Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Just My Thoughts For The Day! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=10779)

Katherine1 January 1st, 2005 11:32 AM

Just My Thoughts For The Day!

You may not be interested in my thoughts but today I felt like sharing what this site means to me. Some of you already know that we lost out beloved Sadie recently if you had read my wanted posting. I have been researching and trying to find another small furbaby to join our loving family, but unfortunatly have been unable to find one so far. My son and I have searched all of the local bulletin boards and I called our local shelter and the lady said they didn't have any puppies or dogs available. My 9 year old son is a sweetheart, he just pats me on the back and tells me 'it will be ok mom we will find a baby to love us' . LOL out of the mouths of babes' eh? Anyway I just wanted to let everyone here know that this site has been a blessing for me. Even though we are sad about losing an important member of our family and have not as yet been able to adopt I so enjoy spending time on here reading up on advice and sharing the pet stories and pics that people are sharing. Thank you all for being here and sharing.

glasslass January 1st, 2005 11:58 AM

Thoughts here are welcome! I can safely say that all of us here echo your thoughts about this board. Keep looking! There's a little guy out there waiting for his forever home and family!

Lucky Rescue January 1st, 2005 02:20 PM

It really helps to have people who understand! Glad this site is helping you, and there is a dog out there who is going to be very lucky to be adopted by you!:)

Sadie's Mom January 2nd, 2005 12:51 AM

Hang in there Katherine, your son is right, your baby is out there waiting for you. Just keep looking and you'll find the right dog. I'll keep my fingers crossed and MY Sadie has her paws crossed for you too! :love:

hddlstn02 January 2nd, 2005 01:22 AM

Give it time...

I share your feelings for this site. Whoever created it deserves a big 'high-5'!

I hope you find a puppy to adopt soon. Just remember not to rush into anything. I just got my puppy a few weeks ago... While I was looking for a puppy my 2 sisters each got one, I was SO jealous! (I'm w/ puppies & kittens like most women are w/ new babies; Once I get my hands on one I don't want to let go!) Anyway, they told me that the lady they got them from had 1 more, but it was already given away. So then, I found out that the person who was supposed to get my little Bailey wasn't nice enough, according to the lady that had them, so she was going to find a better home for him. My sister told her that I would give him a great loving home, so I was chosen as Bailey's mommy! YAY!

Anyway, my point is that when you quit looking for something you always find it (or it finds you). And, things happen for a reason. So, don't be in too big of a hurry to adopt something, or you could wish you had waited later. Good luck in finding a baby!