Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Brownie (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=55699)

badger August 21st, 2008 01:34 PM

Brownie

1 Attachment(s)
Brownie has been living outside since at least last November when he turned up in a neighbour's garage and I started feeding him. He now spends his days in adjoining gardens or hanging around under parked cars, waiting for me to emerge with the precious bowls. He always precedes me down the sidewalk, stopping every ten feet to writhe in delight and maybe cop a tummy rub.
Two people contacted me, thinking he was theirs but alas, he wasn't.
It would be so wonderful to find him a better roof than a junk-filled garage open to the elements, before the bad weather sets in again.
Truly, he is the sweetest cat. He is not in the least aggressive, a bit timid, which is a wise thing to be in his current environment ;). Sometimes we sit on the stairs, in perfect communion, while I rub his ears :laughing:
He is neutered and declawed in front. Maybe 2 or 3 years old. Quite a big boy. No fleas (in any case, he was treated with Revolution over the winter, just in case fleas or parasites were lurking).
He would be a purrfect and oh-so-grateful pet.

Frenchy August 21st, 2008 08:37 PM

Badger , this is the guy who was hanging under my car when I went to visit ? He was so mellow :cat: hope he gets adopted soon before it gets too cold :fingerscr

14+kitties August 21st, 2008 09:19 PM

He is a real doll. Looks a lot like my grey tabbies. He would fit right in with them if I lived closer. :fingerscr:goodvibes: for him that someone will take him in.

rainbow August 22nd, 2008 02:22 AM

What a handsome boy he is. :lovestruck: I hope someone can take him in soon since he is declawed. :sad:

Good luck Brownie. :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

badger September 16th, 2008 10:18 AM

[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Blue"]Brownie has a home! [/COLOR][/SIZE]
In July, a group of young guys moved into a rental nearby and it happened to be right next to the place where I feed Brownie, under a staircase. They seemed to be really nice people, friendly and industrious, painting and gardening. So one day they were sitting on the porch while I was putting out the food and I asked them if they minded if Brownie ate there (no problem) and of course I told them he was homeless since last year and if they ever felt like having a resident cat, he would be a perfect candidate :). A few weeks later, a bowl of dry food appeared next to mine...hmmm....and then last week Brownie turned up wearing a flea collar. He still goes on my nightly rounds with me but hasn't been as ravenous lately.

So when I saw one of the guys outside yesterday, I asked if it was him (or one of his friends) who had collared Brownie and he said yes, they now consider him theirs, although still free to come and go. At that precise moment, Brownie appeared from inside the house and I almost cried.

With all the disappearances lately :sad:, it's good to know that Brownie will have a comfortable winter instead of crouching in a cold garage all day, and people to rub his tummy when he needs it. I'm sure they will do right by him.

BenMax September 16th, 2008 10:36 AM

BADGER - CONGRATS!!

A happy ending! You are his angel!

Chris21711 September 16th, 2008 10:51 AM

:thumbs up Badger and thanks for all you do for these little guys.

Love4himies September 16th, 2008 11:13 AM

Another happy ending :thumbs up Thanks for letting us know, badger.

Frenchy September 16th, 2008 11:26 AM

Yipeeeee for Brownie ! thanks to you Badger , another homeless kitty has a family now ! :highfive:

badger October 5th, 2008 12:30 PM

I don't know who is happier - Brownie or I - about his new situation. When he doesn't come on my nightly rounds with me, I know he is safe and warm.
But I still see him regularly, slinking in among the parked cars, shadowing me, accepting a little canned food. For some reason, he's taken a shine to Wheezy and Wheezy to him. Their relationship does not include touching, as far as I can tell. Two oddballs in love :laughing:

hazelrunpack October 5th, 2008 01:32 PM

Aw, Badger, I missed the update! What great news! :highfive: Sounds like he's found his place! :grouphug:

rainbow October 5th, 2008 03:22 PM

I missed the update too :o and I love the happy ending. :cloud9: :thumbs up

chico2 October 5th, 2008 04:36 PM

Badger,I am sooo happy for Brownie and for you,you don't have to worry about him being outside in the cold this winter,good stuff:thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper October 5th, 2008 11:32 PM

Great news for Brownie :thumbs up