Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   My Heart.... (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=71725)

Shaykeija July 29th, 2010 01:58 AM

My Heart....

Broke today. I went to get Tyra and Quincy groomed and decided to go do a snuggle fest at the pound. I watched them bring in this slow moving golden cross dog. I went up and cuddled this poor old soul and was shocked to feel every bone in his frail body. He was abandoned in the bush and was quite old. He was so weak it was with great difficulty that he walked. I bent down to look in to his eyes and he leaned into me and right into my heart. I looked at my husband and started to cry. Why the hell would someone do this to this baby? The handler said he is filthy and you will get dirty. So I did the only thing that I could do. I hugged him and told him that I loved him. Getting dirty was not my concern. He was. They were going to give him fluids and food and get him checked by the vet. I called there about 10 times to check on him. They are leaning towards sending him on to the bridge as they think this would be a blessing. I asked them to at least give him a night of comfort and compassion. I have sent food and a bed down for him. He haunts me..my heart is broken because I cannot save this one....:(

coppperbelle July 29th, 2010 07:41 AM

My heart

Thank you for caring for this old boy. :angel:
Where are you located? Any chance a rescue would take him? I have had a few old guys that were dumped at shelters and have been able to find them forever homes. I hope this guy gets a chance.

ancientgirl July 29th, 2010 08:49 AM

That's terrible. I cannot imagine what goes on in a person's mind that would abandon an old soul like this. You are an angel for caring, and showing him someone cares. :grouphug: Maybe all he needs is some food and loving care and he'll be okay.

krdahmer July 29th, 2010 01:18 PM

:cry: What you did was beautiful...no matter the outcome that poor guy knew at least a moment of unconditional love. :grouphug:

mastifflover July 29th, 2010 01:38 PM

[QUOTE=krdahmer;940255]:cry: What you did was beautiful...no matter the outcome that poor guy knew at least a moment of unconditional love. :grouphug:[/QUOTE]

I second that. I am sure that made him feel some love and that not all people are evil. You did a great thing so as bad as you feel you did right by him

Tundra_Queen July 29th, 2010 02:41 PM

Shay, that poor pup! I hope he will be ok. You have a heart of gold Shay. ((HUGS))

chico2 July 29th, 2010 04:32 PM

Oh Shay,you brought tears to my eyes,that poor old boy:cry:but then you came along and showed him love..
Maybe it is possible for you to go and visit him,maybe he'll get a will to live and maybe there is someone out there,like many of our members who love to give an old pupper a second chance:pray:

Shaykeija July 29th, 2010 09:28 PM

Beauty went to the bridge this morning. He was just in such bad shape they could not save him. All his organs were failing and was having a terrible time just breathing. I named him Beauty and his ashes will be returned to me. In death, he will know love....:(

14+kitties July 29th, 2010 09:30 PM

:grouphug::angel:
:candle::rip: Beauty :candle: Run free at the bridge

otter July 29th, 2010 10:18 PM

:grouphug::grouphug:

hazelrunpack July 29th, 2010 10:21 PM

That's just so sad, Shay. :cry: You did a wonderful thing for him. :grouphug:

:candle: Beauty

krdahmer July 29th, 2010 11:27 PM

:cry::( :candle:

:grouphug:

Tundra_Queen July 29th, 2010 11:52 PM

Shay, that is so sad. :cry2: I'm so sorry to hear about Beauty. :grouphug:

Debbie

chico2 July 30th, 2010 07:52 AM

Shay,I am so sorry:cry:
:rip:sweet old boy:pawprint:

Sylvie July 30th, 2010 08:08 AM

What a horrible story.

At least he knew someone cared. :grouphug: :grouphug:

:rip: Beauty

ancientgirl July 30th, 2010 08:39 AM

How sad. I had hoped he would be saved.

At least he knew love and kindness for a few hours, and felt some comfort in his last moments.

:rip:Beauty.

Brat July 30th, 2010 04:05 PM

oh geez.. I started bawling while reading this at work :(

You did a wonderful thing Shay.. you have a huge heart. :grouphug:

Dog Dancer August 3rd, 2010 11:46 AM

I just read this now at work and am in tears too. Shay you did a wonderful thing to give Beauty a name and some last loving care. Having two seniors myself I just can't understand how someone could be so heartless. RIP Beauty. You will be remembered with love.

cpietra16 August 3rd, 2010 07:30 PM

:rip:Beauty. I'm glad you were with loving people when you passed over...Shaykeija you were their at the right time right place to see her over the bridge.you are very kind and selfless.

Shaykeija August 5th, 2010 11:22 PM

Beauty was returned to me today. I cried for a pup I only knew for a few minutes. Beauty will have company with Akeija and Sophie. He will go with me when my time comes. I hope, at the bridge he finds the love and care he so deserved. May soft blankets, warm sunshine and big bones bring him joy.:candle::rip::dog:

ancientgirl August 6th, 2010 07:56 AM

It doesn't matter how long you knew this beautiful soul. There are some lives that no matter how long we have known them, they stay with us forever.

chico2 August 6th, 2010 03:41 PM

Aw Shay,it's so sad,but he's home now with you:pawprint:

hazelrunpack August 6th, 2010 08:45 PM

:grouphug:

Luvmypitgirls August 9th, 2010 12:59 AM

Dog Bless you.....:cry: