Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE) (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Found male dog in Oshawa (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=73957)

happycats December 7th, 2010 07:03 PM

Dog in Oshawa (reunited with owner)

1 Attachment(s)
My neighbour found this cute male black and white JRT, he was really cold running around outside (on Vancouver Ave). Oshawa/Whity border.

call (905)723-3488

rainbow December 7th, 2010 07:22 PM

Poor little guy .....I gather that there is no tag on that collar or no tattoo. :( Is your neighbour going to take him to the vet to see if he's chipped?

Hopefully someone is looking for him and he's reunited soon. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

happycats December 7th, 2010 07:29 PM

URRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG

Why don't people listen!!?? My neighbour just took him to the pound!!:mad: I TOLD my neighbour that if they couldn't keep him, to let me know and I would keep him until the owner is found......I was searching online while my husband and son are driving all over the neighbourhood knocking on doors looking for his home:(

I didn't want this poor scared dog going to the pound! He looks old, and if he's not cliamed in 3 days............:cry:

If the owner sees this, please call Oshawa Animal Services at (905)723-3488.
Now I'll send the next 3 days wondering about this poor dogs fate!

happycats December 7th, 2010 07:30 PM

[QUOTE=rainbow;970011]Poor little guy .....I gather that there is no tag on that collar or no tattoo. :( Is your neighbour going to take him to the vet to see if he's chipped?

Hopefully someone is looking for him and he's reunited soon. :fingerscr :goodvibes:[/QUOTE]

My next step was to take him to the 24hr vet to see if he was chipped......BUT, as you can see from my last post, he's gone :(

rainbow December 7th, 2010 07:40 PM

[QUOTE=happycats;970017]URRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG

Why don't people listen!!?? My neighbour just took him to the pound!!:mad: I TOLD my neighbour that if they couldn't keep him, to let me know and I would keep him until the owner is found......I was searching online while my husband and son are driving all over the neighbourhood knocking on doors looking for his home:(

I didn't want this poor scared dog going to the pound! He looks old, and if he's not cliamed in 3 days............:cry:

If the owner sees this, please call Oshawa Animal Services at (905)723-3488.
Now I'll send the next 3 days wondering about this poor dogs fate![/QUOTE]

:wall: :(

Can you go to the pound and tell them you'll take him if he's not claimed? Hopefully you will have found his owner by then. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

happycats December 7th, 2010 07:46 PM

[QUOTE=rainbow;970032]:wall: :(

Can you go to the pound and tell them you'll take him if he's not claimed? Hopefully you will have found his owner by then. :fingerscr :goodvibes:[/QUOTE]

I will be contacting them in the morning, to let them know I don't want him put down!

rainbow December 7th, 2010 07:54 PM

[QUOTE=happycats;970038]I will be contacting them in the morning, to let them know I don't want him put down![/QUOTE]

:thumbs up :grouphug:

Good luck ......I hope this has a happy ending. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

happycats December 7th, 2010 08:07 PM

[QUOTE=rainbow;970041]:thumbs up :grouphug:

Good luck ......I hope this has a happy ending. :fingerscr :goodvibes:[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much.........and I hope so too :)

shirley1011 December 7th, 2010 08:28 PM

same thing happened up here on the weekend...friends found a dog took it in...neighbours 4 doors down owned it but didn't do anything until 24 hours later........just waiting for the dog to come home!!!!
I'm surprised Animal Control picked up after hours!

happycats December 7th, 2010 08:46 PM

[QUOTE=shirley1011;970048]same thing happened up here on the weekend...friends found a dog took it in...neighbours 4 doors down owned it but didn't do anything until 24 hours later........just waiting for the dog to come home!!!!
I'm surprised Animal Control picked up after hours![/QUOTE]

I'm surprised too, because I called there and there was no answer (you could only leave a message) Maybe because it's so cold they pick them up right away :shrug:

chico2 December 8th, 2010 09:14 AM

Happycats,I :pray:there is a happy ending for this little guy:pray:
Some people just don't get it,or don't care..thank you for caring:grouphug:

happycats December 8th, 2010 08:39 PM

"Lucy" (yup) it's a female :rolleyes: found her way home!!!:cloud9:
Owner had posted signs and posters everywhere, DH told her where her sweet Lucy was.
I'm so happy!!!
She is an old girl and didn't need this stress, but I'm so happy she's home now :)

sassylemon December 8th, 2010 08:49 PM

:clap: I am so glad Lucy found her way home!:thumbs up

Love4himies December 9th, 2010 08:04 AM

Yay!!! :thumbs up :highfive:

chico2 December 9th, 2010 08:58 AM

:thumbs upgreat news!! Thank's HC:grouphug:

14+kitties December 9th, 2010 09:15 AM

Wonderful news!! Thank you for caring so much!! :highfive:

happycats December 9th, 2010 07:49 PM

Thanks everyone for the good vibes, I'm sure that helped Lucy find her way home :grouphug: