Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet photography - Pet pictures (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Thinking about leaving a pet in a vehicle? (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=77347)

Gail P June 9th, 2011 02:06 PM

Thinking about leaving a pet in a vehicle?

1 Attachment(s)
Think again! Would be nice to have this printed to give to people who leave their pets in parked cars in the heat. This picture of the thermometer in her truck was posted on facebook by a friend in NH.

breeze June 9th, 2011 02:11 PM

there is so many around here :mad: I would love to glue this to their windshield!!!

all you have to do is go into parking lots to see the dogs in the car waiting for their owner :frustrated:

chico2 June 9th, 2011 04:07 PM

I think if you see a dog in discomfort,pick up the phone and call the police,on a hot summer-day dogs should stay home,if you are going shopping.

Shaykeija June 9th, 2011 04:54 PM

I have no problem breaking a window to get the pet out. I did this a few years ago, the police did not charge me but they did charge the moron who left their yorkie in the car...

hazelrunpack June 9th, 2011 05:26 PM

I've called the police about animals in vehicles a number of times and the authorities were very quick to respond. I don't think I've ever waited more than 5 minutes for a response about an animal in a car on a hot day--and mall security is usually there right away if it's in one of their lots. :thumbs up At least the police know how dangerous it can be, even though some :loser: owners don't seem to be able to get it through their heads. :frustrated:

Longblades June 9th, 2011 06:48 PM

Too bad nobody saw the mentally handicapped man left strapped in a hot vehicle for three hours the other day. It's been on the news. He's ok.

doggy lover June 10th, 2011 02:49 PM

I think god forgot to hand out brains to some people...:shrug:

Dog Dancer June 10th, 2011 03:13 PM

Longblades, how terrible! Thank God the man was okay! People can be such morons sometimes. As you mostly know Shadow has bad SA and can't be left home alone. This presents some HUGE obsticles in the summer heat to say the least. We shop alot at Costco near us because they have an underground lot so I can leave the car in the shade inside. Other than that, DH and I argue alot about why I won't go out to the flea markets and such with him, but I simply won't leave the dogs in the car. If it's more than 5 minutes it's out of the question, and even then I'm in panic mode! I do leave them outside in our back yard if I have to go somewhere in the heat, and fortunately the neighbours all love them so nobody complains when they bark their discontent. :D. Even at that though, it's not more than an hour alone in the yard (which is securely fenced).

cell June 11th, 2011 10:46 AM

There are still people who leave kids in their cars, people like this have a lack of common sense is pretty outstanding

Longblades June 11th, 2011 04:45 PM

I guess nobody else heard about the man but it is even more frightening because the people who left him were paid caregivers at a nursing home he lived in. On TV it said they had a medical emergency with another person in the wheel trans type vehicle and in the rush to look after that one forgot about the other. As you can imagine the parents are extremely upset. I think he is 24.