Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Recipes for humans (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Crock pot recipies? (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=78931)

renegaderuby October 8th, 2011 03:30 PM

Crock pot recipies?

If anyone has any crockpot recipies , i'd so love them. I've worn out roast and potatoes, and we've not got venison in the freezer to do deer tips and rice. ....so I'm out of ideas.

I've done a chicken and noodle, and chicken and dumpling experiment. They turned out well. But now its like...."now what". LOL

We love beef, chicken, venison (which we are out of right now), turkey (ground or otherwise), pork, ect....
spicy is ok (but not so spicy your miserable afterwards), we love beans,
teen loves veggies, husband and myself..not so much (but a few thrown in there is ok...we can pick around them...lol).

much appreciated. As a "mom" who "didnt" cook often. I'm trying new things, and attempting to lower my grociery bill as we can "eat on it" for days. Also...its cheaper than going OUT to eat. Went thru a drive thru the other day...21 dollars for us to eat a small meal. geesh.
Ok...thats it.
thanks.

Winston October 8th, 2011 03:46 PM

Here is a good site with recipes

[url]http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/preparation/slow-cooker-recipes[/url]

renegaderuby October 8th, 2011 04:23 PM

[QUOTE=Winston;1026323]Here is a good site with recipes

[url]http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/preparation/slow-cooker-recipes[/url][/QUOTE]

Thank you. I will check this out for sure. I just figured maybe someone on here had an old grammie handed down slow cooker recipie. LOL.
But yes...this definatly will give me some ideas. THANKS SO MUCH!

pattymac October 8th, 2011 06:15 PM

I love the Company's Coming cookbooks, they have at least 2 crock pot books out. I just bought their 5 ingredient crock pot book. I would think you can get them in the US. It's a Canadian company but if you google Company's Coming you can order off their website. I have a whole bunch of their cookbooks, the one's for chicken are really good. Actually I haven't seen a boring cookbook from them yet.

pattymac October 8th, 2011 06:17 PM

Oh I love making puddings in mine. There's one I'll look up and put here, it's for a pudding cake, you know one of those ones that makes it's own sauce and I also made a loaf of bread..it turned out quite nice actually. It was nice and moist and chewy, fairly dense but made awesome toast.

binkybuff October 8th, 2011 07:48 PM

I use my crockpot to make large amounts of spaghetti sauce, then freeze it in meal sized containers.

I agree with one of the others, Company's Coming, is one great book, but if you can cook it, use the crockpot.

have fun with it, I have spaghetti sauce right now.

take care
binky

Marty11 October 9th, 2011 07:58 AM

Pulled pork sandwiches "Allrecipes.com" cheap cut of pork roast with a bottle of BBQ sauce goes a long way. Chili is a great one too.

renegaderuby October 11th, 2011 12:26 AM

Thanks so much. I will defitnatly try to find that book. BREAD in a crock pot? who knew. And pudding cake..oh please pleasee...(i have an incurable sweet tooth)

renegaderuby October 15th, 2011 07:32 AM

[QUOTE=pattymac;1026330]Oh I love making puddings in mine. There's one I'll look up and put here, it's for a pudding cake, you know one of those ones that makes it's own sauce and I also made a loaf of bread..it turned out quite nice actually. It was nice and moist and chewy, fairly dense but made awesome toast.[/QUOTE]

UM...someone mentioned a recipie for pudding cake..and I've checked everyday for said recipie...HINT HINT :D

NoahGrey January 20th, 2012 01:31 PM

i love love the crock pot...great thread

pbpatti January 20th, 2012 08:20 PM

[QUOTE=NoahGrey;1033026]i love love the crock pot...great thread[/QUOTE]

Hey NoahGrey....where's your recipe? :( I like to use my crock pot but do not have any recipes except pulled pork. If you can share something special that you make please do....please:goodvibes::D patti

Canadianbella January 29th, 2012 03:36 PM

I have two on my blog, but I don't think i'm allowed to link you, so i'll just copy & paste the recipes :

[B]Crockpot Penne and Cheese[/B]

1 uncooked box/pound of Penne noodles
4 tablespoons butter
2 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup whole milk
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Boil the penne until very al dente, around 8 minutes.

In a medium saucepan, mix butter and cheese. Stir until the cheese melts

In slow cooker, combine cheese mixture and add sour cream, soup, salt, milk, mustard and pepper. Add the drained penne and stir again.

Cook on low for 2 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.

[B]White Hot Chocolate A La Crockpot [/B]

2 cups whipping cream
6 cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips

Throw it all in a crockpot (on low) and stir every once in a while. 'Cook' for at least 2 hours, to make sure it's all blended and melted.
Serve with whipped cream and/or candy canes !

Soundy January 29th, 2012 07:46 PM

ROOT BEER PULLED PORK!

Yes, really.

Put a pork roast in the crock, add a bottle (500ml/16oz) of your favorite root beer, and cook on low 6-8 hours. The roast will just fall apart once it's done - so tender, and a really nice hint of RB flavor to it.

For extra sloppy goodness, drain the root beer, break apart the roast, add a bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce, and continue cooking on high for another couple hours.

Serve on a ciabatta bun with a suitable side (I recommend onion rings).

patchdog November 17th, 2012 05:58 PM

Chicken breast in crockpot, covered with a bottle of Italian dressing. This is fabulous. The chicken is very moist and has a great flavor to it. I have also added carrots and potatoes to this and it is a fav of ours.