Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Puppies (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=35996)

t.pettet January 30th, 2007 10:48 AM

Puppies

Delivered at 7:30 this a.m. 3 female Border Terrier mix pups to my door. Still in p.j.s I answered the door (un-suspecting) and theres this guy with a box of tiny, shivering pups, born Dec. 22/2006, not de-wormed, pathetic whimpering babies. He claims mother (Border Terrier) has been given away, she weaned them at 3 weeks and he can't handle them. Great! Ever thought about spaying? Can't afford that! Anyway they are eating out of a dish so mixed up a puppy food, de-wormed them, layered floor with newspapers and they're in my bathroom, warm, snuggled in a sheep-skin mat and sleeping. Oh my! Am glad he didn't dump them on the side of the road but still, never seen this guy before, didn't get a name (still half asleep) so here we are. My grooming sign does not mean Humane Society but I did have to laugh at the situation later - like a comic strip, just fell out of bed, fuzzy slippers, crazy hair, my 4 dogs barking at my feet, - its a wonder the idiot didn't run screaming down the drive way. They're too young for shots but incredibly they look pretty healthy. Will have to wait and see what the rest of the day brings.

hazelrunpack January 30th, 2007 11:02 AM

I'm glad he waited at least until the pups were semi-weaned! :eek:

What an awful thing to do! Inposing on a stranger for his own mistake. :frustrated: But you're right--at least they weren't left on the roadside...

Good luck with your new brood, t.pettet. You're an :angel: for taking them in!

Frenchy January 30th, 2007 12:40 PM

People suck :mad:

normag January 30th, 2007 01:14 PM

I cant believe anyone could do that, but that was wonderful of you taking them in. god knows we could do with more people like you.

rainbow January 30th, 2007 02:15 PM

I can't believe how anyone could do that either :sad: but at least they are in good hands now. :angel: Good luck and keep us posted. :fingerscr

rainbow January 30th, 2007 02:21 PM

Oh, and I forgot to say......pics please. :D

badger January 30th, 2007 02:35 PM

How wonderful that these puppies found you and, really, kudos to the guy whose conscience wouldn't let him leave them in the snow.
O yes pictures.

erykah1310 January 30th, 2007 02:42 PM

I have to say, atleast he cared enought to not dump them on the side of the road or something...
Your such an angel to take them in :angel:
Cant wait for pics:o havent seen a puppy for a while... :cloud9: puppy breath:cloud9:

Mocha's mum January 30th, 2007 06:17 PM

God bless you for taking those pups in. At least they'll have a chance to find loving homes of their own :love:

Seriously, is irresponsibility and lack of common sense contagious? Should I be wearing a hazmat suit out in public??? [SIZE="1"]Jeez, come on people[/SIZE].....:yell:

t.pettet January 30th, 2007 11:14 PM

puppies

The little ones were shivering so put in a hot water bottle and they slept for 1/2 the day. Some diarrhea with the worms and they're acting quite lethargic but ate well tonight and poop is a little less soft. Wish I had a digital camera so could post pics, very cute (like all pups) but very shy, just sit and stare when I go in their area. How much are digitals? Any suggestions on an uncomplicated, inexpensive make? I was going away this weekend with my 4 but will have to postpone now that the babies are here. Will post updates and I know all of you would have taken them into your home too, what else can a person do!

Prin January 30th, 2007 11:19 PM

Kudos to you for caring for these buggers. It's not too often that little guys who start out like they did end up in a safe place. :grouphug:

Good luck with them.:goodvibes:

CyberKitten January 31st, 2007 12:05 AM

I agree with the other sentiments already expressed - what more can I add except bravo to you being a puppy angel!! I doubt the story about the mom (deceased indeed - they just do not want to care and feed for babies would be my best guess but I could be mistaken). It's unusual for anyone to bring them to go to a groomer but depending on where you live, could well be a life saver for these little guys!! So, he may be a bad guy when it comes to irresponsibility - not spaying mama and not caring for her babies but at least he brought them to a good place.

Good luck!!!!! You will have your work cut out for you but as a groomer, I am sure you have lots of experience with dogs. <g> :angel: :thumbs up