Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum for cats and dogs (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Your Cats Favorite toys (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=64996)

Tundra_Queen August 18th, 2009 06:54 PM

Your Cats Favorite toys

Hi

I'm finally getting a chance to go out of town to the nearest city 2 hrs away. I'm going to be shopping for kitty toys and I'd like to know some of your cats favorites toys!

Debbie

heart433 August 18th, 2009 07:07 PM

The removable pull ring of a YOP drink container.
Plain old string.
A well-crumpled ball of paper.

The beautiful (and exasperating) thing about cats is that they usually like to play with household items instead of the $8 pink catnip-filled mouse that you thought you looked tempting.

dmc123 August 18th, 2009 07:18 PM

Mine love the little (life size) stuffed mice. And the laser light, oh my!

Diane

Chaser August 18th, 2009 08:19 PM

Rupert has a plastic ring with a plastic ball in it that he loves.....and his Kong Wubba :)

allfurlove August 18th, 2009 08:24 PM

My guys love hangy toys with feathers :crazy:

TacoGrl August 18th, 2009 09:00 PM

My two like anything mom calls "Don't play with that!!!" or "Give me that, you'll choke!!!"

Seriously though...they like...

small mice
feathers
string (thick like a drawstring)
empty toilet paper rolls (not really obught in a store though :o)
pretty much anything I jiggle around in front of them :)

Tundra_Queen August 19th, 2009 12:45 AM

[QUOTE=Chase_Mom;815928]Rupert has a plastic ring with a plastic ball in it that he loves.....and his Kong Wubba :)[/QUOTE]

a plastic ring with a plasic ball in it? Is that the one like a big donut that the ball can't come out? If it is..we have one of those.

[QUOTE=dmc123;815906]Mine love the little (life size) stuffed mice. And the laser light, oh my!

Diane[/QUOTE]

mine love the stuffed mice too! :laughing: I don't have a lazer light though.

[QUOTE=allfurlove;815931]My guys love hangy toys with feathers :crazy:[/QUOTE]

what does this hangy toy with feathers look like? Does it fit over a door or something?

I have a wand toy with feathers that I hold on to and play with them. It's like a fishing pole.

I remember some one on the forum was given toys for their kitties at christmas I think it was. And they said they had some toy that went over the top of the door and their kitties would swat at it??

Now, if I could just rememeber who that was. LOL

Tundra_Queen August 19th, 2009 12:52 AM

[QUOTE=heart433;815899]The removable pull ring of a YOP drink container.
Plain old string.
A well-crumpled ball of paper.

The beautiful (and exasperating) thing about cats is that they usually like to play with household items instead of the $8 pink catnip-filled mouse that you thought you looked tempting.[/QUOTE]

That is true. :laughing::laughing:

[QUOTE=TacoGrl;815939]My two like anything mom calls "Don't play with that!!!" or "Give me that, you'll choke!!!"

Seriously though...they like...

small mice
feathers
string (thick like a drawstring)
empty toilet paper rolls (not really obught in a store though :o)
pretty much anything I jiggle around in front of them :)[/QUOTE]

TG...I hear ya about the give me that you'll chocke! LOL

I have given them the empty toilet paper rolls, but they aren't interested.

I just wanted to bring them back something special seeing as I don't leave town much and town doesn't have many neat cat toys. I even am going to look for a good litter scooper, as the ones I've found in town are crummy and break really easily!

The last time I left town was um almost 4 years ago! My son has already told me I can't fill up the car with cases of cat food this time cause they need to buy stuff too! I wish they still had their van and not a tiny car! LOL

Debbie

TacoGrl August 19th, 2009 06:33 AM

You would be amazed what you can strap to the hood and trunk of a small car! :evil:

14+kitties August 19th, 2009 06:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=Tundra_Queen;816035]I remember some one on the forum was given toys for their kitties at christmas I think it was. And they said they had some toy that went over the top of the door and their kitties would swat at it??

Now, if I could just rememeber who that was. LOL[/QUOTE]

That would have been me. I've attached a pic of the top of the toy. It has an elastic string on it. I can't remember the original toy. It has been replaced a few times. :D Kitties love it. :thumbs up

Love4himies August 19th, 2009 07:10 AM

Sweet Pea's : a piece of fleece that is about 6 inches long and tied in a knot (from a vet clinic)

Jasper: small furry balls and the grey or white small mice.

Puddles: tennis balls

Rose: Feather stick.

Tundra_Queen August 19th, 2009 09:38 PM

[QUOTE=TacoGrl;816051]You would be amazed what you can strap to the hood and trunk of a small car! :evil:[/QUOTE]

:laughing: Ok, I will bring some heavy rope! LOL

[QUOTE=14+kitties;816052]That would have been me. I've attached a pic of the top of the toy. It has an elastic string on it. I can't remember the original toy. It has been replaced a few times. :D Kitties love it. :thumbs up[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I will see if the pet store has anything like that. :D

[QUOTE=Love4himies;816056]Sweet Pea's : a piece of fleece that is about 6 inches long and tied in a knot (from a vet clinic)

Jasper: small furry balls and the grey or white small mice.

Puddles: tennis balls

Rose: Feather stick.[/QUOTE]

love4himies...tennis balls? really? Oh we have those. There is a tennis court across the street and quite a few land in my gardens. LOL Tegan plays with them, but I didn't know kitties like they too.

Debbie

Bina August 19th, 2009 09:54 PM

Mitten just adores tennis balls, and those mice too.

luvsmallfurries August 19th, 2009 11:40 PM

Yeti: the bird, the rabbit, my feet......:D he's a "if it's moving I'm chasing it" kind of guy - I have a very small remote controlled car that he chases around forever!

Sparks: anything that dangles and bounces around or that can be dragged across the floor........

Have fun! I have to bring my husband to the pet store with me to keep myself from buying one of everything!

ownedbycats August 20th, 2009 08:24 AM

I found this toy that our cats love. It's about six feet of inch wide fleece attached to a plastic stick. it kind of floats down when you flick it up in the air or you can drag it along the ground. I think i got it at Zellers, but you could probably make something similar with fleece and a piece of dowel.

maneater August 20th, 2009 11:22 AM

my cats fav toys, are my sons foam blocks, feathers from the craft table, mittins/socks from the laundry basket, and trying to catch the fish in the fish tank.

Jim Hall August 20th, 2009 12:22 PM

lol the bag the goodies come in

Tim W August 21st, 2009 12:00 AM

My cats favorite toy is a wand with a feather hanging from it. She loves it to death. I just put it up wedged somewhere and she goes to town.

onster August 21st, 2009 12:04 AM

Bunduk- laser pointer but its been banned cuz he's too obsessive about it...also hairbands and those rubber wrist band things (like the the live strong ones). Cut one in half and he will flick it around for hours!

Onnie - Bells, likes to fetch them. Also plastic springs (cat toy).

Tundra_Queen August 21st, 2009 01:52 AM

[QUOTE=luvsmallfurries;816445]Yeti: the bird, the rabbit, my feet......:D he's a "if it's moving I'm chasing it" kind of guy - I have a very small remote controlled car that he chases around forever!

Sparks: anything that dangles and bounces around or that can be dragged across the floor........

Have fun! I have to bring my husband to the pet store with me to keep myself from buying one of everything![/QUOTE]

Ooooooo the remote control car? Now I would love that. We actually had a motion mouse, that blinked and made noise and would go in the opposite direction when it hit something. But Willie kept sitting on it after he had grown up and sort of ummm burnt out the motor. :laughing:

[QUOTE=ownedbycats;816471]I found this toy that our cats love. It's about six feet of inch wide fleece attached to a plastic stick. it kind of floats down when you flick it up in the air or you can drag it along the ground. I think i got it at Zellers, but you could probably make something similar with fleece and a piece of dowel.[/QUOTE]

I was at zellers, but I didn't see that one.

[QUOTE=maneater;816550]my cats fav toys, are my sons foam blocks, feathers from the craft table, mittins/socks from the laundry basket, and trying to catch the fish in the fish tank.[/QUOTE]

LOL...willie caught one of the fish from the fish tank so he isn't allowed in that room anymore. Only when the fish is outside in the pond for the summer. :laughing:

Debbie

Tundra_Queen August 21st, 2009 01:58 AM

[QUOTE=Jim Hall;816563]lol the bag the goodies come in[/QUOTE]

If u mean paper bags we don't get things in paper bags anymore. LOL I don't like giving them plastic bags as I worried they are going to eat them.

[QUOTE=Tim W;816751]My cats favorite toy is a wand with a feather hanging from it. She loves it to death. I just put it up wedged somewhere and she goes to town.[/QUOTE]

That's a good idea! Gee I have two of those feather things, but I only thought of using them when I was attached to the other end. I like your idea! :D

[QUOTE=onster;816756]Bunduk- laser pointer but its been banned cuz he's too obsessive about it...also hairbands and those rubber wrist band things (like the the live strong ones). Cut one in half and he will flick it around for hours!

Onnie - Bells, likes to fetch them. Also plastic springs (cat toy).[/QUOTE]

Onster, ya know what I saw at the store today? A big lazer thingy, but it was automatic! The light moved by itself. I didn't buy it though as it was 29.00 i think and I had already spent a bunch of money by then and I was trying really hard to behave myself. LOL

Debbie