Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE) (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Lost Cat- Brossard,QC (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=63269)

shazy June 6th, 2009 12:25 PM

Lost Cat- Brossard,QC

2 Attachment(s)
Lost 1 year Old Male Cat.

Smuggles is a black and white cat (Looks like a cow cat) with a black tail. It's belly is completely white. Also he is nutered.

He was lost since Friday, June 6th and cannot seem to find him anywhere on the street.

He left our house on Rue Schubert, which is on Stravinski Street.

Please contact Murtaza or Hamza if you have any info about our cat at (514)-730-1106 or (514)-826-6641.

BMDLuver June 6th, 2009 01:02 PM

Please check daily at your local animal control, don't call there, physically check. I hope you find him.

Forgot to mention, put his litter box outside by one of your entrances. This will help guide him home as well.

shazy June 6th, 2009 01:11 PM

Thanks for the tip. I was thinking of doing that, but my friend told me it was useless, smart friend huh? I'm going to do that right now so he can come home again. Also, I called the SPCA monteregie and I will try to find a local animal center around Brossard, but don't know where they are.

BMDLuver June 6th, 2009 01:18 PM

[url]http://scdd.qc.ca/cms/index.php[/url]

This place you must go to as they are not helpful over the phone. Give them a flyer with his photo. Fill out a lost animal report and request to see all strays. Do that daily. I know it sounds nuts but if they do collect him, it's the easiest way to ensure you get him back. Also ask them if they have picked up any injured or dead cats meeting his description. Sorry I know that's awful to say but it's important to keep drilling them politely with questions.

Contact all vet clinics in your area as well in case someone brought in an injured cat meeting your description.

shazy June 6th, 2009 01:40 PM

Thank you. I'll do as much as I can.

chico2 June 6th, 2009 04:34 PM

Also,when you go out looking for him,go very early in the morning,or at night,when things are quiet.
Shaking a treat-bag could help.
If he is an indoor cat,he's probably not far away,check with all your neighbors,in bushes,sheds,garages...
Hope you find him,he is very pretty:pray:

shazy June 6th, 2009 08:36 PM

I have some good news! I found out that he was on our street! He was in the back playing and then when we went to go get him, he somehow jumped a 6 foot fence! My brother just went right now and we tried to track him down, but we lost him. :(

I'll try 2 morow morning(like 7am) to look for him as he and his friends were together. I'm just glad he's alive and nothing happened to him.

chico2 June 7th, 2009 07:28 AM

That's is at least something,hopefully he'll let himself get caught today:fingerscr
Is he used to go outside?

cpietra16 June 7th, 2009 11:20 AM

He won;t leave your area..if he was in the back yard, chances are he's very close...he'll be back...good luck

shazy June 7th, 2009 12:55 PM

He's an outside cat, but I don't understand, he's never done this before. Someone told me that as my outside cat gets older, he'll leave for more than 2 or 3 days before coming back! There's no way I'm letting my cat doing this again.... Is there any punishment (obviously not hitting) I should do to prevent him from doing this?

chico2 June 7th, 2009 03:51 PM

shazy,you do not punish the cat,he does not realize he's done something bad,just try to keep him inside more,or all together.
Since he is an outside cat,he will be back,certainly when he gets hungry:cat:

BenMax June 7th, 2009 05:18 PM

I am from Brossard myself. I live in the R section and will keep my eyes peeled.

Seriously - need to go every 3 days to SCDD. They kill every 3 days.

Put out posters and signs in the gorcery stores around you. Someone must know something.

shazy June 7th, 2009 06:01 PM

... WTF... they kill animals every 3 days? That's just messed up. Yeah if he doesn't come back by today or 2 morow morning I guess I have to do exactly that. SCDD Is a bit far, but I'll try to go every 2nd day.

shazy June 9th, 2009 05:27 PM

Still no luck finding him :(

shazy June 9th, 2009 06:34 PM

is there an spca in Longueil?

BenMax June 10th, 2009 08:27 AM

[QUOTE=shazy;789211]is there an spca in Longueil?[/QUOTE]

No - just SCDD. Did you try SPCA Monteregie just in case? It is a no kill shelter.

shazy June 12th, 2009 07:58 AM

[QUOTE=BenMax;789326]No - just SCDD. Did you try SPCA Monteregie just in case? It is a no kill shelter.[/QUOTE]

The SPCA doesn't have it and SCDD don't have it. I just got my flyers laminated so now I can put them up.

lauriel June 12th, 2009 08:41 AM

hey Shazy... I lost my cat as well 3 mornings ago and I am loosing my mind. Where in Brossard do you live? I live in the B section... if you live close by I will def. keep a look out for your cat.

In the meantime, if anyone sees a large male grey and white (on the underbelly)domestic with long fur and right ear that is broken, please please let me know.

diandpat June 12th, 2009 08:50 AM

[QUOTE=lauriel;789915]hey Shazy... I lost my cat as well 3 mornings ago and I am loosing my mind. Where in Brossard do you live? I live in the B section... if you live close by I will def. keep a look out for your cat.

In the meantime, if anyone sees a large male grey and white (on the underbelly)domestic with long fur and right ear that is broken, please please let me know.[/QUOTE]

Lauriel, that is very nice of you to keep an eye out for Shazy's cat. I am also sorry to hear that your cat is missing. I would suggest that you open your own thread in the "lost and found" thread with a pic of your own cat to get a better response.
:goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes: to both of you!

shazy June 16th, 2009 08:07 AM

[QUOTE=lauriel;789915]hey Shazy... I lost my cat as well 3 mornings ago and I am loosing my mind. Where in Brossard do you live? I live in the B section... if you live close by I will def. keep a look out for your cat.

In the meantime, if anyone sees a large male grey and white (on the underbelly)domestic with long fur and right ear that is broken, please please let me know.[/QUOTE]

Lauriel I live in the S Section of Brossard, on Schubert Street. So Far I haven't gotten any response and I have lost much of my hope to find him. He's been gone for 11 days now and I don't know what to do. :(

BenMax June 16th, 2009 01:37 PM

Do not rely on SCDD to tell you if your cats are found. You MUST go there every 3 days. Leaving a picture with them does not do the trick. You must go.

SPCA Monteregie however will advise you if the cat is with them. Regardless, you should go and see for yourself. Also, bring them a picture.

Best of luck to both of you.

shazy June 18th, 2009 11:35 AM

[QUOTE=BenMax;790981]Do not rely on SCDD to tell you if your cats are found. You MUST go there every 3 days. Leaving a picture with them does not do the trick. You must go.

SPCA Monteregie however will advise you if the cat is with them. Regardless, you should go and see for yourself. Also, bring them a picture.

Best of luck to both of you.[/QUOTE]

I did exactly that. SPCA Monteregie said they would redirect me to another place. They told be about SCDD, Which I already know of, and something Blanc.

shazy July 4th, 2009 01:07 AM

bump, still no luck :(

chico2 July 4th, 2009 07:30 AM

Aww,I was hoping for some good news:sad:

shazy July 15th, 2009 12:24 AM

dont know what to do anymore.... no one has called me or my brother and pet shops havent found him :(

woofendog September 30th, 2012 09:26 AM

Missing cat Brossard

To set the record straight, SPCA Monteregie does not have the contract for Brossard. AMR Animal Services (Refuge AMR) has the contract. Check their website for photos of animals they have picked up. There was recently a story (Brossard Eclair) where they picked up a mother cat leaving the two kittens to fend for themselves. The cat was euthanized within hours. And this cat was abducted from the backyard of the kind person who was feeding her. With Brossard's newly created and poorly thought out animal control bylaw it would appear that it is now open season on any cat that is left outside in Brossard. Better to keep you cats inside. Another story in the Brossard Eclair this past year concerned a cat who was shot in the leg resulting in amputation of the leg. If you must leave your cat outside, make sure there is a collar with identification. As to the new bylaw which the mayor stated was formulated with the help of the SPCA (HE doesen't state what SPCA), there has been much opposition. Now the mayor has stated that this bylaw will be re-examined. Hopefully the public will have the chance to take part. His last gang of experts (unidentified) leaves much to be desired. You can read the details of this bylaw at Ville de Brossard.ca. Hope you found your cat. He or she appears to have a collar. I do not want to get your expectaions up but there is a white and black cat hanging around my backyard with the black cat that I have been trying to find a home for years. Very fearfull but I will try to post a picture. Good luck.