Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE) (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Found Dog- Do not know what bredd (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=36163)

Yanche February 3rd, 2007 02:11 PM

Found Dog- Do not know what bredd

2 Attachment(s)
Please help to know what breed is this dog.
We found him yesterday in Houston.
Any help would be great.
Thank you![ATTACH]21929[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]21930[/ATTACH]

Rottielover February 3rd, 2007 02:14 PM

looks like a pitbull pup, or at least a mix

Hunter's_owner February 3rd, 2007 02:15 PM

Very very cute, no matter the breed:lovestruck:

chico2 February 3rd, 2007 03:37 PM

He is beautiful,looks like PB-Mix,but please don't let that scare you,he looks wonderful and probably is:lovestruck:
Where is he now?? I hope you don't have a stupid ban like we do here in Ontario Canada.:evil:

Dogastrophe February 3rd, 2007 04:09 PM

I agree, he looks like a pittie/pittie mix. Very handsome pup ... I love the ears.

jesse's mommy February 3rd, 2007 04:30 PM

Definitely looks like a pittie mix. As Chico said, please don't be scared. They truly are the best dogs in the world. :cloud9:

chico2 February 3rd, 2007 04:45 PM

I don't know if it's the photo,but his eyes look beautiful kind of bluish/green and they speak louder than words,they say LOVE ME:lovestruck:

chico2 February 3rd, 2007 04:46 PM

Yanche are you there? Are you going to keep this beautiful pup??

jesse's mommy February 3rd, 2007 04:47 PM

[QUOTE=chico2;365739]I don't know if it's the photo,but his eyes look beautiful kind of bluish/green and they speak louder than words,they say LOVE ME:lovestruck:[/QUOTE]

I know that look well :cloud9:

jiorji February 3rd, 2007 04:53 PM

i don't think the user knows how to check up on replies CHico. He's posted another thread on the dog and i posted that this link is getting replies so hopefully he;ll come read

Yanche February 3rd, 2007 05:20 PM

Pittbull

[QUOTE=chico2;365741]Yanche are you there? Are you going to keep this beautiful pup??[/QUOTE]

I hope so.
I don't know too much about this breed and I have a 1 year old chihuhua too.
Thank you for all your advices.
Yanche

badger February 3rd, 2007 06:56 PM

Well, if you do your research on the internet, you'll find alot of negative stuff about pit bulls, most of which is not true, or exaggerated. On the other hand, if you read about them here, you'll find out from people who own pitties that they are sweet and loving companions.
I hope he can stay with you, what an angelic fellow.

we3beagles February 3rd, 2007 09:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Maybe a Catahoula Leopard Dog??

Yanche February 3rd, 2007 09:28 PM

Thanks!

[QUOTE=jiorji;365749]i don't think the user knows how to check up on replies CHico. He's posted another thread on the dog and i posted that this link is getting replies so hopefully he;ll come read[/QUOTE]

Thank you for helping me with this forum.

jiorji February 3rd, 2007 09:49 PM

you're welcome :D

BoxerMom February 3rd, 2007 11:04 PM

AB. Maybe AB/Pit mix. But def. some AB....

rainbow February 3rd, 2007 11:35 PM

I'd say pittie mix....definitely a good looking boy. Are you looking for his owners?

chico2 February 4th, 2007 08:17 AM

Yanche,I forgot to add,since you have a little Chihuahua,I would not leave them together alone, if you leave the house..
Not because the pup is a PBX,but because he's a puppy,bigger and probably more boisterous than the Chi and could easily hurt the smaller dog in play.
Love to see a Chi-pic too:thumbs up

Yanche February 4th, 2007 11:09 AM

Chihuahua

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=chico2;366000]Yanche,I forgot to add,since you have a little Chihuahua,I would not leave them together alone, if you leave the house..
Not because the pup is a PBX,but because he's a puppy,bigger and probably more boisterous than the Chi and could easily hurt the smaller dog in play.
Love to see a Chi-pic too:thumbs up[/QUOTE]

This is Tarzan
Probably for a period of time I just have to play referee.
[ATTACH]21957[/ATTACH]

chico2 February 4th, 2007 11:13 AM

Awww,what a little cutie:lovestruck: great name:D
Yes,you have to be really careful,it does not take much for that little Chi to get hurt,but maybe he is the BIG alpha-dog.:laughing:
Have you got a name for the pup yet?

BoxerMom February 4th, 2007 02:53 PM

[QUOTE=chico2;366000]Yanche,I forgot to add,since you have a little Chihuahua,I would not leave them together alone, if you leave the house..
Love to see a Chi-pic too:thumbs up[/QUOTE]

(coughs) BS:rolleyes: - Teach him to 'be nice'. Pit or not-even if he was a friggin LAB-he needs to be taught! Being American Bulldog (google it-he looks JUST like one!) he has pit cousins (and possibly pit mix in his blood)and will act like a Pit if not taught. ABs (and Pits) can be wonderful pets for wonderful owners. Good luck and don't worry about Tarzan- they will become BEST FRIENDS! There are Pit bashers EVERYWHERE- but all it boils down to is
1) get PLENTY of exersice
2) be a good parent- teach what he needs to be taught

chico2 February 4th, 2007 04:34 PM

Boxermom,you might think it's BS:frustrated: now,I don't even have a dog,but this poster does not know much about this found pup and I would NEVER leave them alone together in the house,until I know and have trained the pup.
They might one day love each other,but for now,better safe than sorry.
A little aggressive playing and the Chi is dead.
And FYI I am definetly not a Pit basher,I would say the same if it was a Poodle.

jiorji February 4th, 2007 04:46 PM

i agree with Chico on the "not leaving them together" at first.

Yes there's pittbull bashers, and there's stories of pitt bulls attacking (just like any other dog) but it all goes down to the owner. Not everyone is ok for a pitt bull. Not everyone is ok as a dog owner for a German shepherd. Not everyone is ok for a Golden, etc. If you don't know how to handle a dog, then bad things could happen. THere's nothing wrong about giving advice before stuff happens, is there?
Not too long ago we had an incident on the board about a new dog being attacked by a resident dog. We hope that never happens again to anyone.

Yanche I mean no offense to you, but you weren't PLANNING on getting a pittbull(or whatever this dog may be). If you're not sure of how to raise him properly so that there's no future aggression or lack of exercise or whatever else, please just find a rescue that will help you find a home for him.
Or do as much research as you can and go to training and learn and learn and learn. Take as much advice as you can. But until you're 100% sure that your CHi and the new dog get along, I say you separate them while they're unatended. THe new pup will mean when when they'll play fight, but chis are small and fragile and a big pup might accidentally hurt it.

anyway, keep us updated:thumbs up

chico2 February 4th, 2007 05:00 PM

Jiorji,thank's that's exactly what I mean,to me it's just common sense,no matter what breed he is,he's still much bigger than the little Chi.

rainbow February 4th, 2007 06:24 PM

I agree with Chico and Jiorji. BTW, Tarzan (love the name) sure is a cutie. :lovestruck:

pitgrrl February 4th, 2007 06:53 PM

[QUOTE=BoxerMom;366223]Being American Bulldog (google it-he looks JUST like one!) he has pit cousins (and possibly pit mix in his blood)and[I] will act like a Pit if not taught.[/I][/QUOTE]

What does that mean? He'll act like an affectionate, energetic, smart, loyal dog.......?

I agree with others who have suggested keeping the dogs seperated when you're not supervising. It can take weeks or months for a dog to really settle into a new home, so go slow. He a total cutie, my guess would be a pit bull or pit bull mix.

happycats February 4th, 2007 07:59 PM

[QUOTE=BoxerMom;366223](coughs) BS:rolleyes: - Teach him to 'be nice'. Pit or not-even if he was a friggin LAB-he needs to be taught! Being American Bulldog (google it-he looks JUST like one!) he has pit cousins (and possibly pit mix in his blood)and will act like a Pit if not taught. ABs (and Pits) can be wonderful pets for wonderful owners. Good luck and don't worry about Tarzan- they will become BEST FRIENDS! There are Pit bashers EVERYWHERE- but all it boils down to is
1) get PLENTY of exersice
2) be a good parent- teach what he needs to be taught[/QUOTE]

I think your being harsh!:mad: Chico is a BIG animal lover (all animals) and I have never known her to "pit-bash"!!! Regardless, even if the dog was a poodle I wouldn't leave a dog I didn't know alone with my Chi! (that's what you call being responsible)!!

~michelle~ February 4th, 2007 08:03 PM

well if you cant find this sweethearts owners then best of luck, just make sure to research if you decide to keep it... your chi is a cutie too:lovestruck:

jiorji February 4th, 2007 08:18 PM

[QUOTE=Yanche;366032]This is Tarzan
Probably for a period of time I just have to play referee.

[/QUOTE]

i forgot to say that Tarzan is the cutest Chi i've ever seen!! And i'm sure he lives up to his name of Tarzan :D ;)

Yanche February 4th, 2007 08:31 PM

Found Dog

[QUOTE=chico2;366033]Awww,what a little cutie:lovestruck: great name:D
Yes,you have to be really careful,it does not take much for that little Chi to get hurt,but maybe he is the BIG alpha-dog.:laughing:
Have you got a name for the pup yet?[/QUOTE]

So far I had flyers with his picture around the area and I send an email to our neighborhood network but no positive answer.
Therefore, we most likely are going to keep him.
As soon is possible I would like to take him to the vet for consultation and vaccines. And I would have them both in some training classes by the end of the month.
I will keep them separate. They are not aware of their sizes. I am letting them play and run only in my presence.
We are going to call him Rocky.