Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Newspaper Articles of Interest (animal/pet related) from Around the World (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Animals being poisoned in NDG (Montreal)!!!! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=70736)

diandpat June 7th, 2010 06:10 PM

Animals being poisoned in NDG (Montreal)!!!!

[url]http://watch.ctv.ca/news/clip310828#clip310828[/url]

This was on the news tonight...sickening :yell:

Frenchy June 7th, 2010 06:56 PM

I watched the video :( this is too cruel :( I'm hoping this will wake people up , so they'll keep their cats INDOORS !!!

:offtopic: at the end of the french news program , they announced that a 20 day old baby was killed by a dog in Monteregie (St-Barnabé Sud) they didn't have too much details because it happened late this afternoon. The dog is a husky that belongs to a couple that is living with the baby's family. Horrible ....

cell June 7th, 2010 07:16 PM

This is the exact area I live, the park that people were being interviewed in is just up the road from us. There is a skunk that lives near us and we see him in the back alley and at the park behind our house.
Leo and I have seen the skunk(s) several times on our evening walks and it's amusing and harmless, I've even nick named it "the garbage skunk"
We smell spray maybe once a month.

I find weird food outside all the time and am always paranoid about things Leo picks up, usually its chicken bones, but stuff like bread and steak (I actually pulled a huge chunk of steak from Leo's mouth at the park) left laying outside gets me particularly leery considering the stories of poisonings that I have read on here.

I really hope the SPCA gets to the bottom of this one and I hope other people don't see this report and decide it's a smart idea and lay out more junk to try and kill urban wildlife.

Shaykeija June 7th, 2010 09:47 PM

:rip: you poor beautiful creatures...:(

cell June 8th, 2010 08:09 AM

Leo and I went to the park this morning again and he found ANOTHER piece of steak, on the other side of the park. Luckily I was close to him and grabbed him and pried it from his mouth, and it was too big for him to gulp down quickly... :wall:

diandpat June 8th, 2010 10:57 AM

Have you thought of bringing these steaks somewhere to get them tested for poisoning? This would scare me a lot!

Can't believe how heartless some people are :yell:

hazelrunpack June 8th, 2010 11:08 AM

I was thinking the same thing, diandpat! How often would you normally see steak thrown down in a park? Not something that seems all that likely...

BenMax June 8th, 2010 11:32 AM

I heard and I am sick to my stomach.
I hope they find the prick!

ancientgirl June 8th, 2010 11:57 AM

What is the malfunction in the brains of these people? :(

cell June 8th, 2010 12:47 PM

where could the meat be taken to be tested, and do you think I would be charged to get it tested? If Leo finds another piece I will definitely look into a testing.
I know it is BBQ season, and people go to the park to BBQ and maybe think its better to just toss the meat instead of garbaging it but it has me too suspicious to take chances.

hazelrunpack June 8th, 2010 12:49 PM

Oh, I didn't realize it was a picnic park... :o That would make it less suspicious to find discarded meat.

Will the health department do testing like that? Maybe call the police and ask if they know where you could have it tested?

cell June 8th, 2010 12:55 PM

Well it's a small urban park, people will BBQ anywhere with a portable here since most people don't have room at the apartments to BBQ or for a group of people. There is a large Astroturf field that has soccer games, a Italian lawn bowling/social area, 2 play grounds, a children water park and some green space. The meat we found was cooked both times.

Bluedrake June 9th, 2010 05:18 AM

Arrrg! Why are there so many morons in the world? Can't they just call animal control? They provide traps to take them to other areas.:yell: