Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Rescue (Adopt) a dog - listings (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Montreal - Chihuahua for Adoption (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=76685)

SOS MIOW April 27th, 2011 04:39 PM

Montreal - Chihuahua for Adoption

2 Attachment(s)
This is Quito - a 7 month old long-coat chihuahua that weighs only 5 lbs. He is a little shy, having grown up at a breeder's home and not socialized a lot with outsiders. However, once he gets to know you, he warms up and looks to be part of your family. He does very well with other small dogs and shows no interest in cats. Quito is paper-trained and clean in the house. As he is not used to children, an adult household or one without youngsters would be best. Quito is neutered and up-to-date on all shots. Adoption fee $350

BenMax April 28th, 2011 05:39 AM

Adorable. Best of luck in finding that special forever home.

chico2 April 28th, 2011 08:40 AM

What a little sweetheart,beautiful coloring:lovestruck:
I am sure he'll find a home quickly:pray:

SOS MIOW April 28th, 2011 09:11 AM

If you know of a group that will take a courtesy listing in the Montreal area, let me know. Otherwise, I only have word-of-mouth to get this little guy a home.

Chris21711 April 28th, 2011 12:46 PM

This little guy would go in a heartbeat in Ontario...do you have no way of getting a rescue in Ontario to take him?

SOS MIOW April 28th, 2011 02:55 PM

Ontario Rescues

Any Ontario rescues out there that can cross-post or give me a courtesy listing on their site(s)?

Chris21711 April 28th, 2011 05:16 PM

I contacted a couple of rescues, hopefully will hear from them by tomorrow.

BenMax might be able to help you in posting a courtesy listing/cross post.

SOS MIOW April 28th, 2011 05:59 PM

Part of the adoption fee goes towards the neutering/vetting of the little fellow which has already been done and $100 will go towards a registered charitable animal rescue group of my choice (absolutely no "profit" is made in rehoming this or other little chi's that may come my way).

The breeder (who breeds top quality companion-only chihuahuas) has a few dogs that I will be getting to rehome occasionally (retired 2-3 yr old retired mothers and teens that are too old for the nursery), and she is mostly concerned that they go into loving forever homes. These dogs have been well cared for.

Before the rumour mill starts buzzing and condemnations fly, I am not in any way associated with a breeder, but I have a very soft spot for chi's and offered to help her rehome the ones that need rehoming. Some have already been "adopted" through other rescues, but the breeder likes the way I socialize them and prepare them for a new home.

Normally, I recommend adopting from rescues, but if a pure-bred is what a person wants, there are some reputable companion animal breeders out there (although they are few and far between). These chi's deserve a chance as much as the next little dog out there.

Any rescues out there that can help with a courtesy listing would be most appreciated (if you are a registered charity, the $100 would be donated to your cause).

:fingerscr

Melinda April 29th, 2011 06:33 AM

I think you're doing a wonderful job SOS

BenMax April 29th, 2011 06:47 AM

Did you try the chi rescue in Ontario? Excellent organization.

SOS MIOW April 29th, 2011 08:26 AM

I am actually a member of the CCRT and will contact them this weekend.

SOS MIOW April 29th, 2011 08:27 AM

I should change my name to SOS CHI :thumbs up

BenMax April 29th, 2011 08:44 AM

[QUOTE=SOS MIOW;1007019]I am actually a member of the CCRT and will contact them this weekend.[/QUOTE]

That is great!:thumbs up

SOS MIOW May 29th, 2011 12:33 AM

Adopted

Quito was adopted today by a lovely family from Chambly, QC. He now has 2 brothers (a yorkie and another chihuahua) and 2 feline siblings, along with a human family of 4 adults who will surely spoil him.

:thumbs up

BenMax May 29th, 2011 05:55 AM

That is great news!:thumbs up

hazelrunpack May 29th, 2011 08:49 AM

Hurrah! :highfive: Great job, SOS!!