Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum for cats and dogs (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Information about the Regina area (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=84461)

abmacdon August 21st, 2013 05:11 PM

Information about the Regina area

I've recently relocated from Edmonton, which has many off leash parks and swimming areas for dogs, to Regina. Here there is one off leash park and they ask owners to keep dogs out of the water. Does anyone know of a place near Regina that allows dogs to swim? Other suggestions for things to do with dogs in the area would be appreciated as well. I have 4 (1 fairly large, 3 small) who love to get out and explore new things but I can't manage them all together on leash.:shrug:

Jull August 21st, 2013 05:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi abmacdon! I live in Regina too :)

Here is a picture of the offleash parks here in the city, now, I have to tell you I don't know if any of them has water to swim in, my 2 little guys are tiny and the yard and their daily walks are good enough for them, and I gotta say I am very overprotective with them lol, so taking them to puppy park is just not something I am too comfortable with, though I am sure they would love it, they go nuts when they are around other dogs.

[ATTACH]79807[/ATTACH]

abmacdon August 21st, 2013 05:44 PM

Thanks but ...

I've already looked at all the information the city provides, including this map and the accompanying details. There is only one real park, which is the one I referred to in my initial post. The rest are outdoor skating rinks that are converted for dog use in the summer. That's not really the kind of place I'm hoping to find. Thanks anyway.

Jull August 22nd, 2013 09:01 AM

oh well, I tried :) ... Regina is very small as you know, so there is not a ton of stuff here, unfortunately. :shrug:

Loki Love August 22nd, 2013 11:03 AM

Giving that we are looking to relocate to Regina, this is something that I've already started looking into. I didn't realize dogs weren't supposed to go in the water at the one dog park - I wonder why..

In any case - if you can drive a wee bit outside of Regina, there are the White Butte Trails. Apparently people are walking their dogs off leash in that area (I'm more of a trails, off leash kind of dog person as opposed to dog parks with strange dogs ;) )

If you do go check it out, I would LOVE to hear some feedback :)

Jull August 22nd, 2013 11:13 AM

[QUOTE=Loki Love;1060961]Giving that we are looking to relocate to Regina, this is something that I've already started looking into. I didn't realize dogs weren't supposed to go in the water at the one dog park - I wonder why..

In any case - if you can drive a wee bit outside of Regina, there are the White Butte Trails. Apparently people are walking their dogs off leash in that area (I'm more of a trails, off leash kind of dog person as opposed to dog parks with strange dogs ;) )

If you do go check it out, I would LOVE to hear some feedback :)[/QUOTE]

:eek: LL you are moving to these parts as well!? but Quebec is so beautiful!.. and here, well is very flat :laugh:

Loki Love August 22nd, 2013 11:16 AM

[QUOTE=Jull;1060962]:eek: LL you are moving to these parts as well!? but Quebec is so beautiful!.. and here, well is very flat :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Haha.. I grew up in Regina (moved away in 1997). Quebec is beautiful, but my family is still all out that way. I think it's time to head home :)

Jull August 22nd, 2013 11:19 AM

[QUOTE=Loki Love;1060963]Haha.. I grew up in Regina (moved away in 1997). Quebec is beautiful, but my family is still all out that way. I think it's time to head home :)[/QUOTE]

Aaaaah well in that case :thumbs up I always find it funny how I see many people that just don't like it here, they move away and they always come back, not saying that is your case, but just saying that this is almost like a black hole that you always end up going back to :D.

pattymac August 22nd, 2013 06:09 PM

The dog park with the creek in it in Regina is actually quite big. We found it on our move west and stopped there to give Bayley a chance to stretch her legs and play for a bit. I think she went for a quick splash in the creek. Could be if there's ducks nesting they don't want the dogs disturbing the ducks.

abmacdon September 9th, 2013 12:39 AM

I only had the dogs with me for two days but hope to have them all here permanently soon. We went near the boat launch at Wascana Lake and they did a bit of swimming there. When I get them with me I'll definitely check out those trails, thanks.