Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Gardening (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   TeeHee I did it (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=54896)

Chris21711 July 29th, 2008 11:02 AM

TeeHee I did it

1 Attachment(s)
Step right up folks :D

My first flowers on my Lantana:
[ATTACH]39643[/ATTACH]

14+kitties July 29th, 2008 12:08 PM

Very very nice Chris!!!!
See, all your hard work, love and perserverance paid off. Your lantana is beautiful!! :thumbs up
Mine won't make that size till next year. No flowers this year. :sad:

Chris21711 July 29th, 2008 12:27 PM

The colours did not come out as nice as they really are. I was looking in a mag yesterday and there is a pic of one in there just like the topiarys they have in Newmarket, I will try and take a photo of it and see how it turns out. I haven't been downtown Newmarket for a while so I have seen theirs, my g/f says they have them again.

I need to put it in a bigger pot, I think it is pretty rootbound.

14+kitties July 29th, 2008 12:33 PM

Good idea for the bigger pot! I just don't have any motivation lately to do much outside. :sad: I need to force myself to get back out there.
The topiary would take a year or so to do. It has to get to a good size before you can start cutting and trimming. I wish I had the room in the greenhouses to do that.

hazelrunpack July 29th, 2008 10:38 PM

It's beautiful, Chris! :cloud9: :highfive: So how long does lantana bloom? Will it put out more flowers till frost now?

Chris21711 July 30th, 2008 10:40 AM

14k - do you think it will be that quick to reach a height of 4 feet or so. I bought a bigger pot yesterday, was going to transplant today but the weather is crabby :sad:

Hazel - it did flower until frost last year, and it did get zapped and I thought boohoo but cut off the wilted part and it came back.

I post another pic once it has more blooms on it.

Chris21711 September 7th, 2008 12:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This is how my Lantana was looking about a week ago, if you look in the upper part of the pic on the left hand side, you can see green berries, these come after the flower dies and then they turn to black.
[ATTACH]41201[/ATTACH]

This is the variegated Phlox that I bought earlier in the summer, still didn't plant it yet [SIZE="1"][COLOR="Blue"] shame on me [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[ATTACH]41202[/ATTACH]

onster September 7th, 2008 12:08 PM

OOOH OOH..brings back sooooo many memories. If I hadnt seen a pic I wouldnt have known what it was (ok so i dont know bird or plant species at all, lol). These flowers are everywhere in the middle east/Egypt. We had some in our garden and in the social club I used to go every weekend...so many memories.

I didnt know they grew in this climate? Are they perrenial?

Sooo pretty! Now I want some!

onster September 7th, 2008 12:08 PM

I used to make lil boquets of them (yes yes I cut the flowers :o) and give them to my mom :lovestruck:

onster September 7th, 2008 12:10 PM

Ive never seen the purple kind before....those are nice too :D

Chris21711 September 7th, 2008 01:22 PM

[QUOTE=onster;653429]
I didnt know they grew in this climate? Are they perrenial?

Sooo pretty! Now I want some![/QUOTE]

What on earth are you doing in the gardening forum :eek: No Onster they do not last the winter in our climate but they will grow outside until frost. Last year I had them in a pot and brought it in over the winter, I'm trying to get it growing into a topiary (they have them in the town near us and look cool). I think 14k is trying to nurture some in her greenhouse. Also - not now - but in the early summer, some nurseries have them for sale as annuals.

onster September 7th, 2008 01:31 PM

We dont really have space in our garden for annuals :sad:

:cry:why cant onster be in the gardening section??? :sad: I mean I dont have a black them....its just not green either lol

Chris21711 September 7th, 2008 05:06 PM

[QUOTE=onster;653452]We dont really have space in our garden for annuals :sad:

:cry:why cant onster be in the gardening section??? :sad: I mean I dont have a black them....its just not green either lol[/QUOTE]

I only plant annuals in Pots Onster, none in my garden, you can put a pot anywhere :shrug:

Frenchy September 7th, 2008 07:31 PM

[QUOTE=Chris21711;653519] you can put pot anywhere :shrug:[/QUOTE]

You can ? :p

14+kitties September 7th, 2008 09:26 PM

you can put pot anywhere :shrug:

Is that what you call poetic lisence Frenchy? :rolleyes:

[img]http://bestsmileys.com/smoking/9.gif[/img]