anything.
The scary thing is that they love....absolutely love friskies wet and not the felidea. :rolleyes: Anyway I will be trying a different kind when I'm done the felidea.

Prin September 27th, 2006 08:00 PM

[QUOTE=cpietra16]
The scary thing is that they love....absolutely love friskies wet and not the felidea. :rolleyes: Anyway I will be trying a different kind when I'm done the felidea.[/QUOTE]
That makes sense since Friskies probably adds tasty rancid fat.:shrug: