Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Off topic forum (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Chat (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=6735)

Sneaky2006 August 26th, 2004 01:00 AM

Chat

I was wondering if there will ever be a chat on pets.ca in the future?

Cactus Flower August 26th, 2004 08:53 AM

What a GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!

Where do I sign that petition?

Oh Maaaaaaarko......yooo hooo........... :D

Writing4Fun August 26th, 2004 09:03 AM

OMG a CHAT ROOM?! :eek: With this bunch?! I can see the headlines now ... "Overheated Keyboards Blamed On Pets.ca - Hundreds of web surfers suffer burns from their overworked keyboards as Pets.ca launches its new chatroom service. The keyboards have been reported to sponateously combust due to the increased frenzy with which their users have been typing as a result of this latest addition to the Pets.ca lineup..." :D

Princesss04 August 26th, 2004 11:07 AM

That does sound like a good idea! Where is Marko when you need him!!!! LOL :D

Luba August 26th, 2004 01:52 PM

Hmmmn that sounds like a really good idea!

Though we'd all end up getting fat flat butts :p

TalonsMa August 26th, 2004 02:18 PM

[QUOTE=Writing4Fun]OMG a CHAT ROOM?! :eek: With this bunch?! I can see the headlines now ... "Overheated Keyboards Blamed On Pets.ca - Hundreds of web surfers suffer burns from their overworked keyboards as Pets.ca launches its new chatroom service. The keyboards have been reported to sponateously combust due to the increased frenzy with which their users have been typing as a result of this latest addition to the Pets.ca lineup..." :D[/QUOTE]

LMAO!!

What a great Idea...a CHAT :D

dmc123 August 26th, 2004 05:45 PM

I love that idea!

Freyja August 26th, 2004 05:51 PM

Count me in

goldenblaze August 26th, 2004 08:17 PM

[QUOTE=Luba]Though we'd all end up getting fat flat butts :p[/QUOTE]

Hey at least we can blame that on someone other than ourself this time ;)

Sneaky2006 August 31st, 2004 09:23 PM

Just bringing this back up to the top!! Maybe someone will see it!
Who do I ask about this??

sammiec September 1st, 2004 08:00 AM

* bump again *

This looks like a great idea!! Marko would be the person to PM about this Sneaky!

Iggette September 1st, 2004 09:11 AM

Marko?????????

Bump again.....tee hee......What a great idea.....hubby wont like it though he thinks I spend to much time as it is :D

Princesss04 September 1st, 2004 09:27 AM

I think a chat would be a wonderful idea. HEY MARKO WHAT YOU THINKIN???? :D

sammiec September 1st, 2004 09:37 AM

Since we're on the topic of fun stuff for the board - what about new and imporve emoticons!! We need some more! I just love using them so much and there are really fun ones that would be great to add!! :cool:

badger September 1st, 2004 09:59 AM

I have yet to figure out how to use the little devils. Anybody feel like enlightening me? I mean the ones that appear 'inside' the message...

Sneaky2006 September 1st, 2004 10:29 AM

When typing your message, click on the 'Smilies' to the right of the message box. :) On the smilie you want.

sammiec September 2nd, 2004 08:19 AM

* bump again *

[CENTER]Maarrrkoooo!!![/CENTER]

iRONKNiGHT September 2nd, 2004 08:38 AM

Great Idea BUT?

[COLOR=DarkRed]Having a Chat is a great idea but i am sure it would take away most of you from Posting on the forum and instead taking up the Topic on the Chat...
i really would like Marko's imput!!
but you guys got my vote for a chat! :)[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=badger]I have yet to figure out how to use the little devils. Anybody feel like enlightening me? I mean the ones that appear 'inside' the message...[/QUOTE]
you mean this devil?[IMG]http://mitglied.lycos.de/diabloopi/forum/images/smilies/43.gif[/IMG]

Sneaky2006 September 2nd, 2004 10:00 AM

[QUOTE]Having a Chat is a great idea but i am sure it would take away most of you from Posting on the forum and instead taking up the Topic on the Chat...[/QUOTE]

I don't mean a chat that's always here... I mean a supervised chat set up for maybe once a week. Like 'a big event'!

sammiec September 2nd, 2004 10:16 AM

I don't think that would be a main concern (people not posting anymore) I have seen plenty of boards that have chat and they usually see about 5 or 6 people at a time. It should be fine.... :)

Cactus Flower September 2nd, 2004 05:09 PM

I think that a 24/7 chat would be perfectly fine!

iRONKNiGHT September 2nd, 2004 05:17 PM

well Marko's aware of our proposed idea! we'll see what he has to say! ;)

Sneaky2006 September 2nd, 2004 05:17 PM

I'm kinda hoping it would get to that CF... but I thought maybe with something like once a week as a trial, just so there's no problems... I just think there has got to be a moderator in these things at all times to prevent problem people. Ya gotta have someone there to be able to Kick people off when things get ugly!! And I'm sure you know what I mean!

Cactus Flower September 2nd, 2004 05:24 PM

Why yes, Sneaky, I know [I]exactly[/I] what you mean! ;)

I used to be a chatroom monitor, actually.

Sneaky2006 September 2nd, 2004 05:27 PM

Well, now that I think about it... with how busy this site is I don't think we would have a problem finding mods for different times... hint hint CF!!
No really, I think we could seriously work up to 24/7.
Now if we can just hear something about it!!!

Missy September 2nd, 2004 07:40 PM

I think a chat would be a great idea! How fun!! I am on these boards everyday but I just hardly post - mostly because people here have such quick fingers they have already said everything I am already thinking by the time I get to read the post!! Now, if I had the chance to chat I might be able to get a few things out!

Then again, this place already takes up too much of my time, a chatroom might only increase my addiction!!

marko September 3rd, 2004 09:23 PM

Chat room eh?

Sorry all, been out of town recently...ok about the chatroom

Although we never rule anything out, the ultimate goal of the Pets.ca BB is the sharing of information and the ability of new visitors to search for information.

I'm not sure a chatroom would be useful to to anyone except those people actually using it at any given time. Not that that's a bad thing....We like the fact that the board has become so popular that people want to chat ASAP in real time. Just so you know, that was kind of the idea behind the off topic forum, to allow people to chat about anything anytime.

Our concern is this, any great information that could be exchanged there would probably not be accessible to others. Plus we haven't investigated other issues like cost, bandwith and other technical issues.

BUT like I said before we never rule anything out around here....
I'll do a bit of investigation and let y'all know....A special events chat or once a week thing is intriguing.

Thanks as always for posting and please keep sharing ideas and suggestions

Marko

ADMIN

Sneaky2006 September 3rd, 2004 09:33 PM

Thanks for looking into it, Marko!
Once a week is what I had thought in the begining.
There was a forum I used to frequent that had a chat once a week and they had the archive saved there for people to read once the chat was over. Maybe that would ease the problem of new visitors not being able to see everything we've got to offer...