Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum for cats and dogs (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   IT was that look (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=62786)

Jim Hall May 14th, 2009 09:45 PM

IT was that look

1 Attachment(s)
It was the look. two years ago, a few months after Gimpy ,a liitle 3 legged kit I inherited passed away.

I met a woman named Leslie who runs Here Kitty Kitty.

She allowed me inside her cattery,OH my so many cats!!

After playing around and getting rubs all over, I notiiced this one pretty calico laying in an open crate just,watching us.

After she told me astreya's tale which was horrific to say the least.
I went over with a treat in my hand, layed it halfway to me a few feet away and talaked to Leslie

After a while she came out and grabbed the treat and ran back to where she was.

A Few days later I went back and she would still give that look, and one day she was suddenly by my feet,not scared, but well like she was waiting or...judging.

I now knew she was the one. It was the look I have grown to know and it never fails to fill me with wonder.

I have never kept a shy,scared kitty before,and the first 2 months were spent laying on the floor next to my bed reading to her
Then she apperead at the bedroom door one night with that look.

My Quiet DU, you never complain, you just wait patiently for me. You appear by my side and look at me, and I melt.

My brave pretty girl, you are sleeping beside me even as I type this. If I call your name or reach down to touch you, I know you will start to purr.
So softly that you really, really. really have to listen. You have to be quiet in yourself.

I am certain now that we have met in other lifes, and if the Lord Buddah allows,we will meet again after this journey is over.

I have kept cats and dogs and etc etc all my life, but this has been the most profundly satisfying and moving experiance I have ever had with an animal.

Thank you Leslie.

Thank you esp Maria my Sweetheart and another brave girrrlll. I know you wanted a friendly Kit to play with < but you have grown to love DU as much or maybe more than me.

Winston May 14th, 2009 09:53 PM

Jim what a precious tribute to your sweet girl! I remember those days! I used to tell you just take baby steps! so glad you did! it is such a profound experience to have that love!

I saved my 2 and to see how they have grown and forgotten the abuse never ceases to amaze me! they are amazing creatures.

Jim Hall May 14th, 2009 10:40 PM

ty winston i didnt realise yours were like that to

hazelrunpack May 14th, 2009 11:40 PM

What a great adventure you and Diva DU have had, Jim! :cloud9: And what a wonderful tribute to her! So this is an anniversary for the two of you!
[I][B]
[font="Comic Sans MS"][size=5][COLOR="Magenta"]Congratulations, DU[/COLOR][/size][/font]...[/B][/I]and you, too, Jim! :D

Love4himies May 15th, 2009 07:31 AM

Awww, Jim what a wonderful tribute to miss diva DU. :lovestruck:.

ancientgirl May 15th, 2009 07:53 AM

Jim, I remember when I first joined, reading your posts about DU. She's really come a long way and your love and persistence paid off.

cpietra16 May 15th, 2009 07:58 AM

awwww, Jim. Thats is such a beautiful story...

Jim Hall May 15th, 2009 08:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
ty heres my fav pic of her by my computer

Mat&Murph May 15th, 2009 10:11 AM

Awww :lovestruck: :cloud9: Nice tribute and beatiful pics!!1

Chris21711 May 15th, 2009 10:30 AM

That is so sweet Jim, I'm sure you will meet in the afterlife as you both know it now :cloud9:

rainbow May 15th, 2009 02:49 PM

:lovestruck: Beautiful tribute to your beautiful girl. :lovestruck:

And, WOW ......you really can type in English. :eek: :laughing:

Love4himies May 15th, 2009 06:01 PM

[QUOTE=rainbow;780310]:lovestruck: Beautiful tribute to your beautiful girl. :lovestruck:

And, WOW ......you really can type in English. :eek: :laughing:[/QUOTE]

:laughing::laughing:, he is such a typical man, but a man with a big heart :lovestruck:

14+kitties May 15th, 2009 06:07 PM

:cry: That was beautiful Jim! Thank you for sharing. I missed that part of your story. I joined after you had already adopted Ms Diva DU. She is a lucky girl. You are a luckier man.

Rainbow - you slay me! I was thinking the same thing! Wow! Jim can type English!!

adammo May 15th, 2009 07:15 PM

I must echo what 14+kitties said as well. I joined this form to learn about introducing my cat and kitten, and don't know much of the history of others. This tribute gave me the chills, it was really nice!

I had a similar story with our family puppy when I was younger (RIP Cody). My family and I went to see puppies at the SPCA. One came up to us and was so happy to see us. We wer ready to take it until we saw this other one who was kind of just lurking in the background. He came up and gave us a nice lick in the hand. We took Cody home.

krdahmer May 15th, 2009 07:42 PM

Aw Jim that is beautiful! And the little Diva has come such a long way.... I am always amazed at the resilient souls these little creatures possess! How amazingly they rebound with love and affection! :grouphug::cat:

Dee-O-Gee May 15th, 2009 09:51 PM

Such a beautiful heart-felt warm story Jim. :cloud9:

It sounds like Ms. Du is loved--and you and Maria are just a loved. :lovestruck:

growler~GateKeeper May 16th, 2009 02:30 AM

Wonderful tribute to beautiful Diva DU :cloud9:

Congrats on your 2 yr anniversary with your precious grrl :thumbs up