Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   This is going to tick off people (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=20901)

Shaykeija November 2nd, 2005 12:39 AM

This is going to tick off people

:sad: I was so pissed tonight when I read the Sudbury Star. The Greater Sudbury Animal Shelter had a picture of a lab cross in it. Some low life scum sucking pig dropped the 14 year old dog off in the bush with food, water and a blanket. This poor fur baby also has a large tumor on it's stomache. How can some people be so cruel to an animal? It amazes me the lack of compassion and caring. If we didn't have a bylaw here that states we can only have 2 dogs, I would go and get that dog and give it the love it deserves until it's time. :sad: Makes me wish I was a hunter in the bush and caught this jerk doing this..Whoops I thought he was a bear..Bang.

twodogsandacat November 2nd, 2005 12:46 AM

[QUOTE=Shaykeija]Makes me wish I was a hunter in the bush and caught this jerk doing this..Whoops I thought he was a bear..Bang.[/QUOTE]

Prop a couple of sticks up by their head and say it was a deer.

Seriously though sick SOB. If the dog was sick it would be far more humane to be PTS than starving to death in the bush. Cheap SOB. I hope they are caught somehow.

dodo November 2nd, 2005 01:07 AM

Hard to believe that people would do that

april07 November 2nd, 2005 01:38 AM

It's so heartbreaking how some people can be so cruel and heartless :sad:

LM1313 November 2nd, 2005 04:44 AM

I was at the local animal shelter a couple days ago and some people brought in a large but young pit bull (under a year old) that some guy had just dumped out of his truck on a busy street! Its ribs were showing too, so I think it had been starved. :(

~LM~

CyberKitten November 2nd, 2005 06:03 AM

I try to read the daily Yahoo (or Google) stories on pets when time permits and EVERY week, there are horror stories like this. It's sad, frustrating, very maddening disgusting, sighhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

happycats November 2nd, 2005 07:30 AM

Check out the foster section of the THS. There is a 16 year old dog there, who lived in the same home all his life, apparently his family now has allergies and asthma!!!!! bunch of **^%$%^^%$#%^.
Why couldn't they have kept him just a little bit longer!!! why??!!
Now the poor thing is in a cage scared, probably wondering why his family abandoned him after 16 YEARS!!!!!
Makes me sick!!

What goes around comes around!. I hope their loving family dumps them in a nursing home to die when they get old, and never visit!! :evil:

twodogsandacat November 2nd, 2005 07:47 AM

[QUOTE=happycats]What goes around comes around!. I hope their loving family dumps them in a nursing home to die when they get old, and never visit!! :evil:[/QUOTE]

I know exactly what you mean and couldn't agree more.

chained_dogs November 2nd, 2005 07:56 AM

they should put the whole family in a cage without alergy pills. What a excuse they used, unreal..

chained_dogs November 2nd, 2005 07:59 AM

and they should never be alowed to own animlas

Snooky'sMom November 4th, 2005 10:31 AM

I lost my beloved Himalayan kitty after 19 years. Sometime after he died I started looking at some cats on-line that were waiting for adoption. There was another male Himalayan with kidney disease (that's what my kitty had). He was 12 years old and his owners had given him up because they didn't want to deal with it!!! My heart went out to this cat. I couldn't possibly take on an older cat of the same breed and same condition after going through it with my kitty but I hope and pray he finds a good home. It's so hard on them to move at that point in their lives and if they are ill it makes it especially hard. We seem to live in a world where everything is disposable. People have no problem laying down big bucks for an animal in the beginning but when that animal requires their time , they just drop them off at a shelter. The excuses are many but when it comes down to it, that's all they are-- excuses.