Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Breed characteristics and traits (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   New puppy boxer (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=78338)

SCUBADIVER August 20th, 2011 02:03 PM

New puppy boxer

Shes now 12 weeks old , and 20lbs. But i have noticed that one eye has a little pink around it .Like the eye lid is to big .. is this ..ok !!

And is there anything that this breed needs... more than others!!

Thanks Tom

hazelrunpack August 20th, 2011 09:31 PM

Is the pink on the lid around the eye or on the eye itself?

SCUBADIVER August 21st, 2011 12:11 PM

Around the eye .I took a picture of her and it's in my album .

hazelrunpack August 21st, 2011 03:22 PM

It looks like she might have some irritation in the right eye--the pink around it along the inside toward the snout is the nictitating membrane (third eyelid). When that gets irritated or if the eye is injured, the membrane pulls up onto the eye. If she's had it like that for a while, it's not a bad idea to have it looked at by a vet to find the cause.

She's a beautiful girl, by the way. :lovestruck: Welcome to the board!

SCUBADIVER August 22nd, 2011 04:28 AM

Could shampoo do this.... I gave her a bath! But i will take her to the vets shes go back in for her 3rd set of shots soon.. I have been giving her a bath once a week!
I have been using puppy shampoo and vet conditioner

Tropiclean

hazelrunpack August 22nd, 2011 08:08 AM

It might if you got it in her eyes, but there are a lot of other causes. When is her appointment? If the redness/irritation continues, she should probably be seen this week for the eye problem.

Is there a particular reason you bathe her so often? Most dogs don't need to be shampooed that frequently and giving her many baths might result in dry skin.

SCUBADIVER August 22nd, 2011 02:46 PM

Shelby

I read your post @ 4:30 AM LOL. and took her to the vets today. Just to be on the safe side .. And all is good.... NO eye problems!! ..But she Put on another 2 lbs since friday:):)

hazelrunpack August 22nd, 2011 03:02 PM

Yay! :highfive:

But 2 lbs since [I]Friday!?![/I] Holy catz, talk about growing like a weed! :laughing: So you realize, given that she's growing so fast, we'll need lots of pics at every stage so we can properly oooo and ahhhhh over her...right? :o :D

SCUBADIVER August 22nd, 2011 07:44 PM

Shelby

:laughing: Thats what they said .. That cant be right lets do that one more time :) she was 8.7 KG on friday and today 9.7 ...Soon i will have to FIGHT for my spot on the BED :D

And as for the bathing i will do that once a month.. And maybe every 2..

Thanks for your help

TOM

Next i want to get her in the POOL :D

hazelrunpack August 22nd, 2011 08:55 PM

You're gonna lose that fight for the bed. The dog(s) always win(s) [I]that [/I]one! :p

Remember the camera when you get her in the pool, pls! :D

Longblades August 23rd, 2011 08:03 AM

Good news about her weight and eye.

As for the bathing, many of us try to avoid bathing at all. Our dogs. :) No baths. My Lab only gets one if he rolls in something stinky just before we have to go somewhere. I do hose him off with just water but no shampoo unless I have to.

SCUBADIVER August 24th, 2011 03:52 PM

Shelby

LOL :D:D Just as your about leave the kids ...The dog... Have to get into SOMETHING..Thats why they invented ROPE and DUCT TAPE FOR ...:thumbs up KIDS

Dont make me go there ... LOL

mattphill November 11th, 2011 05:45 PM

pink eye

[QUOTE=SCUBADIVER;1021583]Shes now 12 weeks old , and 20lbs. But i have noticed that one eye has a little pink around it .Like the eye lid is to big .. is this ..ok !!

And is there anything that this breed needs... more than others!!

Thanks Tom[/QUOTE]

my chesapeake had the same condition,when he was 14 weeks old,its called canine conjunctivits,its the inflammation of the mucuous membrane,i`m not saying this is the problem but it sounds simular.best see the vet,good luck.