Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum for cats and dogs (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Dogs being poisoned (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=2996)

mona_b February 3rd, 2004 12:26 PM

Dogs being poisoned

Talk about sickos......

Withrow parks off leash park has been closed off.

This park is in the east end of Toronto.It's at Logan and Danforth.

A dog has died,and several are sick.They all seem to have been poisioned.The police are investigating this.

They have decided to close surrounding area off leash parks till they finish their investigathion.

This is very sad...And shows how sick people can be.What's even sadder is that this can happen at any park anywhere.

So please,when taking your dogs to a park like this,be VERY careful and keep an eye on your dogs.

Luba February 3rd, 2004 01:03 PM

Thanks for posting this Mona it's about a 20min drive from me and it's a lovely park.

This sicko nuthead could not only kill and harm dogs there are lots of kids that go to that park there's a huge playground and a hill that they sled down.

My concern is that this ahole will strike again but in another park so dog owners and walkers until this creep is caught KEEP YOUR DOGS ON LEASH AT THE PARK AT ALL TIMES!!! ANYWHERE NEAR THE TORONTO AREA!

The little dog that died was to celebrate his 2nd birthday... I think his name is TBone..the family is devastated.

Hugs to all of those dealing with sick dogs from this sicko psychopath!!

A beautiful young dog, snuffed out by some nutcase!!

daisy18216 February 3rd, 2004 08:20 PM

Not to sound stupid but how are they posioning the dogs???

I hope they catch the sicko and throw away the key.

mona_b February 3rd, 2004 08:26 PM

They think it's in some food.

A woman picked up a piece of what looked like a hotdog...Apparently the dog just finished eating some then got sick.She picked it up and put it in a baggie and gave it to the cops.

People are just so sick.

Carina February 4th, 2004 04:29 AM

That is horrible - so cruel. What on earth drives people to do that sort of thing?
There was a rash of poisonings in the Denver area when I lived there; someone was soaking pieces of meat in antifreeze and throwing it into random yards if a dog was seen. They never caught whoever did it; & the poisonings just stopped after a while. Quite a few dogs died... :(

If I was goD I'd have made that person drink a cup of antifreeze....

mona_b February 4th, 2004 08:51 AM

I think the people who things like this are the cold hearted ones...

They don't give a D***N about anyone or anything..And they know it's going to get to the media...And they sit back and watch.

As Luba said,there are children who play in these parks..And we all know the little ones love to eat snow....And I know when my daughter Kyra was younger,she loved to eat snow.:rolleyes:

As I'm typing and watching the news,a few kids also got sick.They are fine and back in school.Thank God.

Times have changed since I was a kid.Then when I had Kyra,I admit,I had her in a bubble.Only reason,long story short,a guy tried to take her 3 times right in front of me as I was talking to my friend in her driveway.Kyra was 4 at the time.Lets just say he got a nice blackeye from me.And thank got a cop car was out front.This B*****D tried to take 3 other kids.INFRONT of their parents.

My daughter will be 17 in March.And how much of a bubble can I have her in.It just scares the H**L out of me.

amaruq February 4th, 2004 09:27 AM

GRRRRR!

Luba February 4th, 2004 11:44 AM

Apparently some kids have been sick now as well, they just made the connection it may be from the park.

chico2 February 5th, 2004 10:56 PM

They say it is some sort of pesticide,not available to the public.
Some blue crystals and very toxic.The little sweet spaniel died simply because he was so little,the bigger dogs got sick but they survived.Hopefully it's not spread all over the snow...if it was in a few Hot-Dogs maybe there won't be any more poisonings,the damage is already done.Someone must hate dogs and their owners very much.

mona_b February 6th, 2004 08:51 AM

And they are also calling it a homicide.

And the Ahole who did this didn't even think about the children who play in the park.GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

And when they were interviewing people,they also interviewed Rex Harrington.He has 2 beautiful Great Danes.I think he is such a hottie.:D

For those who don't know him,he was in the Canadian National Ballet.

Loved him in his tights.;)

chico2 February 6th, 2004 09:09 AM

Agree about Rex Harrington:o Shame on me,dirty old woman:)

Lucky Rescue February 6th, 2004 12:17 PM

I never stop being amazed at how evil and sick people can be..

Rex Harrington....yes - rather nice.:D

Spoiled February 6th, 2004 04:55 PM

And knowing what little kids do, they'd pick up a hot dog and eat it too! I knew a kid who actualy picked up gum off the sidewalk and chewed it!!! Talk about gross.

wAggie February 6th, 2004 09:06 PM

LOL @ mona & chico!

I've been watching the story as well...

I was amazing at the measures the police have gone to try and solve this... (in reference to that police grip search).

I feel a bit better knowing that the police is treating it this seriously... I hope they DO catch this person(s), so far everything's been pretty vague as to why the person(s) could be doing this...

:mad:

mona_b February 7th, 2004 12:14 PM

....:D ;) :p

Well they are trying to figure out how this person(s) got this stuff.
If I recal,it is used with farmers.

But I am so glad also that they are taking this very seriously.