Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum for cats and dogs (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   URGENT...Friend going to Mile 26..needs rescues help (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=71092)

NoahGrey June 24th, 2010 05:31 PM

URGENT...Friend going to Mile 26..needs rescues help

Hey..my friend is packing to go up to Mile 26 and assist with the dogs. She is hoping to bring some back, but will need help with rescues taking dogs in for the time being to foster...or if indiviudals want to help, that don't have a rescue group. Anyone would be interested? Please let me know on here or message me. I will get you in contact with my friend, if you are interested in helping. Friend is a former Agent and Animal protection Officer. Thanks lot

NoahGrey June 24th, 2010 07:18 PM

I've also posted this in the main 'Save the dogs at mile 26' thread, maybe it will be viewed more? No one knows of any rescue or anyone who is willing to help? Or is it just because I am the one posting?

14+kitties June 24th, 2010 07:22 PM

Or..... it hasn't even been two hours since you posted the thread. Maybe not many rescues have been on. BM isn't usually on at night for one. Give people a chance. :shrug:
Is she going by herself?

NoahGrey June 24th, 2010 07:30 PM

14kitties, i know it has only been about 2 hours...however considering how many people on here post within a short period of time...If it were someone else, more responses would have come in.

14+kitties June 24th, 2010 07:34 PM

Maybe at one time but Pets has been awfully quiet lately. Especially at night between 6 and 8ish. Even then there isn't a lot of people on a lot of nights. At least not the regulars.
If I felt that way I wouldn't even try any more. Some of my threads go unanswered for quite some time too. :shrug:
Now I have to leave for a while too.

Winston June 24th, 2010 07:35 PM

NoahGray sorry I cant offer a rescue but will be making a monetary contribution for now! Today hasnt been a very busy day if you check around! I wouldnt think it has anything to do with who or what but the timing today.....no worries people will be around its certainly not personal!! I think your friend will have better luck coordinating with the mile 26 gang up in moosenee cause they probably have things in some kind of order! just the fact that they have an experienced body up there is a huge bonus whether she brings dogs back herself or not!

Hang in there! :thumbs up

NoahGrey June 24th, 2010 07:47 PM

Thanks alot guys. Maybe I am just being impatient. She is on the fb page as well.

Etown_Chick June 24th, 2010 08:04 PM

No idea what/where mile 26 is.

NoahGrey June 24th, 2010 08:09 PM

It is in Ontario Etowngirl. Owner has died in a fire, leaving about 200 stray dogs. Most dogs have been dumped on his property, while the numbers have gotten so high, due to breeding.

HelenNutmeg June 24th, 2010 09:51 PM

Where in Ontario.. I know lots of rescuers there.

Tundra_Queen June 24th, 2010 10:31 PM

Noah, I would get your friend to message Pamela on Facebook as she is one of the ones that are organizing things. She knows if they have enough volunteers and if not, where she needs help.

Debbie

Melinda June 25th, 2010 06:11 AM

has anyone contacted Bark in Ottawa ?? I know they sometimes take in dogs in situations like this?

Love4himies June 25th, 2010 06:22 AM

I don't think members here care [B]who[/B] posts about a rescue, they are there to help [B]any[/B] pets who are in need.

I wish there was more media coverage on this, then there would be more rescues coming forward to help :fingerscr.

Melinda June 25th, 2010 07:08 AM

hell I was talking to a friend in Moose factory (the island near Moosenee and she had no idea this was all going on so close to home

14+kitties June 25th, 2010 07:54 AM

[QUOTE=HelenNutmeg;931023]Where in Ontario.. I know lots of rescuers there.[/QUOTE]

Helen - Here is the original thread. -
[url]http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=70801[/url]

Etown_Chick June 25th, 2010 08:28 PM

Noah,
ty for the clarification
What a sad situation for the dogs, and for those who will have to deal with this situation. :(