Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Heidi needs to get out of hiding... (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=73269)

cpietra16 October 24th, 2010 12:01 PM

Heidi needs to get out of hiding...

1 Attachment(s)
This is a very special cat who needs a special home:

This cat was named Heidi because by day, she is in hiding. She spends her days in pipes that run along the house. To give her some freedom the owners let her out at night, but when she gets back in, straight to the pipes she goes.
Her owners can no longer keep her due to "allergies". She was due to be euthanized last week but at the last minute was spared.
I have been given a few weeks to find her another home.

This is not a lap cat, although she can be with a lot of love and patience. She is approximately 3 years old. she will allow to be petted when she is eating.
Heidi and her litter were born outside to a feral mom. Once socialized Heidi and her sister found their forever home. One night her and sister were let outside, but only Heidi returned and since then has not really trusted or has been close to humans. This is a long shot,and Heidi's last chance ; if you know anyone who would love a challenge and help Heidi trust again...she will be well worth it.

chico2 October 24th, 2010 03:56 PM

what a pretty girl:lovestruck:and what a sad start she'd had:(

so these people were giving her a death sentence because they supposedly all of a sudden have allergies:frustrated:

if she's outside at night and in the pipes in the daytime,she probably has not had much love:(hopefully someone can help this little girl:pray:

14+kitties October 24th, 2010 04:10 PM

Why do I open these threads??? :wall::wall::wall:

Chris21711 October 24th, 2010 05:25 PM

[QUOTE=14+kitties;961334]Why do I open these threads??? :wall::wall::wall:[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="6"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]14kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :cool:[/COLOR][/SIZE]

ancientgirl October 24th, 2010 07:01 PM

Definition of "allergies":

When you don't have the guts to just tell people you are tired or bored of taking care of your pet.

cpietra16 October 24th, 2010 08:30 PM

Yes, that is what has happened ....her child gets nose bleeds every day due to the severity of the allergies:yell::cool:
Heidi's sister probably got hit by a car since I just found out they live almost right next to the high 20 in the west island....:yell:

cpietra16 October 24th, 2010 08:36 PM

[QUOTE=14+kitties;961334]Why do I open these threads??? :wall::wall::wall:[/QUOTE]

I would not ask K14+...don;t worry. I know how many cats you have and how many more you would love to have but can't....don;t worry MF.

cpietra16 October 27th, 2010 05:49 PM

well just when you spend all your free time trying to help and find homes...:yell:....I don't like people anymore!!!!!

The lady that has Heidi has deemed her unadoptable according to her and decided that she will have her euthanized...or drop her off at the SPCA...which means she will be euthanized!!! as soon as she gets out of the pipes and traps her.

I gave her a few options, one of which was a colony which is being controled and fed and watched by a wonderful lady....but nope!!! she would rather have her euthanized because she could not bare to think of her outside all winter...even when I told her that she would be in a winterized shelter...
lord, the cat spends all her nights outside and she is happy...and now this woman would rather see her put down...:yell::frustrated:

ancientgirl October 27th, 2010 06:08 PM

What an idiot. I'm quite sure Heidi would be much happier in a colony, even if it's outside, than dead. It's unreal that she would rather kill her.

Maybe next time you talk to her you should just forgo the "kinder" word of euthanize and just ask why she would rather kill Heidi than allow her to live a long happy life.

chico2 October 28th, 2010 07:20 AM

it's so easy for some to kill a little cat,after all there are thousands out there like heidi.
i don't know what the solution for her would be,i am just sorry i cannot help her:(

Love4himies October 28th, 2010 07:46 AM

[QUOTE=cpietra16;962540]well just when you spend all your free time trying to help and find homes...:yell:....I don't like people anymore!!!!!

The lady that has Heidi has deemed her unadoptable according to her and decided that she will have her euthanized...or drop her off at the SPCA...which means she will be euthanized!!! as soon as she gets out of the pipes and traps her.

I gave her a few options, one of which was a colony which is being controled and fed and watched by a wonderful lady....but nope!!! she would rather have her euthanized because she could not bare to think of her outside all winter...even when I told her that she would be in a winterized shelter...
lord, the cat spends all her nights outside and she is happy...and now this woman would rather see her put down...:yell::frustrated:[/QUOTE]

What the hell is wrong with that woman :frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated:

Would the cat rather be dead??? WTF Geesh, if I could take her I would. Now I am just friggin mad :mad:

krdahmer October 28th, 2010 01:20 PM

I agree forgo the kinder words....call her a murderer if you have to cause that's what she is if she euthanizes a perfectly healthy cat when she has other options!!!!

Listen I am full up here....but she can have my office if we can get her here. I'd much rather be a little stressed here than know she has no chance there! I have had some luck gettin hidey cats out of their shell....at least I'd try for her! :wall::wall::yell::frustrated:Stupid stupid jerky lady!!! :loser:

ancientgirl October 28th, 2010 02:03 PM

Kr, that's a lovely offer. Maybe something can be done.:pray:

Love4himies October 28th, 2010 02:23 PM

Are you serious KRD?????? :angel:

If I can, I'll be there to help with transportation. ;)

cpietra16 October 28th, 2010 02:32 PM

KRD, I appreciate your help. I pm'd you. But please, if you can take her, its great...ofcourse, I will need the lady to trust me enough to give her up!!!! She is very upset with me when I suggested the colony, so I lost her trust.

But if you really can do it without too much more stress in your life, I will take the offer...but again, please think about it. You are an angel no matter what:angel:

krdahmer October 28th, 2010 03:40 PM

As long as she's flea free, and not in need of immediate medical attention I should be able to swing it....we're broke but I always have an emergency litter box ready to go for the office and got some coupons for free food....so if all she needs is some space I can definitely handle it! Who knows maybe I can convince someone at work to give her a chance! (happen to know one girl who is lookin for a cat)

chico2 October 28th, 2010 03:45 PM

dahmer,you are an absolute sweetheart,hopefully something can be worked out:cat:

cpietra16 October 28th, 2010 05:19 PM

Heidi is completely healthy and has been spayed and vaccinated. As far as food , I may have someone who can donate a few big bags of science diet. I know its not the best, but its all I may be able to do.
The person I know also has a contact with a butcher and he said that I may be able to get animal parts, like livers, giblets, etc....I am a vegetarian so I am not sure what parts are not for human consumption...but he uses it for the colony he looks after and his cats seem to be healthy.:shrug:
Anyway, let me know if you can use the food.

Chris21711 October 29th, 2010 10:33 AM

[QUOTE=Love4himies;962712]Are you serious KRD?????? :angel:

If I can, I'll be there to help with transportation. ;)[/QUOTE]

Me too :)

krdahmer October 29th, 2010 12:01 PM

Well if all goes well it looks like me and Gerri are headed your way next wednesday Chris... maybe we can make that work for this gal somehow!:thumbs up

Chris21711 October 29th, 2010 12:12 PM

[QUOTE=krdahmer;962841]Well if all goes well it looks like me and Gerri are headed your way next wednesday Chris...

:thumbs up [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]EXCELLENT!!![/COLOR]

maybe we can make that work for this gal somehow!:thumbs up[/QUOTE]

Let's hope so.

Winston October 29th, 2010 12:35 PM

Hey guys if there is anything I can do please let me know! :thumbs up

chico2 October 29th, 2010 12:49 PM

i would too,but i am not allowed and cannot drive with my stupid cast:shrug:

Love4himies October 29th, 2010 12:57 PM

[QUOTE=chico2;962851]i would too,but i am not allowed and cannot drive with my stupid cast:shrug:[/QUOTE]

Doesn't kr and 14+ have to drive by your place to get to chris's, they can pick you up ;)?

cpietra16 October 29th, 2010 04:05 PM

I am still trying to get her to release Heidi to me...I met this cat and I beleive she is adoptable and can become a great lap cat with love and patience, but tryingto convince the woman is another thing.:frustrated:

14+kitties October 29th, 2010 04:57 PM

[QUOTE=cpietra16;962955]I am still trying to get her to release Heidi to me...I met this cat and I beleive she is adoptable and can become a great lap cat with love and patience, but tryingto convince the woman is another thing.:frustrated:[/QUOTE]

Can you tell her she's adopted? I'll sign whatever papers you need to get her out of there. If an "adoption form" looks better for her I'll do it. Heidi needs to get out of that place. I don't get it with stupid idiots that would rather kill a cat than give it a new home. :wall::wall:

cpietra16 October 31st, 2010 07:50 AM

I'm getting Heidi today. I guess having her come to my house to see and meet my cats including Tigger and Charlie who in her mind are very "unadoptable" convinced her that I may not be a bad person after all and will not just release Heidi into the cold and cruel world of montreal.
I will let you know how it pans out. I hope she does not change her mind.
SInce my camera was stolen I will not be able to take pictures:(

14+kitties October 31st, 2010 08:53 AM

Great news!!! :thumbs up Now there needs to be a kitty convoy set up. kr and I will be at Chris' on Wed. It would be great if Heidi could come home with us. :fingerscr

cpietra16 October 31st, 2010 10:14 AM

Heidi is amazing. She is not a colony cat. She purrs when she is in my arms....thats right I have picked her up.
She is hiding under my bed right now but I think its because she is very nervous and not sure why she was yanked out of her home...I walked into my bedroom earlier with some food and she came out from under the bed to great me, her tail up...she ate a few kibbles and then went back under the bed. The only problem with Heidi is that she has never been given the chance to be socialized properly. She may not be a lap cat, but she seems to be ok with people. I'll try and borrow a camera. i think the womand wanted a ready made lap cat...Heidi is nto that....yet!!

sugarcatmom October 31st, 2010 11:37 AM

[QUOTE=cpietra16;963281]Heidi is amazing. She is not a colony cat. She purrs when she is in my arms....thats right I have picked her up.
[/QUOTE]

:cloud9::lovestruck: Yahooooooo! Cpietra, you make my heart smile.