Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum for cats and dogs (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Reporting Posts? (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=3766)

Chany April 2nd, 2004 10:35 AM

Reporting Posts?

A couple of times now I've checked "Who's online" and seen guest- reporting a post. Who are they reporting to and why?

Chany April 2nd, 2004 01:47 PM

O.K. since no one is going to answer, I'll get this rolling myself...
I'm assuming they're reporting a post to the moderator or administration but I'd like to know which post they're finding offensive and what business is it of theirs??

Catt31 April 2nd, 2004 02:14 PM

Not sure Chany...... I've never seen that before!!! You go girl!!! :D

Luba April 2nd, 2004 03:49 PM

I have no idear what u are talking about
where do u see this, fill a girl in

Chany April 2nd, 2004 03:55 PM

If you go down to the bottom of this page, or any of them, there's a box(?)that says forum jump. Scroll through and you'll see "Who's online". Go to that and it will say who's here and what they're doing at that time. Whenever I check it shows Guests and what they're doing. There is almost always someone registering and a couple of times I've seen guest reporting posts. So it got me wondering.... Why would they bother to report posts?

Luba April 2nd, 2004 03:59 PM

GOTCHA

I never nosied around there in the drop down menu

I see one reporting a post now

Probably something I said LMAO

Chany April 2nd, 2004 04:05 PM

hehehe! That's what I always think too! Not just you, but maybe something I've said,or LR,or mona_b or whoever.
But then it just pisses me off because if you don't like it then don't come back or better yet register and tell us what you don't like about it. Maybe they'd have a valid point or maybe they should get off the computer and go see what their kids are up to?
:D :D

Luba April 2nd, 2004 04:10 PM

Chany your sooo funny !!!

If Marko was worried about it we would hear about it! ;)

I wouldn't worry, we're all pretty good gals'guys in here ;) and offer some excellent advise if I do say so!

(I love easter but hate the fact I eat too many chocolate eggs HELP ME!!!!!!!!)

LuvMyDog April 2nd, 2004 04:40 PM

well, well... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: gutless lil snitches :p :p LOL ;)

i agree with Chany; why don't they register & confront the member who placed the post like an ADULT instead of "running to the moderator" like a child... :rolleyes:

uummm... i think i'd be curious to know which post they're complaining about too.... LMFO ;);)

Catt31 April 2nd, 2004 05:07 PM

Well I'll be damned!!! They do that quite often throughout the day!!! Usually if someone is "unhappy" they will post a thread and let us have it....LOL (happened to me);)

Apparently hiding behind their computer screen is not enough, they must go and tattle!!! GRRRRRRRRRRR....my students tattle alllll the time...drives me mental!!! :mad:

Well, to any guests reading and reporting any posts....please feel free to grow some balls and let us know whats up yer @$$ !! hehheheh:eek:

Luba April 2nd, 2004 05:26 PM

SHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I should come on as a guest and report you lmao

mona_b April 2nd, 2004 06:11 PM

OK OK,I confess.I am the guest and I have reported your spinniness Chany.....:D

NOT.....LOL

I crack me up.:D

BUT,as Luba said,if we were bad little girls and boys,Marko would let us know and he would give us a time out.:eek:

Chany,for as long as I have been on this site,I never knew you can tell if someone was reporting a post.

LMFAO @ Catt31."Grow some balls"..I would love to see that....K,I'm pissing myself here...You guys crack me up.

Chany April 2nd, 2004 07:57 PM

See what I mean, the spinniness is contagious!!:D :D
I wasn't too worried Luba, I just hate the behind the back crap, I mean I think I outgrew that many,many,many,many (well you see where I'm going with that :D )years ago. Phew that was a long sentence!!
I knew it was you mona_b!!!!!!!:D ;)
I remember your post Catt31, wasn't that something to do with spelling??!!LMAO
No seriously though I love to argue, so I would enjoy someone saying it to my face. I think I may have opened up a GIANT can of worms. And no Catt you can't have them for your zoo!!;)

chico2 April 3rd, 2004 10:01 AM

IMO,you are ALL bad and should be reported:D
Seriously I think it's in case we suspect abuse,puppy-mills etc..or if someone uses BAD language like F%$k!!!
So you BAD girls are in danger of being kicked off:D :D :D

Chany April 3rd, 2004 10:15 AM

LMAO, uh chico you just joined the BAD girls because of your last post. Tsk!Tsk!Tsk! LOL!!!

Catt31 April 3rd, 2004 10:48 AM

Yes Chany it was about spelling and grammar!! That wasn't you was it???? LMAO (just kidding darlin'!!)

It was ridiculous - I guess I was hard on that person, but
sh!t.....if I'm looking for an intelligent website for help or advice, I want to be sure its from an intelligent person...or at least someone who can spell!! :cool:

It was frustrating reading posts that made NO sense becausse of poor grammar and poor spelling (I suppose that is the teacher in me!!!) :rolleyes: Once or twice in a post is ok, I can deal with that, or if its a big word.......but it was like every second word is spelled wrong....ARGHHHHHH!!!!

Anyways, I'm a bit more laid back now...... NOT!! Regardless, the poor grammar criminals haven't been back!! Thats my venting for the day....I know I'm a nasty B@#$* but I'm darn funny!!! ;)

Poor spellers of the world UNTIE!!!!

LMFAO :D

Luba April 3rd, 2004 12:42 PM

Remember you have no idea if Marko is really one of us, pretending to be on our side ;)

LOL

Spoiled April 3rd, 2004 01:24 PM

[QUOTE]OK OK,I confess.I am the guest and I have reported your spinniness Chany..... [/QUOTE]

Hey... you didn't post that on April 1st.:D

Lucky Rescue April 3rd, 2004 01:28 PM

That does it. I'm reporting ALL of you!:cool:

Spoiled April 3rd, 2004 01:34 PM

But before you do, think again before you report me. What did I say that was "bad"?:D

chico2 April 3rd, 2004 02:21 PM

Oh,Oh...I'm in trouble,a teacher on board.....:D seeing this is my second(I'm not sure what they mean by that!!!)or third language I might be forgiven for some transgressions:(

furryangels April 4th, 2004 01:06 AM

I'm new here I found this site about 2 weeks ago and I love it...There's lots of info to be found....

And I agree with all of you!!!...But how would one grow balls anyway?...lol...

Pretty chicken poop (I wanted to put the other word...but I didn't want a time-out!!!!!! LOL) of them not to register and complain to all of us...

I was reading all the post under ths thread...And I was killing myself lauging...(How's my spelling?....lol)

Lisa

Iggette April 4th, 2004 06:20 AM

yup glad I came here this mornin' good for a mornin' funny

ROTFPMPL:D :D :D :D :D

amaruq April 4th, 2004 09:16 AM

I believe in saying what's on my mind...sometimes it gets me into trouble. I think the tattle button is there is someone is really offensive. We had a troll not that far back I believe?
Oh cripes I'm the worst speller. And Gramar! :rolleyes: So don't no one report me cause I got fat or lazy fingers lol!

Catt31 April 4th, 2004 09:31 AM

No worries you guys!!! I won't tattle!! Don't worry about the spelling or grammar either, that person just irked me and I said how I felt and she freaked!! Can't help it, I say whats on my mind too..... Anyways, I won't tattle on people I like!!! ;)

Now I feel like everyone is going to be watching what they say....boooooo hoooooooooooooo whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:( (hehehheeh - I'm such a drama queen!!! )

As per the growing balls.....there is a secret recipe for it! I could tell ya, but I'd have to kill ya!!! MWAHAHHAHAHHAAH (just kidding Marko...honest!!) Don't slap my wrists please!!! :eek:

marko April 4th, 2004 12:22 PM

Hi All,

To all you curious ones...

Sometimes the many thousands of people that use this board weekly simply explore the board and its features. So when one of you curious georges or georgettes looked and saw 'report a bad post activity' PROBABLY all that person was doing was exploring... though it LOOKED like they were reporting...

PLEASE Note: To all users - This is STILL a family board. Sure I'm a laid back admin most of the time, but lately many have been using fairly liberal language or omitting letters in obviously rude words. Mosts posts are fine but be aware of the MANY people that use this board who are underaged and the many who are conservative minded.

As usual you can always contact me directly at [email]marko@pets.ca[/email] if there are any questions or issues.

Thanks for all the posts and pics,

Marko
Admin