Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Goose (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=34566)

badger December 27th, 2006 05:21 PM

Goose

1 Attachment(s)
This is Goose, who has been camping on my back porch for a couple of weeks. I brought him into the bathroom this morning to apply some Revolution. He immediately installed himself on my knee, purring away.
Such a sweetheart.
But I'll have to turf him out, because there's no room at the inn! Now that the weather has turned, it seems so cruel.
Does anyone have a cranny for him?

brandynva December 27th, 2006 05:47 PM

Awww What a sweeeet looking kitty! If I lived closer I'd take him in. I hope you find a home for him quick. :fingerscr

poodletalk December 27th, 2006 06:09 PM

What a sweetie............

If only I could take a cat

Frenchy December 27th, 2006 07:25 PM

:sad: :( Poor baby . :fingerscr For finding him a new family, for those who don't know,I adopted one of Badger's rescues and he's the PERFECT cat. They just want to be love and have a house to live in. (and food and water of course :D ) I hope someone here will see your post (and mine :D ) and take this :cat: as a new family member. :fingerscr :pray:

rainbow December 27th, 2006 07:31 PM

Awwww, poor Goose......and he looks so sad. :sad: Fingers crossed that someone will take this little guy in and give him the love he deserves. :fingerscr :fingerscr

cpietra16 December 27th, 2006 07:55 PM

He looks like he's got some battle scares. i take it he's not neutured:sad:
I am still working with the 2 I got from Catsnatcher, or I would consider it. Have you tried Canine14...she may have some room:fingerscr

poodletalk December 29th, 2006 08:55 AM

Badger, can you please pm me your contact info. Thanks

badger January 2nd, 2007 02:16 AM

Goose had his shots and a once-over by the vet last week. No fever, excellent teeth (young, under two years). Very fleabitten, which is being dealt with; I haven't seen any leapers. This one will be getting a bath!
I'm really desperate to find a place for this guy, we're bursting at the seams. He has a sweet little character and would probably do fine with other cats if properly integrated.

chico2 January 8th, 2007 08:38 AM

Badger,he certainly looks like he needs a lot of loving,battlescars and all..you are wonderful as usual and I hope you find a solution for him,maybe Poodletalk has one:fingerscr :pray:
Good luck with the bath:thumbs up

badger January 8th, 2007 10:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Chico. Goose had his snip and is doing well. After two weeks of care, he is slowly coming out of his cocoon. So far, he is very gentle but not at all social, and he has no interest in play. But then he has underdog (if you'll pardon the expression) written all over him. I have delayed the bath ordeal until he feels more confident.
So if anyone would like to pamper this guy and show him how good life can be, don't hesitate to PM me!
A little tomcat 'hauteur'...notice the body/head disproportion, so common in stray toms.

chico2 January 8th, 2007 04:55 PM

Aww Badger,to me he looks wonderful,there is something about these little survivors that is amazing and he already looks better than in the first pic.
Goose has a proud look about him as if he's saying"Bring it on,I can take it!!"
I like the big yowls and heads on a cat,I wish I could take him,he sooo deserves an easier life..but at least he has you:love: :cat:

Frenchy January 8th, 2007 09:31 PM

He looks so proud , good luck Goose :fingerscr

poodletalk January 15th, 2007 03:03 PM

How was the adoption day on Saturday?

I know you weren't going to bring Goose, but one of your other cats available for adoption.

badger January 15th, 2007 03:52 PM

Thanks for asking, Poodletalk. In fact, we have delayed it for at least a week. I was just getting over the flu and in any case, Goose is not quite ready. For the first time today, he's hanging out (warily) with the other cats and so far so good.
Believe me, when a cat finally exits the ménage, I won't hold back!

chico2 January 15th, 2007 04:41 PM

He would be sooo easy to fall in love with and pamper for the rest of his life:lovestruck:
Aren't people who look for a cat to adopt,mostly looking for a beautiful,maybe longhaired one?
To me Goose is beautiful,battlescars and all,but maybe he is not a kitty people would fight to get:sad:

cpietra16 January 15th, 2007 05:04 PM

I'm glad he's in your care...I know you hear this from everyone...but I truely wish I had 1 extra room..I would take in so many others...:sad:

poodletalk January 15th, 2007 05:17 PM

To me Goose is very cute! If I could, I would adopt him in a minute.

At adoption days, you never really know what people are looking for until you start talking to them. Sometimes cats like Goose have an advantage over "perfect" looking cats because they get the sympathy vote.

chico2 January 15th, 2007 05:31 PM

PT,I hope so,I think he is absolutely perfect and thank's to Badger,in perfect health:cat:

destine1983 January 20th, 2007 03:47 AM

Have you found a home for him yet? If not, I may be able to take him in for a little while until he finds a permanent home. I would adopt him, but my hubby thinks we have enough with two kids under 4 and our other cat. Who knows, maybe he can fall in love with him since my hubby has battle scars as well, they can bond. Lol.
;)

rainbow February 22nd, 2007 02:06 PM

Any updates on Goose? :fingerscr

Lucky Rescue February 24th, 2007 10:32 PM

Badger, I was talking to my brother tonight, and he's seriously considering adopting Goose.

He lost his 16 year old cat not too long ago, so is not sure he's ready for another. If he decides to take him, I can vouch that he's a good home!

I lost your email addy. Can you send it to me? [email]laurent376@hotmail.com[/email]

chico2 February 25th, 2007 08:15 AM

:fingerscr :fingerscr Luckys brother and Goose:fingerscr :fingerscr

badger February 25th, 2007 09:45 AM

He wouldn't be sorry!

Lucky Rescue February 25th, 2007 10:54 AM

I can't promise anything, and I can't pressure him even though I feel like beating him over the head and saying "TAKE THAT CAT"!:laughing:

Every time he comes over, I always ask if he wants a cat, and he always says "NO!" This time, he said, "Maybe". I showed him Goose's pics and he liked him.

IF he decides, I'll have him call you to discuss.

:fingerscr :pray:

Frenchy February 25th, 2007 01:16 PM

:fingerscr for Goose :goodvibes:

Frenchy August 12th, 2007 05:21 PM

bump bump

Goose is still looking for his forever family , will help with transport if needed , only for the best forever family tough.

rainbow August 12th, 2007 05:40 PM

Good luck to Goose. :fingerscr :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

growler~GateKeeper August 12th, 2007 05:42 PM

Goose is sooo :cloud9: cute - just look @ that first pic.

Come on East-Coasters Goose wants to come home w/you

:goodvibes: :fingerscr

chico2 August 13th, 2007 06:46 AM

OMG,I just adore that tough/sweet battlescared face,tough because he at one time had to be,sweet because he is just asking to be cuddled and loved..:lovestruck:

Love4himies August 14th, 2007 11:24 AM

[QUOTE=chico2;463714]OMG,I just adore that tough/sweet battlescared face,tough because he at one time had to be,sweet because he is just asking to be cuddled and loved..:lovestruck:[/QUOTE]

Well chico, he is waiting to be adopted by somebody like you who would give him those cuddles...