Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Am I being paranoid (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=9998)

Delirium December 1st, 2004 11:37 AM

Am I being paranoid

Okay, between my two beagles, who granted have a history of medical problems, it seems that I am always at my vet's.

My girl, Sneaky, seems to have this bit of congestion in her chest. Its not the reverse sneeze that beagles do, its something else. Sort of a snorting that happens every now and then. Her nose is cold and she's eating well, however she does have this "i'm sick" look about her. She seems to be a bit thirstier then usual.

I've got a vet appointment booked for 6:15 tomorrow.

I know that no one can give advice without seeing an animal, i'm just wondering if this sounds like anything to you. Dogs get colds I know, how do you usually treat them?

I'm on a friggin first name basis with my vet i'm there so much.

Dee

Lucky Rescue December 1st, 2004 11:48 AM

[QUOTE]I'm on a friggin first name basis with my vet i'm there so much[/QUOTE]
I know what you mean.:(

Cold noses do not indicate health, just as dry or hot noses don't always indicate illness.

Dogs dont' really get colds in the sense that we get them, but they can get respiratory infections which may be treated with antibiotics.

Let us know how your girlie does!

blueeyes3479 December 2nd, 2004 02:20 AM

We had our cat in just the other day, and they questioned whether he has been drinking more fluids, urinating more..(which he is not).....Due to this could be something with the kidneys. If it is they do have special foods to feed your animal.......You could request for them to run a blood test BUN, Creatinine...to verify they are functioning correctly.

Delirium December 2nd, 2004 08:21 PM

I was heh being paranoid. She's fine! Just gained 2lbs. :eek:

*sighs*

I'm a paranoid beagle mom.

Dee

twinmommy December 2nd, 2004 09:37 PM

Better safe than sorry!! You did good!!! :)
It's so refreshing to see someone take off quickly to the vet!! A lot of people seem to post here looking for answers when the poor animal DESPERATELY needs medical attention.

Glad to see that you are not like that!! :thumbs up
and you're not paranoid, by the way, just a loving furbaby mom :D

glad your baby's o.k. too :love:

heeler's rock! December 2nd, 2004 11:56 PM

My bc was showing the same syptoms a few weeks ago, and I also panicked and rushe dher to the vet! :) She was doing the snorting thing and I got really worried. The vet said she probably had something lodged above her soft palate and they could put her under to see and get it out, or we could just wait it out as they'll usually sneeze it out. Well, she must've sneezed it out cuz she's fine now! It's hard not to panick sometimes. Good for you though Delerium! You're a good puppy mommy!! :D

Delirium December 3rd, 2004 09:55 AM

She still sounds like an Oldsmobeagle. My poor little old car trying to start.

Dee