Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce yourself here - Say hello (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Hi (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=80996)

jmurray7 May 7th, 2012 07:50 PM

Hi

1 Attachment(s)
I'm a proud parent to two cats, and one 8 month old puppy. One of my cats is diabetic and has been for 4 years my husband and I have to inject insulin twice a day and check her levels often. I do have a question regarding my puppy, we saved him and were told he's a husky mix, but we don't know with what. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas?

I tried posting this before and since I am new I apologize if it's posted twice

sugarcatmom May 7th, 2012 10:54 PM

Welcome to pets.ca, jmurray7!! [img]http://smileyshack.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/welcome-board.gif[/img]

I also have a diabetic cat (just turned 19 and he's had diabetes for 9 years). It can be challenging but also extremely rewarding to have a special needs pet.

Yer pup sure is a cutie! Got any pics of the rest of your furry family?

marko May 8th, 2012 08:31 AM

Welcome to the board!

Could be a few breeds in there. Possibly Lab, and although the shape of the head is all wrong the white zones above the eyes look a bit Rottweillerish.

hazelrunpack May 8th, 2012 11:19 AM

Sure is a sweetie, whatever he is! Welcome to the board, jmurray7!

jmurray7 May 9th, 2012 06:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for welcoming me :) I know I was told he was a husky mix, which I can see, but the other part is a mystery....Here is a pic of the rest of the fam...the orange and white one is Max (the diabetic) and Seth is all orange. I am so happy to have found this forum :thumbs up

marko May 10th, 2012 08:35 AM

What a lovely family - thx for sharin' the pix - got more? :D

hazelrunpack May 10th, 2012 08:51 AM

Beautiful kitties, too, jmurray! :flirt:

jmurray7 May 10th, 2012 06:57 PM

[QUOTE=marko;1039617]What a lovely family - thx for sharin' the pix - got more? :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks :) I have a lot of pics, my fur babies mean the world to me

jmurray7 May 10th, 2012 06:58 PM

[QUOTE=marko;1039500]Welcome to the board!

Could be a few breeds in there. Possibly Lab, and although the shape of the head is all wrong the white zones above the eyes look a bit Rottweillerish.[/QUOTE]

I was actually thinking about getting DNA testing so that I can figure it out, and also what kind of health problems I can prevent in the future.....I was also trying to figure out what his adult size would be.

jmurray7 May 10th, 2012 06:59 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;1039621]Beautiful kitties, too, jmurray! :flirt:[/QUOTE]

jmurray7 May 10th, 2012 07:01 PM

[QUOTE=jmurray7;1039593]Thanks for welcoming me :) I know I was told he was a husky mix, which I can see, but the other part is a mystery....Here is a pic of the rest of the fam...the orange and white one is Max (the diabetic) and Seth is all orange. I am so happy to have found this forum :thumbs up[/QUOTE]

I should add both cats were adopted from the local humane society, and Cooper I got from an ad online that was going to bring him to the humane society if he wasn't sold when he was 10 weeks old.

marko May 11th, 2012 09:11 AM

Thanks for adopting! DNA testing is a good idea if you are that curious .

pbpatti May 11th, 2012 09:17 AM

Welcome jmurray, thanks for posting pictures of your beautiful fur family before we had to beg....:D

chico2 May 11th, 2012 06:32 PM

Beautiful kitties and your pup is too,I believe you can clearly see Husky in him and maybe Lab,but I am certainly not a dogexpert.
How does he get along with the cats?
Also,thank you for adopting:thumbs up

jmurray7 May 12th, 2012 08:51 PM

Thanks :) Well I agree with you I'm thinking there is lab in there too. At first the cats didn't care for him but the younger of the two has come around a little. I think they find him a little annoying lol. He wants to play with them, but they aren't interested, I'm sure with time it will be change.