Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Trying to locate old post (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=26625)

badger May 10th, 2006 01:22 AM

Trying to locate old post

I'm looking for an old post, probably from early this year or late last year, about a stray that hung around after it was abandoned and was eventually brought in by the poster (I think) but unfortunately died because it was so malnourished and sick. It was very graphic, very angry, addressed to the people who had left it behind. I believe the poster was from Montreal.

Does anyone remember? I'd like to see (with permission, of course) if the papers would print it in time for July 1, which is 'moving without your pets' day here.

cpietra16 May 10th, 2006 06:52 AM

I think it was in Pointe Claire...I remember. I thought it was posted bySOSmiow...Meet July ( not for the squeemish..) I just did a search for Pointe Claire and found it...I think thats the one you want

chico2 May 10th, 2006 07:08 AM

Badger,that is a great idea,hopefully the paper will print it and maybe tug at the heartstrings of a potential dumper,if they have a heart.

happycats May 10th, 2006 07:45 AM

I remember this one!! horrible!:mad: I think cpietra is right, here is the post [url]http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=17407&highlight=pointe+claire[/url]

Hope it make front page!! People need to know what happens to their pets when they move without them!

badger May 10th, 2006 09:11 AM

Thanks everyone. It made me cry all over again. I'm hell-bent on this project. If anyone has any ideas or contacts, especially in the freeby press (Voir, Mirror), I would be happy to have them.

Not to make any comparisons here (god no), but LET'S ROLL!!

chico2 May 10th, 2006 03:33 PM

Badger,I was too chicken to look at her pics when it was posted,but now I did and the tears are flowing freely:sad:
What a sad,sad little girl and her story definetly needs to be told,before others like her will be abandonned and left to starve,good luck getting July's story out:fingerscr
Maybe some heartless person will take notice.
Shelters must be concerned,maybe you can get some help getting poor July's story published from them.

Mahealani770 July 28th, 2006 10:07 AM

Crying at work...ugh....what a terrible story. Poor little July:sad:
I hope that b****** who left her for dead rots in hell!!

I wonder whatever happened to SOSMIOW? I've been here 6 months and never seen a post from her. I hope she's doing well and saving lots of lives:fingerscr

Also, what's the deal with people moving on July 1st? I've seen several posts referencing this but I don't understand what it's about:confused:

Prin July 28th, 2006 11:50 AM

In Quebec, the leases end July 1st, so everybody moves at the same time. It's moving day. All the pets seem to get left behind. :sad:

I think SOS is taking a long break...

poodletalk July 28th, 2006 12:15 PM

SOS Miow merged with Steri-Animal for awhile.

Mahealani770 July 28th, 2006 12:21 PM

July 1

Wow..are you telling me that everyone living in a city (Quebec), has the same lease where each year it expires in July??? I can't seem to wrap my mind around that one:confused:
So, what if you move in during the month of June? I'm sorry, but I'm feeling really confused and a little slow right now trying to understand this..lol
Here in the states, you can move whenever you want and you can sign a month to month, 6 month or 12 month lease. I can't imagine someone dictating to me when I have to move!:shrug:

Prin July 28th, 2006 01:01 PM

You can have a different lease date or length, but the overwhelming majority of renters all move on the same day. It's just easiest to find an apartment that is vacant July 1. If you move before that, usually the next person sublets till July 1.