Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet photography - Pet pictures (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Pics of Charlie on his Birthday (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=84204)

LoveCharlie June 26th, 2013 04:06 PM

Pics of Charlie on his Birthday

3 Attachment(s)
[COLOR="Blue"]I haven't visited much lately but wanted to let everyone know that Charlie is doing awesome. He turned 4 years young today and will party like he's 2 :crazy:

Yes, he's spoiled rotten but that's the reason we got him :lovestruck:[/COLOR]

Jull June 26th, 2013 04:19 PM

:party: Happy Birthday Charlie!! Look at all those treats :p

hazelrunpack June 26th, 2013 06:03 PM

Holy catz! What a haul!!! :highfive:

Happy 4th birthday, Charlie, with many happy returns of the day!!!

Barkingdog June 26th, 2013 06:18 PM

What gift did he like the most? He is very handsome , Happy Birthday Charlie!

LoveCharlie June 26th, 2013 06:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[COLOR="Blue"]He's a cocker spaniel so the treats won hands down. But he actually really liked the blue toy too. He usually doesn't get to play with any toys made of fabric because he shreds them in seconds. The only reason I got it for him is because he started swimming last weekend and since he really likes this toy, I will use it to play with him at the lake.

Here's the picture we took of him last Saturday when he decided to show us he could swim. We never forced him to go in the water and it took him 4 years to try it, silly dog :laughing:[/COLOR]

Barkingdog June 26th, 2013 08:25 PM

[QUOTE=LoveCharlie;1059032][COLOR="Blue"]He's a cocker spaniel so the treats won hands down. But he actually really liked the blue toy too. He usually doesn't get to play with any toys made of fabric because he shreds them in seconds. The only reason I got it for him is because he started swimming last weekend and since he really likes this toy, I will use it to play with him at the lake.

Here's the picture we took of him last Saturday when he decided to show us he could swim. We never forced him to go in the water and it took him 4 years to try it, silly dog :laughing:[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

My last dog was a Standard Poodle he did not like the water, and poodles are water dogs. When I threw a ball into the water my dog would wait for another dog to get it. You want to hear something really funny, I knew a duck that would not go into the a kiddie pool and there where3 ducks that loved it. Animals are funny .

LoveCharlie June 26th, 2013 08:33 PM

[QUOTE=Barkingdog;1059033]My last dog was a Standard Poodle he did not like the water, and poodles are water dogs. When I threw a ball into the water my dog would wait for another dog to get it. You want to hear something really funny, I knew a duck that would not go into the a kiddie pool and there where3 ducks that loved it. Animals are funny .[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Blue"]That is actually pretty funny :laughing:

We used to joke and say Charlie wouldn't go in the water because he didn't want to mess up his pretty hair. He'd sit and watch all the other dogs play in the water. He's sometimes put his paws in but never went for a real swim.

Another funny thing is that the little boy on the picture was there with his sister and father. I had never met them before. They gave me a weird look when I said "Let's go play in the water Charlie, go get that ball!". The little boy's name was Charlie!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing: His father had to explain to him what was going on.[/COLOR]

Barkingdog June 26th, 2013 08:56 PM

[QUOTE=LoveCharlie;1059034][COLOR="Blue"]That is actually pretty funny :laughing:

We used to joke and say Charlie wouldn't go in the water because he didn't want to mess up his pretty hair. He'd sit and watch all the other dogs play in the water. He's sometimes put his paws in but never went for a real swim.

Another funny thing is that the little boy on the picture was there with his sister and father. I had never met them before. They gave me a weird look when I said "Let's go play in the water Charlie, go get that ball!". The little boy's name was Charlie!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing: His father had to explain to him what was going on.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

That is very funny!
I was living with my sister and her family and I had a dog named Daffy. My sister's father in law was coming to see us with his new wife and my sister told me NOT to call my dog 'Daffy' as that was the new wife name too. My sister has a daughter who was about 3 yo. My niece came into the living room with a hot dog and her grandfather told her to give the hotdog to Daffy so she walk over to my dog 'Daffy' and her grandfather said " no give it to Daffy, his wife" . My poor niece was getting so confused and I was trying my best not to say my dog name is Daffy too. My sister said the new wife would be upset to know my dog had the same name as her. It was funny.

marko June 27th, 2013 09:47 AM

These are really cute, what a looker he is. Fun angles too.

hazelrunpack June 27th, 2013 10:45 AM

Charlie! You're so brave to go swimming!! None of our dogs have been brave enough to try it! :laughing: But then, setters can be real wusses, not superdogs like Charlie!! :D

CsqU4r3d June 27th, 2013 02:59 PM

Charlie just gets handsomer every year! My Chum loves the water too and can smell it from a mile away!

Dog Dancer June 27th, 2013 03:55 PM

Great Charlie pics. Too sweet.