Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Bulletin board tips (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Standard Info ~ Just the Facts Ma'am (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=42280)

mummummum July 6th, 2007 09:20 PM

Standard Info ~ Just the Facts Ma'am

I would like mandatory [I](hear me out you rabid civil libertarians :D .....) [/I]standard information in our public profile. Type, breed(s) <as appropriate----> I don't think one can get mixed breed fish eh ? :laughing: )> gender, age, name of animal.

I think t would make it far easier to answer posted questions particularly health and training specific questions and there would be fewer back & forths for interview / detail type questions if we had the basic info easily accessible.

pags July 6th, 2007 09:34 PM

I think it's a good idea, mum. I mean I know mine isn't exactly detailed.. but if the form had called for it I would have been able to enter all the info. I wonder if it's possible to add fields to the profile form?

hazelrunpack July 6th, 2007 10:20 PM

Holy crap, MMM! I'd need a [I]lot[/I] bigger space! :eek: :laughing:

Lukka'sma July 6th, 2007 10:28 PM

I like the idea

mummummum July 7th, 2007 01:31 AM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;448304]Holy crap, MMM! I'd need a [I]lot[/I] bigger space! :eek: :laughing:[/QUOTE]

Stop yer whingeing woman ! What yer really concerned about is trying to find in a hurry where in h%ll's dairnation you actually put everybodies papers !

mummummum July 7th, 2007 01:32 AM

[QUOTE=pags;448249]I think it's a good idea, mum....I wonder if it's possible to add fields to the profile form?[/QUOTE]

That's the ticket pags!

marko July 7th, 2007 11:53 PM

We think it's a good idea too. Thanks mummummum!

and yes we can add fields to the profile form - thx pags.

How about members throw out some fields that they'd like to see added and we'll add a few of them in?

Thanks! :)

Marko

mummummum July 9th, 2007 06:50 PM

Well, I would like it the profiles to be pet specific as well ie.

Ceili (name), female (gender) 7 yrs (age), Mixed breed Dog (Type), Bernese- Belgian- Golden Retirever (Breed(s) and Special Health Notes: any specific diagnoses and Other Notes: diet, specialized training achieved

:2cents:

sugarcatmom July 9th, 2007 07:52 PM

Fabulous idea! Can't think of anything beyond the categories mummummum has mentioned, those sound good to me.

marko July 11th, 2007 04:46 PM

Ok - effective immediately we've added 2 new profile fields and made some small modifications.

Users can see and edit their own information by clicking Edit Profile from their user CP (1st link in the top blue navbar)

Here's how it looks in my profile:
[B]Biography:[/B] - Big time animal lover
[B]Location:[/B] - Montreal Quebec Canada
[B]Interests:[/B] - photography, guitar, SPCA volunteer
[B]Occupation:[/B] - ADMIN of Pets.ca - Photography
[B]Names and type of pet(s):[/B] -1 cat - Ziglet but Zak who passed recently is still in my heart
[B]Age(s) and gender(s) of your pets:[/B] - Ziglet is 15 years old
[B]Special health notes:[/B] - Ziglet is a bit dandruffy

It's still not too late for additional suggestions, comments or opinions on these fields.

Thanks as always for your suggestions :thumbs up
Marko

jesse's mommy July 11th, 2007 04:54 PM

Woo Hoo! I updated my profile except I couldn't think of any 'details about yourself' because I'm a rather boring person. :o