Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum for cats and dogs (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mission BC - Two Labs need a home (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=61222)

kanis March 4th, 2009 11:04 PM

Mission BC - Two Labs need a home

1 Attachment(s)
I came across this on my work "Pet talk" account. Hopefully these two can find a home together. :fingerscr The italics are comments from a person who originally posted it on the "pet talk" board.

[B]Let me know if you want the contact information and I'll private it to you.[/B]

[I]Spread the word.....these two labs need a home......sigh........They are located in Mission.** Info and photos below.[/I]

Unfortunately, I have still not been able to find a good home for Cookie and Coco. We're not able
to take our beloved doggies with us and I've been desperately trying to find a home for both of them 'together'. They were raised together and pine without each other. The Lab rescue
has already said that they would probably separate them, so this is my last resort. Recently I tried to take Coco out in my car alone and she TOTALLY refused to even get into the car without
Cookie...!!!! She absolutely pulled back on her haunches until Cookie was by her side. Both doggies are in great health, have been spayed and have ID chips implanted
under the skin. Cookie turned 3 December 10th and Coco will be 3 April 1st. Cookie is my
mellow-yellow, and just loves her tummy rubbed. Coco is adorably funny and lives for her "ball". She also loves the water..... Cookie loves lots of attention. Both doggies are
loyal and love to walk. They have been raised with my 3 kids running around all over the place, and have survived Sammy's constant hugging and love of 'dress-up', so they are
fantastic family dogs. This is by far one of the most difficult decisions I have ever had to make, but under the circumstances I have no choice. Please, Please forward these pics to all you know and help me find a great home for these fabulous doggies. They are just adorable and
it's heartbreaking to let them go. In a perfect world, I hope that we could find someone local so that we can still keep in touch and visit them. I pray that someone, somewhere can help
us keep Cookie and Coco together, and love them just as much as we do. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

14+kitties March 4th, 2009 11:06 PM

So what's the reason for this one? They are so sweet. And still young!

satchelp March 4th, 2009 11:35 PM

This one has been making the rounds for a little while. The dogs have a new home, however it is interesting that their location has been anywhere from BC to Florida to Rhode Island (they were actually in Los Angeles area).

See [url]http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/cookiecoco.asp[/url]

totallyhip March 5th, 2009 12:24 AM

that's weird! A friend of mine sent that to me. Was it a hoax or for real??? I'm confused :eek:

growler~GateKeeper March 5th, 2009 12:43 AM

According to the snopes report it was real in Jan 09 but in LA and the dogs have a new home now.

These kinds of emails pop up all the time - like the one last year about the box of pups found on the side of the road someone was keeping in their basement - that one has been circulating for years with pics :rolleyes: :shrug:

It's sad that people may overlook a legitimate plea for help because they will wonder if it is real or not

kanis March 6th, 2009 12:55 AM

This is quite frustrating. I often read posts of people trying to rehome their pets on the "Pet Talk". How can one discern between truth, half-truths and fiction?

Roy Vickers April 20th, 2009 01:16 PM

I am interested, we've been looking for an older Lab to adopt, two are even better. We have 87 acres and a loving home and have been without a Lab since our old girl left this world two years a go.

rainbow April 20th, 2009 01:28 PM

[QUOTE=Roy Vickers;770893]I am interested, we've been looking for an older Lab to adopt, two are even better. We have 87 acres and a loving home and have been without a Lab since our old girl left this world two years a go.[/QUOTE]

Did you read post #3 ?

It is great that you were willing to adopt both dogs together. Have you and your family gone to the spca or any shelters/rescues in your area? There are always lots of dogs looking for forever homes.

Good luck and don't forget to post when you find a new fuzzbutt. :goodvibes: