Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Dog food forum (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Acana Pacifica (Grain Free) Feedback/Comments Like? Dislike? (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=76238)

Brandon W April 3rd, 2011 06:47 PM

Acana Pacifica (Grain Free) Feedback/Comments Like? Dislike?

Ive just changed my dogs food to Acana Pacifica Grain Free,so far they love it. Im looking for feedback from anyone using this food,or that has used it. The pros and cons that they had/have. Im interested in more info about it. I did as much research I could online about it,thats just hard info. Im looking for testimonials and experiences with it more from an owners point of view.

Marty11 April 3rd, 2011 07:34 PM

I am really happy with this food. My two terriers have been on this food for awhile now. Little bit of the soft stool in the beginning but all is well now.:thumbs up

Brandon W April 3rd, 2011 07:49 PM

yeah,as expected with such a high protien diet. Mine are not on it 100% yet im at about 2/3 old 1/3 new. But they go nuts when its dinner time. Never had them this excited before with their dinner lol. Im very impressed with the standards and quality that Champion Stresses. I might be changing them to the diet that has chicken in it once they get used to this,and I can rule out that chicken is a cause of my labs allergies. We are almost sure it is the grain he is not reacting well to. The chicken is not as expensive as fish, and lamb.

reanne April 4th, 2011 01:38 AM

I had both of my dogs on it, but I think my female has developed a fish allergy, which is too bad. My male is doing excellently on the food. He has had no issues. I don't do the gradual changeover, I just switch my dogs cold turkey when I change food, but they are Ridgebacks and tend to have "guts of steel".
I love that Acana is completely Canadian.

Marty11 April 4th, 2011 10:08 AM

Acana has a new flavour - Bison and Lamb :thumbs up

mummummum April 4th, 2011 10:09 AM

Has it been released in Onscario Marty? :pray:

Marty11 April 4th, 2011 10:16 AM

I saw it on the weekend at "Global"

mummummum April 4th, 2011 10:18 AM

Okay! I'll have to look for it (and a Global...:rolleyes:) ~ have you tried it?

Marty11 April 4th, 2011 10:23 AM

Its the next bag I buy, I rotate the flavours.

krdahmer April 4th, 2011 11:58 AM

I love the Acana:thumbs up...the kitties have been on it almost 2 years now and I've been switching Venus over to the dog version as well (ths had her on science diet)...I use the Grasslands one for them all. The kitties get canned wellness too, and once I get Venus all switched over to grain free I'll get her some canned too.

Brandon W April 4th, 2011 12:21 PM

Wow there is a Global in your end of Ontario too. I didnt think they were that bi of a chain. Bison and lamb,sounds yummy. This flavor would prolly be the more $$ one. Lamb and Bison are not cheap. Im gonna have some decision making to do when im going to change the bag. Either way i think that the other protiens other then chicken will always cost more. And yes i loveee that Acana is Canadian.

VORTEX September 9th, 2011 01:21 AM

My choco lab used to eat Orijen 6 fish but for money reason I shifted it to Acana Pacifica (grain free). My confidence to this new food is equally the same as I was feeding her 6 fish because they are both come from the same manufacturer. Though Acana Pacifica is a little lower in protein content but for me this is also one of the best dog foods in the market.

I am using this food for two weeks now and there's a noticeable effect I have observed. My lab has much lesser hair fall compared to the previous food I had given her. Of course different effect vary from one dog to another so I can't say that this true to some dogs. But I am happier now.

Afterall, these two dog foods are worth the money.

binkybuff September 9th, 2011 11:51 PM

When I first got my Nikki, she had such a sensitive stomach, that no foods suited her, however, I was given some Accana to try, and she was fine. She had it for over 5 years.

The 2 cats are on it, one for 7 years, the other 1 year, and both are doing well. My older cat won't eat anything but it.

Coats are glossy, eyes nice and clear, on and on.

I am well pleased, and several of my family members also use it for their animals, and are pleased.

take care
binky