Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce yourself here - Say hello (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   hello from northern Alberta (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=55650)

heelermom August 20th, 2008 03:18 PM

hello from northern Alberta

I have never posted on a forum before so please be patient with me.
I am so glad to have found a canadian site for pets and very happy to be here.
Thanks

babymomma August 20th, 2008 03:31 PM

welcome to the board!! What kind of pets do you have?? And more importantly, do you have pictures????!! lol..

Chaser August 20th, 2008 04:16 PM

Welcome, and please post pics soon - I love heelers!

sugarcatmom August 20th, 2008 04:37 PM

And a big HELLO to you [B]heelermom[/B]! Some very good friends of mine live in Fort Mac. I keep saying I'll get up there to visit them one day, but alas, hasn't happened yet.

And yes, pictures are mandatory.:D

NoahGrey August 20th, 2008 04:44 PM

Hello,

I was actually suppose to move to FM a few months ago.but opted not too..due to the high crime and drugs...and I live in a city that already has high crime and drugs..but where I live has over 1 million people and FM has not even hundred thousand..but FM is nearly equal to it. *L* Beautiful place though...right in the middle of the Boreal forest.

Welcome and post lots. I love heelers

ACO22

aslan August 20th, 2008 04:54 PM

welcome to the forum heelermom, looking forward to see your furbaby/s and hearing all about them.

heelermom August 20th, 2008 06:55 PM

northern alberta

Wow what a warm and inviting welcome. But what else could I expect from Canadians! First Ionly have a Blackberry phone for internet use ( accommodations are tough here so living in 5th wheel) so have no idea how to post pics. I had 2 male blueheelers x border collies (brothers). Prince recently passed away from HSA. He was dwfinitely "Heeler" through and through! Duke is now 12 1/2 yrs and he is more B.Collie. He was a trained search and rescue dog back home,(Vancouver BC)
I haven't had chance to brouse around this site yet so any suggestions would be most welcome also any tips on how to post pics would be great as I would love to "show off " my babies!
Again thanks for the awesome welcome

aslan August 20th, 2008 06:58 PM

lol, wait til the americans show up, they're just as friendly. ok go down to post reply like normal, pass the submit reply button to the button " manage attachments" click it, browse for your pics and upload them, close the little window thingy, then go to the second submit reply button, under the manage attachments.

heelermom August 20th, 2008 07:19 PM

Northern Alberta - Eh!

Gosh you had me howling with laughter. The line about Americans was too funny (lol)!
I have only had this device a little while so have no pics on it of my boys. Guess that would be the 1st step but don't know how to do that either as Prince (my very special buddy) is no longer with me and Duke had to go Vancouver. I am not computer savvy at the best of times and this phone is not easy by any means - took 10 mins to find "reply" button! In this day and age "shame on me" (lol).
How do I save your instructions? (For when I get pics)

Thanks

aslan August 20th, 2008 07:21 PM

lol, the instructions will remain as part of this thread. so all you have to do is, when you log on, look for this thread and there you go.

heelermom August 20th, 2008 07:29 PM

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

14+kitties August 20th, 2008 07:30 PM

Welcome heelermom. This has been a great forum for meeting new people and exchanging ideas.
I am so sorry about the recent passing of Prince. :candle::rip: sweet doggie :candle: It is so difficult to lose a much loved pet. :sad:
I hope you soon figure out your blackberry. I stay away from those things. They scare me. :eek:

heelermom August 20th, 2008 07:38 PM

2 people

I must be 2 people cuz 1 person cudn't be this dumb! (Lol). Just found your reply then couldn't find how to reply back!! Still trying to understand all the little icons etc.

Thanks for your help

aslan August 20th, 2008 07:50 PM

[QUOTE=heelermom;643747]I must be 2 people cuz 1 person cudn't be this dumb! (Lol). Just found your reply then couldn't find how to reply back!! Still trying to understand all the little icons etc.

Thanks for your help[/QUOTE]

:laughing::laughing:You're gonna get along great with hazelrunpack then there's 4 of her.:laughing:

heelermom August 20th, 2008 07:56 PM

northern alberta

14+kitties. Thank you for your candle for Prince. He was my best boy ever and I miss him terribly every day. He was everything to me.

heelermom August 20th, 2008 08:21 PM

[QUOTE=aslan;643752]:laughing::laughing:You're gonna get along great with hazelrunpack then there's 4 of her.:laughing:[/QUOTE]

Great, a "6 Pack" is usually found at the best parties!
Where do I find this person?

I haven't laughed so much in a long time - thanks.
(Can't get those " lil icons" to go where I want- hmm)

I must state no offence was meant to anyone with my comment about warm Canadians (most of us live in below zero temps for 6 months at a time anyway).

aslan August 20th, 2008 08:22 PM

lol, hazel usually logs on around 10 or durring the day, you will love her if you think we're funny, she has to be abit crazy she has 8 dogs.:crazy:

heelermom August 20th, 2008 09:18 PM

oh, there you are

Hi again, somehow logged myself out,, Hmm!

If you think Hazel is crazy try 2 herding dogds for 2+ yrs in a 30 ft 5th wheel in minus 30 to minus 40 degrees!! Now that's nuts
Things are very different on a blackberry, no "enter" key, not everything is hilited and heaven forbid the darn thing rings while you are on the internet!

So now that I have REALLY Introcduced myself I guess I shud find the appropriate "thread" (did I get that right?) Or is this where everyone goes each time rhey log in?
So far it's been a barrel of laughs!

aslan August 20th, 2008 09:31 PM

hmm i don't know how you logged in, i usually go to [url]www.pets.ca[/url] then at the bottom their are a few topics, click one, then go to the top of the page and you'll see " today's posts" click that poof all kinds of topics.

hazelrunpack August 20th, 2008 11:46 PM

[QUOTE=heelermom;643762]Great, a "6 Pack" is usually found at the best parties!
Where do I find this person?

[COLOR="Purple"][I][B]We're here! [img]http://www.smileycons.com/img/emotions/91.gif[/img] Which of us did you want to talk to? :laughing: There's me, hazel, madame hazel and "Two Dogs Facing Off" (TDFO for short). Hazel and I are friendly, mostly, but madame hazel has her grumpy days and TDFO is definitely one to avoid... :o[/B][/I][/COLOR]

I must state no offence was meant to anyone with my comment about warm Canadians (most of us live in below zero temps for 6 months at a time anyway).[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="purple"][I][B]We have that same problem in northern Wisconsin, too! :D We keep warm by pulling ticks off each other and flicking them at madame hazel. Keeps the fingers nimble in cold weather, too... :crazy:

Welcome to the board, heelermom! I hope you enjoy your stay. [/B][/I][/COLOR]

heelermom August 21st, 2008 12:07 AM

[QUOTE=aslan;643811]hmm i don't know how you logged in, i usually go to [url]www.pets.ca[/url] then at the bottom their are a few topics, click one, then go to the top of the page and you'll see " today's posts" click that poof all kinds of topics.[/QUOTE]

Guess what, the darned thing rang and "poof" everything was gone including the phone call,

I just found my way back here!

This is going to be some education. I guess the way things appear on a blackberry phone are VERY different to a desktop especially since it only has a 2.5 inch screen (like a digital camera) and the keyboard (if u cud call it that) wud suit the fingers of a mouse (the furry,long tailed type) oh well.you have no idea how far I have to roll the little ball to "scroll" to the bottom of a screen! Will again in the morning. G'nite and thabks for all your help

heelermom August 21st, 2008 12:37 AM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;643860][COLOR="purple"][I][B]We have that same problem in northern Wisconsin, too! :D We keep warm by pulling ticks off each other and flicking them at madame hazel. Keeps the fingers nimble in cold weather, too... :crazy:

Welcome to the board, heelermom! I hope you enjoy your stay. [/B][/I][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Hi Hazel, thanks for the "crazy" welcome. I "herd" we would get along fine.

What kind of dogs do you have? It must be wonderful to be able to have so many fur babies!
My remaining "pup" had to go back to Vancouver as the extreme cold here was just too much for him. He's living the life of riley with my parents. I lost my very special "Prince" to HSA a couple of months ago, so I'm very envious of you having 8! Sure must be a handful. Any herding guys in your "pack"? A good heeler wud sure keep them all in line!

Any suggestrions on how to get the best use of this forum/board (not too internet savvy so terminology mite be wrong).

Thanks

hazelrunpack August 21st, 2008 12:49 AM

Dawg, I can't even imagine trying to navigate the board on a Blackberry! :eek:

If you can find your way to the forums list, you can pick and choose which ones you visit...or choose Today's Posts or New Posts to get you the list of current topics across [I]all[/I] the forums. There is a search function in the menu at the top of the page if you're looking for something specific...

For pictures, if you're trying to upload them from your computer, you have to resize them to 100KB or less. Then click on the Manage Attachments button below the reply window (In the Additional Options box), browse to the file you want to upload, click on Upload. Et voila! Pictures should magically appear. :thumbs up

We have English Setters. Only one of them shows any herding talents--when we picked up Macie, she was busy herding puppies into a tight little group and keeping them out of trouble. :D The rest of them are pointers with a smattering of retriving talent thrown in.

I'm sorry about Prince. :sad: It's so hard to lose them...we never have enough time. :grouphug:

:candle: Prince