Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Problems (technical) with the bulletin board or the site (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Site Redesign on Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=72501)

marko September 15th, 2010 11:10 AM

Thanks again for the comments and please continue to report problems. :)

Just as an FYI, once we finish the optimization and bug squashing, we will likely 'reskin' this forum so that its look matches the rest of the site.

Thx!

Marko

rainbow September 16th, 2010 02:25 PM

I love the new look and great choice of colours as well. :thumbs up

Looking forward to the new colours in the forum. :cloud9:

Will the forum be shut down while you are doing the upgrading there? :)

marko September 17th, 2010 10:32 AM

[QUOTE=rainbow;951877]I love the new look and great choice of colours as well. :thumbs up

Looking forward to the new colours in the forum. :cloud9:

Will the forum be shut down while you are doing the upgrading there? :)[/QUOTE]

Thx RB!
Nope, i do believe the forum will stay open while the forum colours will be updated.

Thanks!
marko

rainbow September 17th, 2010 01:27 PM

WHEW ......that's good news. :D :thumbs up

hazelrunpack September 19th, 2010 09:16 PM

I'm still getting significant lag, Marko--both on IE (it actually froze and I had to go into task manager to end task) and Firefox (not quite as severe--usually, just refreshing the page it fixes the problem). I don't notice the same lag on other sites :shrug:

marko September 20th, 2010 09:14 AM

Thx for that note HRP!
How often does it happen, and the NEXT time it happens, can you record the day, time and your timezone?

many thx!

marko

breeze September 20th, 2010 09:42 AM

hey marko.
for me it happens almost every day if I log on to the front page.
especialy around 3-7pm..

if I save the site with just the forum I'm fine but not if I save the site with the front page.

marko September 20th, 2010 03:04 PM

thanks breeze! I'll check to see what's going on at that time.

Thx!
Marko

hazelrunpack September 20th, 2010 06:37 PM

[QUOTE=marko;952787]
How often does it happen, and the NEXT time it happens, can you record the day, time and your timezone?
[/QUOTE]
Yep, I'll try to remember, anyhow :o

It hasn't happened today, yet :thumbs up

marko September 21st, 2010 12:24 PM

Just as an FYI forum colours are likely to change within 24 hours.

Thx! Marko

rainbow September 21st, 2010 02:00 PM

[QUOTE=marko;953248]Just as an FYI forum colours are likely to change within 24 hours.

Thx! Marko[/QUOTE]

Looking forward to it. :goodvibes:

hazelrunpack September 21st, 2010 04:12 PM

Ooooooo! madame hazel is trippin' in brown! :eek: :D

quincymycat September 21st, 2010 04:32 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;953344]Ooooooo! madame hazel is trippin' in brown! :eek: :D[/QUOTE]

Just don't fall in it madame!!!! :laughing:

dmc123 September 21st, 2010 04:34 PM

This looks really nice, Marko - good job!

Diane

marko September 21st, 2010 04:52 PM

Thanks for the comments on this new forum look which now matches the rest of the site. :)

All comments/issues should be reported in this very thread.

many thx!

Marko

rainbow September 21st, 2010 05:38 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;953344]Ooooooo! madame hazel is trippin' in brown! :eek: :D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=quincymycat;953353]Just don't fall in it madame!!!! :laughing:[/QUOTE]

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Good one qmc :D

rainbow September 21st, 2010 05:43 PM

Okay, I'll be the first to say that I don't like it. :o

I was hoping that more blue/green would be used as all the brown is very hard on my eyes. :eek:

The background colour is fine but is it alot of trouble to change the browns to blue/green? :cloud9:

aslan September 21st, 2010 05:53 PM

[QUOTE=rainbow;953386]Okay, I'll be the first to say that I don't like it. :o

I was hoping that more blue/green would be used as all the brown is very hard on my eyes. :eek:

The background colour is fine but is it alot of trouble to change the browns to blue/green? :cloud9:[/QUOTE]

sorry to say Marko but i have to agree with Rainbow,,this is really making me have to squint. i do like the brownish background but the rest looks kinda washed out now.:(

luckypenny September 21st, 2010 06:18 PM

That's the first thing I thought too, it's really hard on the eyes. Although I love the color, I can't look at the screen for longer than a few minutes before I have to look away :shrug:.

dmc123 September 21st, 2010 06:27 PM

Now I like the color scheme, very kind to the eyes....and different from so many other sites out there.

My roomie said she liked it too...

Diane

dmc123 September 21st, 2010 06:29 PM

Can the "post reply", "edit" and "quote" buttons also be in the brown scheme?

They stick out, LOL

Diane

hazelrunpack September 21st, 2010 06:36 PM

Oy, the brown is starting to give me a headache. Not sure if it's the color or the lack of contrast with the standard post font, but the font looks smaller and is harder to read, too. :o

hazelrunpack September 21st, 2010 07:13 PM

Marko--pp 35 and 36 in the TJT--experiments with fonts and colors. :D [COLOR="Navy"]If you're totally tied into the brown theme, some colors (like navy) "read" better than others.[/COLOR]

aslan September 21st, 2010 07:16 PM

[B][COLOR="Navy"]looks better like this tho marko....oh and we've also discussed our plastic surgery bill being covered due to new frown lines occurring.:D[/COLOR][/B]

JennieV September 21st, 2010 07:23 PM

uhm... why the colour of sudden baby surprise? :shrug: I dont like it... very hard for me to read.. :(
if there were maybe options? to choose your preferred skin theme?:shrug:
my:2cents:

Frenchy September 21st, 2010 07:27 PM

Same here , very hard to read :(

[img]http://bestsmileys.com/geek/1.gif[/img]

:p

hazelrunpack September 21st, 2010 07:29 PM

[QUOTE=JennieV]sudden baby surprise?[/QUOTE]

:o :eeew:

:laughing:

JennieV September 21st, 2010 07:38 PM

sorry Hazel, by that I mean of course elegantness of this greyish-brownish hue...:laughing:

hazelrunpack September 21st, 2010 07:44 PM

I think it's just all the brown bars that are overwhelming. If I go to the home page with the featured article, I find it much easier to read. I think it's all the spots of color in the header bars that break up the page...

breeze September 21st, 2010 07:54 PM

[COLOR="Navy"]is there a way to tone down the white background?? maybe then it won't be so hard to read??

also when I logged on tonight the forum froze, not for long but still froze on firefox :o[/COLOR]