Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet free photography (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Here there be snow dragons (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=74946)

hazelrunpack January 26th, 2011 07:51 PM

Here there be snow dragons

3 Attachment(s)
[CENTER][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][I][B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]...and after the blizzards the snow beasts arrive.
They come from the east, their snowy exhalations steaming in the cold air...

[ATTACH]71789[/ATTACH]

...and slowly they progress, hissing down the drive...

[ATTACH]71790[/ATTACH]

...closer, closer, closer until their growls deafen your ears and jack-hammer in your bones....

[ATTACH]71791[/ATTACH]
[/COLOR][/B][/I][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

hazelrunpack January 26th, 2011 07:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[CENTER][I][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Because here there be Snow Dragons.

[ATTACH]71792[/ATTACH][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/I][/CENTER]

breeze January 26th, 2011 07:55 PM

is that from today hazel????:eek:

I am sooooo jealous
Can I come and help you clear some paths?? pleaseeee :pray:

hazelrunpack January 26th, 2011 07:58 PM

No, it's from our December storm, I think. :D I just checked patti's snow thread first and saw a request for snowblowing pics. We've only gotten little accumulations since...but probably a foot or so all told.

breeze January 26th, 2011 08:00 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;980040]No, it's from our December storm, I think. :D I just checked patti's snow thread first and saw a request for snowblowing pics. We've only gotten little accumulations since...but probably a foot or so all told.[/QUOTE]

those are great pictures:thumbs up so clear and sunny!! I wish we had that snow now though it would be so much fun :crazy:

hazelrunpack January 26th, 2011 08:16 PM

I wish we did, too--ours is kinda dirty and gettin' yellow. We only get about an inch at a time and it just isn't standing up to all the setter feet and setter peein' goin' on out there! :frustrated: :o

pbpatti January 26th, 2011 08:35 PM

That is some mean snow dragon you got there Hazel :eek:, looks like you had a real nice snowfall. Did you get any sledding in during that time? patti

Goldfields January 26th, 2011 08:41 PM

Terrific, Hazel, thanks. Is it a very slow job? You must get sick of it. That snow is so lovely and white. Can you send us some by Sunday? It is going to be 38C. :( Swan Hill will be flooded by then, it seems so ridiculous, hot weather and terrible flooding together.

breeze January 26th, 2011 08:44 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;980045]I wish we did, too--ours is kinda dirty and gettin' yellow. We only get about an inch at a time and it just isn't standing up to all the setter feet and setter peein' goin' on out there! :frustrated: :o[/QUOTE]

same here hazel. :( not even a mountain to climb on this year :(

Dee-O-Gee January 26th, 2011 10:23 PM

Great pics Hazel. Love how DH is sportin' the orange colour on the green JD! :D

BMDLuver January 27th, 2011 09:09 AM

Anyone is welcome to the snow we have here! I have to start the snow dragon here today and it's not a lovely one like Hazel's DH has I'm afraid. It's an old heavy beast that terrifies me to use but I can't shovel for three hours either!

Melinda January 27th, 2011 09:39 AM

those are great pics, I wish we had nice snow like that, we never really got much this year, no snowbanks to speak of which is very weird for January

Shaykeija January 27th, 2011 10:17 AM

Your dragon looks hungry..want me send him some white food?

hazelrunpack January 28th, 2011 09:22 PM

[QUOTE=pbpatti;980052]Did you get any sledding in during that time? patti[/QUOTE]

Yep! :D Still getting some in now and then, although it's mostly been too cold for sledding. Instead, the dogs and I have been doing laps around the yard to stay warm. *insert :huffing-puffing smiley: here*

[QUOTE=Goldfields;980053]Is it a very slow job? You must get sick of it. [/QUOTE]

Our snow dragon makes pretty quick work of it, and most of what we've gotten since has been so light we didn't need to disturb the dragon for it. I rarely get sick of snow--as long as we get clean layers frequently, it can last for as long as it wants. :thumbs up As you can imagine, though, the snow gets pretty yellow here pretty fast...so frequent snow falls are good.

[QUOTE=BMDLuver;980140]Anyone is welcome to the snow we have here! I have to start the snow dragon here today and it's not a lovely one like Hazel's DH has I'm afraid. It's an old heavy beast that terrifies me to use but I can't shovel for three hours either![/QUOTE]

We have one like that, too...rarely take it out anymore now that we're in the country. We used to use it on the walks and drives at our old house--but the drive was much shorter than the one here. Now, if we get less than a couple inches at a crack, we only shovel the deck and let the rest go (no sidewalks out here to clear).

And it's so nice to see you back on the forum, BMDLuver! :highfive: Been a while!!!

[QUOTE=Shaykeija;980170]Your dragon looks hungry..want me send him some white food?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you may! When can I expect it? :D

hazelrunpack January 28th, 2011 09:24 PM

breeze and Melinda, we have plenty of banks to climb on! More than usual. So I'm thinking we got some of yours. Thank you for sharing! :p

klm, I've always liked the look of orange and green together, too! :thumbs up

Goldfields January 28th, 2011 11:01 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;980539]

Our snow dragon makes pretty quick work of it, and most of what we've gotten since has been so light we didn't need to disturb the dragon for it. I rarely get sick of snow--as long as we get clean layers frequently, it can last for as long as it wants. :thumbs up As you can imagine, though, the snow gets pretty yellow here pretty fast...so frequent snow falls are good.

[/QUOTE]

EEEWWW, too much information. :D :D You are spoiling this vision I had of pristine purity. :laughing: Glad the snow dragon works fast. :thumbs up