Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet photography - Pet pictures (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   W.C. FIELDS Vs. ALFRED HITCHCOCK.... (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=60123)

Dee-O-Gee January 21st, 2009 10:01 PM

W.C. FIELDS Vs. ALFRED HITCHCOCK....

2 Attachment(s)
K…this is my Gryphon, an English springer spaniel.

When my favorite aunt was introduced to him, she let out a huge laugh! I asked her what was so funny with our little guy.

She said, “Look—he has W.C. Fields on his back!” I said, “What are you talking about?”

She laughed again and got up and pointed it out. I said to her, “that’s not W.C. Fields, it Alfred Hitchcock!” We argued a bit and laughed a while.

Every time my aunt comes to visit—she can’t help but chuckle at the “Fields” on his back!

So here are pictures of the debatable silhouettes of Fields vs. Hitchcock. Would love to get your opinion….

[ATTACH]47265[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]47266[/ATTACH]

hazelrunpack January 21st, 2009 11:12 PM

I don't see either... :o I tried...but I failed.... :o :laughing:

There's a rubber duckey facing toward Gryphon's tail, though... :o

If it's any consolation, I routinely fail Rorschach tests, too. :crazy:

Gryphon looks like a handsome Dude, but it would be so much easier to tell if his face was showing [size=1]*nudge nudge wink wink hint hint*[/size] :D

growler~GateKeeper January 21st, 2009 11:28 PM

I don't understand the WC Fields reference :o :shrug:

But I think it looks like a bat flying towards his tail :lovestruck:

Either way Gryphon is a cutie pie & a face pic would be nice too :D;)

hazelrunpack January 22nd, 2009 12:33 AM

Oh, ya!!! I can see the bat, too! :D I guess I've always had trouble with face recognition, though. :o

rainbow January 22nd, 2009 01:02 AM

LOL....I can see W.C. Fields there. :D

It's a side profile with his famous cigar in his mouth. :thumbs up

hazelrunpack January 22nd, 2009 01:05 AM

[QUOTE=rainbow;735921]LOL....I can see W.C. Fields there. :D

It's a side profile with his famous cigar in his mouth. :thumbs up[/QUOTE]
Oooooooohhhhhhhhhhh! Okay, I see him, too. Still not good ol' Alfred, though :o Unless the 'cigar' is his lower lip :o :laughing:

klmccallum, I think we need tons more pics so we can sort this out properly. :D Whaddya say?

rainbow January 22nd, 2009 01:18 AM

LOL....ol' Alfred's bottom lip wasn't that big :eek: so I still have to agree with the aunt. :D

growler~GateKeeper January 22nd, 2009 01:27 AM

:laughing: Here I thought the Alfred Hitchcock was in reference to The Birds not his face :o

hazelrunpack January 22nd, 2009 01:29 AM

So [I]that's[/I] how you noticed the bat! You were looking for flying critters! :thumbs up :D

growler~GateKeeper January 22nd, 2009 01:37 AM

The bat was actually the first thing I saw/thought of :shrug: I was trying to figure out how it would look more like a bird & had no clue about WC :shrug: :D

rainbow January 22nd, 2009 02:25 AM

You've never heard of or seen pics of W.C. Fields? :eek:

growler~GateKeeper January 22nd, 2009 02:30 AM

I did google him to see if he wrote something about bats :o:D

rainbow January 22nd, 2009 02:33 AM

[QUOTE=growler;735986]I did google him to see if he wrote something about bats :o:D[/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

growler~GateKeeper January 22nd, 2009 02:43 AM

:laughing: I thought it was a Bat vs Bird..... :shrug::laughing:

Dee-O-Gee January 22nd, 2009 12:44 PM

W.c. Fields, alfred, birds & bats

2 Attachment(s)
K....I see the bat too!! How funny is that!! I'm going to have to show my aunt that one!!! Yes, it would be a side profile of Mr. Fields with a cigar in his mouth. Here's a couple of head shots of Gryphon.

This is what happens when you have a boy dog with teasing female humanbeings trying to pretend that he's a girly girl....

[ATTACH]47326[/ATTACH]

Gryphon just chillin and mugging for the camera!!.....

[ATTACH]47327[/ATTACH]

hazelrunpack January 22nd, 2009 01:55 PM

:cloud9: He's such a handsome chocolate-and-vanilla springer spaniel! :flirt: [size=1]Dignified even under barrette humiliation! :o What a mellow boy! [/size]

Thanks for the pics, klmccallum! :D

rainbow January 22nd, 2009 02:13 PM

Awwww...I just love his chillin and muggin pic. :lovestruck:

Dee-O-Gee January 22nd, 2009 11:03 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;735923]Oooooooohhhhhhhhhhh! Okay, I see him, too. Still not good ol' Alfred, though :o Unless the 'cigar' is his lower lip :o :laughing:

klmccallum, I think we need tons more pics so we can sort this out properly. :D Whaddya say?[/QUOTE]

Okay Hazelrun...I figured out how to make pictures smaller so as soon as I can hog-tie Gryphon down to get more pictures of the bat, the bird, the duckie, W.C. Fields and maybe Mr. Hitchcock...I'll post them on this :wall:

hazelrunpack January 22nd, 2009 11:13 PM

:laughing: I'm looking forward to them! Good luck with the hog-tying! :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper January 23rd, 2009 12:40 AM

Aww what a cutie! :D

K9Art January 24th, 2009 11:36 AM

Hi, (I'm new!)
This is fun. I see Whimpy (the hamburger guy) from Popeye. I also see her right ear and crown markings as the Wooly Mammoth from Ice Age, AND her left ear and markings as a silhouette of herself.

hazelrunpack January 24th, 2009 11:44 AM

[QUOTE=K9Art;737360]Hi, (I'm new!)
This is fun. I see Whimpy (the hamburger guy) from Popeye. I also see her right ear and crown markings as the Wooly Mammoth from Ice Age, AND her left ear and markings as a silhouette of herself.[/QUOTE]
:laughing: I do, too!!! On all three counts! :thumbs up

And welcome to the board, K9ARt!

Dee-O-Gee January 25th, 2009 12:31 PM

Hamburgers!!

[QUOTE=K9Art;737360]Hi, (I'm new!)
This is fun. I see Whimpy (the hamburger guy) from Popeye. I also see her right ear and crown markings as the Wooly Mammoth from Ice Age, AND her left ear and markings as a silhouette of herself.[/QUOTE]

K9Art---that's way too funny :laughing: :laughing:!!! I'll glady pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today :thumbs up