Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE) (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Help for Orillia/Barrie area for lost Sable (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=40383)

shirley1011 May 14th, 2007 05:18 AM

Help for Orillia/Barrie area for lost Sable

Still nothing on Sable....just a few calls that didn't go anywhere.

I had another communicator reading...the one that gave us right on
locations back in the late fall.

I need some help ...

This is the second reading and she is getting the same information so
believes he is staying with this person....

Collie Dog there/ a horse/ two old grey barns / front porch with a round
back wood chair but

TENTS!!! About ten of them... green nylon

she believes the man there is a guide of some sort.

This is the Orillia/Barrie/Coldwater/Washago area.

Can anyone think of what type of guide would need tents on a farm??

I have been thinking some kind of organized turkey shoot...but am coming up
empty on leads for that.

We drove around all weekend on the back roads and came up with ZIP!

Can anyone help with suggestions of what it might be.

Chris21711 May 14th, 2007 11:50 AM

Finding Sable

I was thinking the Google Earth site maybe of some use. I have never tried it (we are on dial-up), but have heard from friends that you can zoom in to places via satellite to just about any property. They have told me that they can see our house quite clearly, maybe it's worth a try. Did the leads in Warminster etc., appear to be the dog with the green collar?

shirley1011 May 14th, 2007 12:22 PM

Haven't tried Google Earth but I will see what I can do...
The dog with the green collar has vanished! Don;t think he has
been to Warminster...he seems to be running down along Lake Simcoe
towards Barrie. Poor thing

shirley1011 May 17th, 2007 12:00 PM

Does anyone know of dowsers for lost animals. I am not finding much
on the internet.

I am getting really desperate! I think we may soon have to give up the
active search without any leads to go on.

mummummum May 17th, 2007 02:47 PM

Shirley ~ I'm so sorry that Sable is still not home.

I don't know anything about animal dowsers but I was thinking about ways to contact farmers and country folk asking them ~ pleading ~ for their help.

This is the website for the 4H clubs of Ontario.
[url]http://www.4-hontario.ca/[/url]

And this is a Ontario Gov website that lists all or most of the marketing boards and associations for farmers and their contact information.

[url]http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/farmproducts/factsheets/marketing.htm[/url]

:fingerscr :candle:

Love4himies May 24th, 2007 09:02 AM

Shirley, any new info/leads?

shirley1011 May 24th, 2007 11:31 AM

No Good News

I have just had another call from the Orillia area that said she
saw Sable last night. As well her friend saw him while she was driving.
A girl she works with said she saw him last week out in Marchmont. We had
the calls last week that he was around the HAwk Ridge Golf Club but I
spent all weekend searching that area but no Sable and no calls while I
was there.
Don't know what to do....seems people are still seeing him but afraid of him he is sol wolf-like and then call me days later and I can't even have someone up there or the OSPCA go to check it out.

I am so at a loss and getting so discouraged...almost thinking it is time to give up.

cpietra16 May 24th, 2007 11:38 AM

I know the feeling. Don't be discouraged. At least there have been sitings. It would be great if someone would just happen to have a camera so that you can see for yourself.
Don't give up. Just maybe someone will be able to approach him and keep him indoors until you arrive.
I can imagine how frustrating it must be to feel like you're so close but never there....don't give up.

shirley1011 May 24th, 2007 12:05 PM

Thanks for all the encouragement....but it has been so disappointing especially after chasing down the wrong dog three weeks ago and I know the two calls I had on Monday were not him....he had on a harness..one said it was red the other said the harness was blue....and the dog had blue eyes??
It is all just overwhelming at times....you get your hopes up and then boom...down you go again.

Love4himies May 24th, 2007 12:47 PM

I feel so sorry for you I just want to cry and give you a big hug. Please don't give up hope and keep the flyers going, there is a lot of people looking for him.:grouphug:

shirley1011 May 25th, 2007 08:15 AM

Another call from Orillia in town

Just so you know my frustration....I had a call this morning at 4:30 a.m.
and although I appreciate every don't get me wrong, a lady saw Sable
about a week and 1/2 ago and just read it in the paper and thought she would let me know. Only a week and 1/2 ago. Do you know what my heart
did at 4:30 this morning when I saw it was a call from the "705" area code
Talk about a let down.
Enough complaining......I am beginning to believe he is in Orillia proper from
the calls I am getting and we have been looking on the outskirts. the lady
who called early this morning said she was close enough and did confirm the coloured pictures I emailed toher that is was him that he had no collar on but she said looked like he was being fed.
:sad: I guess I am off to Orillia for the weekend to put up posters all over town

cpietra16 May 25th, 2007 08:34 AM

Good luck... I hope you get a good lead..:fingerscr :fingerscr

Love4himies May 25th, 2007 09:09 AM

Weird she called at 4:30AM if it has been a week and a half since she saw Sable.

Sending you :goodvibes: and wish you luck!

Chris21711 May 25th, 2007 09:44 AM

Have you tried asking in the local animal feed stores. Our local one knows every farmer, you could mention what the communicator said about the tents on the property. No doubt you have already gone this route, but try not to give up Shirley. I think even if he is being fed by someone, that it is not too far from where he is being seen. Good luck on the weekend.

rainbow May 27th, 2007 10:13 PM

:fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

shirley1011 June 2nd, 2007 07:58 PM

Horseshoe Valley???

We received a call last week from Horseshoe Valley in the Sugar Bush subdivision that Sable had been going to this one particular house for over 3 weeks. The man didn't know he was a "missing" dog as he had been in Florida over the winter and just got back early May.
Sable and another dog...part lab/Doberman? have been showing up regularly and the other dog is very friendly will let them pet him but not Sable he runs if approached but if not will lay under the deck etc.
We were called on Sat. morning last week and went immediately....the dogs have never returned.
Friday morning at 9:00 a.m. I received another call from a lady enroute to the house the dogs were going to that Sable had passed her house but alone.
She tried to follow him but lost him in the bush....there is a sectionf of the
Ganaraska Trail system that goes thru this area.
We spent the day there again today with no results......don't know how to
trace this other dog...any ideas?

Quins-mum June 2nd, 2007 09:10 PM

Dont give up Shirley, you have had so many sighting... that in encouraging.

When you think you've nearly had enough, just think of my cat, Lexies story....the one you said gave you so much hope.

In my heart, I dont think you can give up....you love Sable too much to do that:grouphug:

Once again we're sending you hugs, and good thoughts.

Pam, Lexie and Quin in New Zealand:fingerscr

Winston June 2nd, 2007 09:58 PM

[QUOTE=shirley1011;434771]We received a call last week from Horseshoe Valley in the Sugar Bush subdivision that Sable had been going to this one particular house for over 3 weeks. The man didn't know he was a "missing" dog as he had been in Florida over the winter and just got back early May.
Sable and another dog...part lab/Doberman? have been showing up regularly and the other dog is very friendly will let them pet him but not Sable he runs if approached but if not will lay under the deck etc.
We were called on Sat. morning last week and went immediately....the dogs have never returned.
Friday morning at 9:00 a.m. I received another call from a lady enroute to the house the dogs were going to that Sable had passed her house but alone.
She tried to follow him but lost him in the bush....there is a sectionf of the
Ganaraska Trail system that goes thru this area.
We spent the day there again today with no results......don't know how to
trace this other dog...any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Shirley !! This is good news....Maybe this man could trap Sable if they come back...meaning under his deck if thats where they go...You have had so many sightings I beleive Sable will come home to you! I think that it is also good that Sable may have a friend...because people may have more sightings of 2 dogs rather than just 1!!

Still praying for you and Sable...sending positive thoughts your way!@

Cindy
:fingerscr

angeldogs June 2nd, 2007 10:59 PM

Don't give up:fingerscr :goodvibes: maybe this gut can help like Winston said.good luck.

chico2 June 3rd, 2007 07:13 AM

Still hoping for Sables safe return,somehow it's comforting to know he's with another dog:dog:

mummummum June 3rd, 2007 11:28 AM

:fingerscr :pawprint: :goodvibes:

For Sable's safe homecoming. :love:

rainbow June 3rd, 2007 03:11 PM

Oh, this must be so frustrating for you.....to always be one step behind. :frustrated: :grouphug: Don't give up.......your luck has to change soon. :fingerscr :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

Carlyg June 3rd, 2007 06:45 PM

:fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr Oh I really hope you catch him :grouphug:

Love4himies June 4th, 2007 07:35 AM

I hope you find him soon :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr . I get the same positive feelings off this thead as I did when I was following Maddie's adventure in Ottawa last fall. I know you must be so frustrated :grouphug: , but please don't give up hope.

papillonmama June 4th, 2007 09:50 AM

I hope you find Sable soon. It's very good news that people are still seeing him :goodvibes:

Good luck.

Chris21711 June 4th, 2007 10:28 AM

I log on to this site almost daily hoping so much to read that Sable, Spencer and now Billy are back home where they belong. Have you spoken to the man Shirley? Maybe you could ask him to take a photograph, is he feeding him?

SableCollie June 4th, 2007 01:43 PM

If you could get the man to put food out to the dogs so they will keep coming back to his house, then maybe he would let you wait in his yard a few times a week to see if sable shows up. Or perhaps the spca would let you borrow a trap from them if you said you would set it up yourself?

Don't give up! I always remember the story of the golden retriever who was running loose for 2 years! No one could catch him, but after 2 years, he was finally caught and reunited with his family! You can read his story [URL="http://www.boston.com/news/local/new_hampshire/articles/2006/04/07/sam_the_golden_retriever_caught_after_2_years_on_the_lam/"]here[/URL], I hope it will give you hope!!!!

:fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr

shirley1011 June 4th, 2007 05:49 PM

Thanks so much for the "Sam" the Golden story...it is very encouraging as
I have lost faith this past week.
Unfortunately the OSPCA in Orillia are not very helpful.
He is still roaming from Horshoe Valley to Bass Lake and had a call today again
The folks where he was visiting haven't seen him now for over a week.
He was on the street leading to their house on Friday but didn't go there.
I don't think he will be interested in getting fed if he is being fed with the
other dog...but who know it will be worth a try.

Chris21711 June 5th, 2007 09:22 AM

I've mentioned before that my daughter works at the OSPCA here in York Region. She knows investigators in both Orillia and Barrie, maybe they will be a bit more co-operative if they get a request from one of their own. She is fully aware of Sable's plight and always asks for updates. She may be able to help.

shirley1011 June 5th, 2007 11:17 AM

Thanks Chris...I have sent you a private message and would like to
pursue this OSPCA thing a little. I am really upset with the response I have
been getting from them....I know they think I should give it up and that I am a little crazy. As long as I am getting calls I can't give up.