Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE) (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Lost Dog - Milo - Barrie, Ontario - Forbes Rd - Update: DOG FOUND!!! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=82110)

ploonan September 2nd, 2012 02:49 PM

Lost Dog - Milo - Barrie, Ontario - Forbes Rd - Update: DOG FOUND!!!

3 Attachment(s)
Milo - A tan and white neutered male chihuahua mix. Lost at 7pm on Saturday September 1st in Dalston near the intersection of Forbes Road (Old Barrie Road) and Penatanguishine Road (Hwy 93). Wearing a green collar with brown paw prints, ID tag with his name and my wife's phone number on it. He is microchipped with Home Again and has been reported as missing with them. He is just under a year old and a little skittish but still very friendly. He will come when called and is up to date on all vaccines. I was visiting my wife's family in the Barrie Ontario area when he went missing, we are from New Jersey, USA.

I have attached a few pictures of him. Please keep your eyes out for him, he is sorrily missed and I am heartbroken that I will be having to leave Canada without locating him.

Thank you very much,

Peter Loonan

hazelrunpack September 2nd, 2012 08:07 PM

Milo looks like such a sweetie! :grouphug: Did you leave posters with the local vets and shelters? Or can your wife's family distribute some? Also maybe leave them with local businesses if there are any near the area where Milo went missing.

I hope you're reunited soon! :goodvibes:

ploonan September 3rd, 2012 03:16 PM

Thank you so much, he is definitely a sweetie, loves cuddling and laying in laps and loves to run around and play if he's not cuddling. We did print out some papers/posters and drove around to all local businesses and churches in the area asking if people could post them or pass word along and everyone we've been able to has been very kind and helpful. The biggest problem is this area is a lot of farms/farm land so I'm hoping he's not just wandering through the corn fields or something like that. We've all (wife, wife's family, and I) walked and driven all over the area trying to ask people if they've seen him and no luck so far. My wife has also sent emails to all the local vets and shelters asking them to keep their eye out and sent pictures. We're hoping he's found safely and can be reunited with him soon. Unfortunately, we have to leave to go back to NJ tomorrow as we both work and leaving is going to be extremely hard.

hazelrunpack September 3rd, 2012 04:05 PM

Such a hard situation :grouphug: Praying that he turns up before you have to leave!!! :goodvibes: :pray:

ploonan September 4th, 2012 05:12 AM

WOW, I am in utter amazed shock! Milo has turned up just 30 minutes ago, turns out he was enjoying adventuring through the corn fields for the last couple days. Thankfully a neighbor saw him behind their property and we were able to get him and bring him home with the help of our border collie. So, a great ending after all.

Winston September 4th, 2012 05:44 AM

OMG I am sooo happy for you! Thank Dawg he made it back! I bet he was happy to see your family!

Love happy endings!

We hope you will stick around and let us know all about your sweet Milo. Its a wonderful community of folks here! and we have members from NJ!!!!

Safe trip home! :thumbs up

goldengal September 4th, 2012 07:20 AM

What a wonderful way to start the day reading such great news.:thumbs up While we have bigger dogs, we also have a small one who is boss of the house, and I know how upset we wouod be if Harley ever went missing.

Take care,
Pat

hazelrunpack September 4th, 2012 08:39 AM

Oh, what wonderful news!!!! :highfive: Holy catz, Milo!! That's cuttin' it close, dude!!! :eek:

So happy you're all returning home together!! :grouphug:

Dog Dancer September 4th, 2012 03:50 PM

How great is that! So glad he got home in time and didn't miss the trip.