Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum for cats and dogs (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   poop bags (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=68999)

pickycanadian March 17th, 2010 10:08 AM

poop bags

If anyone's looking for poop bags for the upcoming summer walks, you should check out [URL="http://www.elmhirstpackaging.ca/0do.html"]Doodeefulls Dog Poop Bags[/URL].

They're the cheapest I've seen online (claim to be the cheapest anywhere online), are biodegradable, & have handles for tying.

Happy scooping! :stork-baby:

cell March 17th, 2010 05:46 PM

you can also get good, cheap (48 for $1 + tax) biodegradable bags at any Dollarama...

14+kitties March 17th, 2010 06:05 PM

[QUOTE=cell;897322]you can also get good, cheap (48 for $1 + tax) biodegradable bags at any Dollarama...[/QUOTE]

Yep, and they smell like chocolate or vanilla. :cloud9: I use them for cleaning my indoor litter boxes. They work great. Can handle a large amount without breaking. :thumbs up

Frenchy March 17th, 2010 06:51 PM

[QUOTE=cell;897322]you can also get good, cheap (48 for $1 + tax) biodegradable bags at any Dollarama...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=14+kitties;897326]Yep, and they smell like chocolate or vanilla. :cloud9: I use them for cleaning my indoor litter boxes. They work great. Can handle a large amount without breaking. :thumbs up[/QUOTE]

WHAT ??? They have chocolate smelly ones ??? :crazy: Dollarstore here only has vanilla :(

Marcha March 17th, 2010 06:53 PM

Hahaha! I *love* their name!

Melinda March 17th, 2010 07:08 PM

we have "ocean fresh" at our dollarama

otter March 17th, 2010 07:29 PM

Hee hee, we have "Poopy sac"s at the Bargain Shop :cool:

Something to keep in mind with the cheapy biodegradable ones is that they basically break down into itty bitty pieces of plastic bag or the chemicals they were originally made from (if you read up, these are really toxic :yuck:) so... if you can get the compostable bags, the ones made of cornstarch, they are way better in a "good for the earth" kinda way :goodvibes:. OK, i'm the picky one now!

happycats March 17th, 2010 08:10 PM

Yup, those are the ones I use, they have handles to tie, and smell really nice.....until you use them :D

kungfuMao March 18th, 2010 12:43 AM

[QUOTE=otter;897360]Hee hee, we have "Poopy sac"s at the Bargain Shop :cool:

Something to keep in mind with the cheapy biodegradable ones is that they basically break down into itty bitty pieces of plastic bag or the chemicals they were originally made from (if you read up, these are really toxic :yuck:) so... if you can get the compostable bags, the ones made of cornstarch, they are way better in a "good for the earth" kinda way :goodvibes:. OK, i'm the picky one now![/QUOTE]

Will I be able to find compostable bags at my petsmart or local pet store? grocery store?

Has anyone actually tried doodeefull bags? It sure is tempting as the biodegradable ones I'm using right now (bags on board) don't have handles to tie and consequently smells escape. ick. cat poop garbage... do. not. like. :yuck:

chico2 March 18th, 2010 08:02 AM

I've been buying biodegradable poop-bags at the Dollar-Store for a long time,like 14+I use them to clean out the litterboxes,but also for little Bailey's poop outside.

Batdelfuego May 17th, 2010 01:02 PM

PoopBags.ca

I get the PoopBags.ca bags.
Really strong and long... They have Biodegradable and Compostable too! And they have a lavender scent.

You can even request a free sample of both bags on their website before trying! [url]www.poopbags.ca[/url]

I got 4 dogs and having a lot of poop bags around is what I need... :thumbs up

quincymycat May 17th, 2010 02:49 PM

I have been using the ones from Dollarama since they started stocking them. I find them great for scooping the litter boxes then I just deposit the bag of clumps into the recycle bin in the garage. I think they are great.
I have only found the chocolate scent here though.....took me a while to figure out exactly what the smell was supposed to be. Never found vanilla but the ocean fresh sounds interesting! :D

Masha May 17th, 2010 03:13 PM

I have been using the ones from ikea. I like that they are black and not seethrough... so i dont have to walk on the street for all to see what my poo bag contains. A roll is 99c and i am not sure how many bags it has but its a decent size roll.... i am thinking it has 50 bags in it roughly, btu its a guess.

catfish May 17th, 2010 03:33 PM

Thank you for the post, I will check that out.

Melinda May 17th, 2010 03:34 PM

the ones from the dollar store aren't see through, and less than 99 cents a roll

cell May 17th, 2010 03:49 PM

From Dollarama it is $.99 for 48 bags. The manufacturer of the bags has a website [url]http://www.epi-global.com/[/url] discussing the technology of the biodegradability of the bags and plastic products. It is still unclear to me whether the bags are completely biodegradable or remain as plastic powder after decomposing. I lean more towards incomplete degradation, since it is still plastic being used.
To save bags I re-use them as long as the poop did not leave reside on the bag, luckily Leo's poop is pretty consistently firm, so I have gone almost a week on the same bag, I just stuff it in my back pocket lol.

Tundra_Queen May 17th, 2010 04:52 PM

We don't have a dollarstore here. :wall: Only walmart and I don't like the bags I've gotten from there. Very difficult to tie and no vanilla scent, just plastic and they aren't really that long. I want the vanilla kind...:yell:

Batdelfuego May 19th, 2010 03:58 PM

[QUOTE=quincymycat;919278]I have been using the ones from Dollarama since they started stocking them. I find them great for scooping the litter boxes then I just deposit the bag of clumps into the recycle bin in the garage. I think they are great.
I have only found the chocolate scent here though.....took me a while to figure out exactly what the smell was supposed to be. Never found vanilla but the ocean fresh sounds interesting! :D[/QUOTE]

Quincymycat do you put your biodegradable bags in the recycle bin?
They should go in the trash... They biodegrade at the dump... If you put them in the recycle bin, people at the recycle company will have to sort them and trash them...

chico2 May 19th, 2010 04:05 PM

I had to snicker a little,what does it really matter what kind of scent the poop-bags have,or no scent at all,the smelly stuff that goes in there takes over any vanilla-scent:laughing:
When we walk Bailey she can poop as much as 5 times,a lot of poop for a little Cocker:dog:

Batdelfuego May 19th, 2010 04:15 PM

[QUOTE=chico2;919839]I had to snicker a little,what does it really matter what kind of scent the poop-bags have,or no scent at all,the smelly stuff that goes in there takes over any vanilla-scent:laughing:
When we walk Bailey she can poop as much as 5 times,a lot of poop for a little Cocker:dog:[/QUOTE]

What kind of food do you feed Bailey?
5 poppies on one walk is a lot of poop! haha!

chico2 May 20th, 2010 03:43 PM

Well,she's not my dog,we just walk her every day,but usually they feed her Natural Balance.
Today she only pooped 2 big piles:dog:

Batdelfuego May 20th, 2010 04:04 PM

Hehe... It's always a lot of fun!
When I changed my dogs food to a organic one they pooped a lot less...
And when you have 4 dogs like I do, 2 poops per day per dog is already enough... :p

TulipRoxy May 20th, 2010 06:50 PM

[QUOTE=Batdelfuego;919255]I get the PoopBags.ca bags.
Really strong and long... They have Biodegradable and Compostable too! And they have a lavender scent.

You can even request a free sample of both bags on their website before trying! [url]www.poopbags.ca[/url]

I got 4 dogs and having a lot of poop bags around is what I need... :thumbs up[/QUOTE]

We use these bags as well! They are awesome, affordable, ship for free plus they support animal rescue!

krdahmer May 20th, 2010 10:16 PM

I used to use those dollarama bags too, until they started collecting the cat litter in the green bin here now I get mine at giant tiger (awesome and cheap compostible bags) at first I didn't realize but you can't use 'biodegradable' in your 'compostable' bin....duh! :headslap: I'm gonna check this site to see if they have anything that'll work for us....those little doggy poop bags don't cut it around here anymore anyhow....7 cats worth of pee and poop can fill one of the kitchen compostables every day here!