Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Recipes for humans (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Cheese cake (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=54573)

allymack July 20th, 2008 10:04 AM

Cheese cake

Sooo... i know somebody here must have a good recipe for cheese cake..:D hmm, i dont want any thing with fruit in it though .. prehaps chocolate :D

if you have any ideas that arent too much trouble to make it would be greatly appreicated..by me, since i will end up eating it all :o

hazelrunpack July 20th, 2008 10:16 AM

[img]http://www.smileycons.com/img/emotions/91.gif[/img] hazel and madame hazel volunteer to help taste-test! :cloud9:

Frenchy July 20th, 2008 11:51 AM

[QUOTE=allymack;625524]Sooo... i know somebody here must have a good recipe for cheese cake..:D [/QUOTE]

Here's mine :

1. Get into your car
2. Drive to the nearest grocery store
3. Go to the freezer section
4. Pick a flavour
5. Go back home
6. Pig out

:thumbs up

14+kitties July 20th, 2008 11:54 AM

:[QUOTE=Frenchy;625568]Here's mine :

1. Get into your car
4. Pick a flavour
5. Go back home
6. Pig out

:thumbs up[/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

You are a goof!!

14+kitties July 20th, 2008 12:00 PM

Chocolate Lover's Cheesecake

2 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
4 squares semi sweet baking chocolate, melted, slightly cooled.
1 Oreo pie crust

Preheat oven to 325. Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl with mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, mix just until blended. Stir in melted chocolate. Pour into crust.

Bake 40 minutes or until centre is almost set. Cool

Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Store leftovers (yeah, right!) in fridge.

Easy!!!! And ohhhh, sooo good!!

Frenchy July 20th, 2008 12:01 PM

[QUOTE=14+kitties;625577]

Easy!!!! [/QUOTE]

I still like mine better :cool:

I'm no good in a kitchen but I do like to eat :D

14+kitties July 20th, 2008 12:05 PM

I only bake once a year. At Christmas. But that is one recipe I have been making for the last few years. I love it!!! I have to use the graham wafer crust because my daughter is allergic to coconut and the oreo shell has coconut but it's still good!!

allymack July 20th, 2008 12:47 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;625532][img]http://www.smileycons.com/img/emotions/91.gif[/img] hazel and madame hazel volunteer to help taste-test! :cloud9:[/QUOTE]

Gee how nice of them :rolleyes:..:D

[QUOTE=Frenchy;625568]Here's mine :

1. Get into your car
4. Pick a flavour
5. Go back home
6. Pig out

:thumbs up[/QUOTE]

Knowing me it might end up being that! :o

[QUOTE=14+kitties;625577]Chocolate Lover's Cheesecake

2 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
4 squares semi sweet baking chocolate, melted, slightly cooled.
1 Oreo pie crust

Preheat oven to 325. Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl with mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, mix just until blended. Stir in melted chocolate. Pour into crust.

Bake 40 minutes or until centre is almost set. Cool

Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Store leftovers (yeah, right!) in fridge.

Easy!!!! And ohhhh, sooo good!![/QUOTE]

yah right,..like there will be left overs to store in the fridge! hmm, that actually doesnt sounds too hard..i tihnk i will have to pic up some of those ingredients tomorrow :D

Thanks all...if you have any more..post them pleasee :D

14+kitties July 20th, 2008 12:51 PM

Check out [url]www.kraftfoods.com[/url]

This recipe came from there. They have tons of great recipes!!!

Chaser July 20th, 2008 01:06 PM

[QUOTE=14+kitties;625589]Check out [url]www.kraftfoods.com[/url]

This recipe came from there. They have tons of great recipes!!![/QUOTE]

I agree - I've made quite a lot of stuff from the Kraft website. But I'm still prone to [B]Frenchy's[/B] method more often than not :D :laughing:

allymack July 20th, 2008 01:09 PM

jeepers! are you trying to fatten me that much?! haha, just kidding, but i sure am going to be trying alot of those recipes on there. I will let you guys know how they turn out :D i will do all the taste testing my self to ensure the best results. Althoguh if hazel wants to bring all 8 of her dogs up here, she is welcome to join :D...as is anyone..who brings a furry :D

Frenchy July 20th, 2008 03:25 PM

[QUOTE=allymack;625592]jeepers! are you trying to fatten me that much?! [/QUOTE]

Cheesecake is NOT fattening , that was an urban legend. :frustrated:

allymack July 20th, 2008 04:20 PM

:eek: really Frenchy! and to think, all of these years i havent been eating as much of it as i could have been, because i was worried it was too fattening:rolleyes::laughing:

hazelrunpack July 21st, 2008 10:32 AM

[QUOTE=Frenchy;625644]Cheesecake is NOT fattening , that was an urban legend. :frustrated:[/QUOTE]

omg, what a relief! :laughing:

Okay, ally, we'll be there as soon as we can find a vehicle large enough to carry everyone comfortably on a long trip... :thumbs up :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog:

katherine93 July 21st, 2008 11:59 AM

[QUOTE=Frenchy;625644]Cheesecake is NOT fattening , that was an urban legend. :frustrated:[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Cause' I seriously dont know if your joking or not. And I think i may be having a blonde moment? :sad: Life as a blonde, is never as fun as it looks. lol

Frenchy July 21st, 2008 12:01 PM

[QUOTE=katherine93;625962]Seriously? Cause' I seriously dont know if your joking or not. And I think i may be having a blonde moment? :sad: Life as a blonde, is never as fun as it looks. lol[/QUOTE]

It is fattening Kat :laughing: but that shouldn't stop anyone because cheesecake is much too dreamy :cloud9:

allymack July 21st, 2008 07:20 PM

I agree with [B]Frenchy [/B] on that one.

I didnt get out to the store to get the ingredients today, bcause we pretty much had terenchal down pour today and the bit of time it wasnt raining, Enzo and i got in a quick walk. So i am hoping that before tomorrow i can get everything before the tropical storm we are supposed to get.

jessi76 July 21st, 2008 08:18 PM

my recipe... handed down from my mom.... for mini-cheesecakes.

filling:
1 8oz package cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg

Beat the above ingredients until fluffy.

crust:
1 cup finely smashed up honey graham crackers
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup melted butter

mix well.

using a tart-tin, or muffin tin, put paper liners in the cup holders.

spoon the crust mixture into each... firmly press the crust mixture into the bottoms of each paper cup. I cover my finger w/ a dry paper towel, and press, so it makes a "solid" bottom crust. spoon the filling mixture into each cup - don't overfill!

bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.

Top with a spoon full of pie topping. (I use cherry pie filling to top mine). Cool the mini-cheesecakes first before topping w/ fruit.

allymack July 21st, 2008 09:00 PM

Thanks Jessi! sounds really good, now i have another one to make :D

hazelrunpack July 21st, 2008 10:11 PM

Oooooo....and hazel has another one to taste-test! [img]http://bestsmileys.com/bouncing/6.gif[/img] Yummy!!!!! :cloud9: