Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Problems (technical) with the bulletin board or the site (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Forum speed today? Please reply (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=82307)

marko September 21st, 2012 04:12 PM

Forum speed today? Please reply

Hi members!

Can you report [B]what browser you are using at this time, and if you find the forum pageloads speedy, medium or slow?[/B]

many thanks in advance!

Marko
Admin

pbpatti September 21st, 2012 05:41 PM

Marko, I am not too savvy about computers. What do you mean about browser? and How do I find out what I am using? Whatever it is it is fast..

hazelrunpack September 21st, 2012 06:05 PM

I'm on Firefox--seems to be pretty speedy for me right now.

Barkingdog September 21st, 2012 07:14 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;1046788]I'm on Firefox--seems to be pretty speedy for me right now.[/QUOTE]

I am on Firefox too and it's slow logging in .

Goldfields September 21st, 2012 07:29 PM

Firefox here too and it's fast, but then anything would be fast after dial up for so many long years.

Loki Love September 21st, 2012 09:04 PM

I'm using Chrome and the speed is relatively fast.

Reg September 21st, 2012 11:05 PM

Hi Marko

Speed seems to be excellent - any better and it would be instantaneous. I logged in 3 times, once with Internet Explorer, once with Firefox, and once with Google Chrome. Sure can't kick on the speed.

LavenderRott September 22nd, 2012 12:01 AM

Google Chrome here and it is pretty speedy.

marko September 22nd, 2012 09:53 AM

thanks for the feedback everyone.

pbpatti - a browser is the tool you use to surf the internet (like explorer, firefox, safari, chrome etc.)

Winston September 22nd, 2012 10:04 AM

Marko I am getting a ton of pop ups all of a sudden and only when I go on pets?? Is this something new? If not I may have to run a spyware check??

Cindy

Longblades September 22nd, 2012 12:30 PM

IE8. No difference. Fast enough for me.

hazelrunpack September 22nd, 2012 06:49 PM

I just got a 30-second log-on delay while it was 'transferring data from choices.trust.com', which seemed to be the ads below the top menu on the page maybe? At least, when that set of ads popped in, the data transfer message disappeared and things started moving again... :shrug: Still on Firefox...

marko September 23rd, 2012 09:00 AM

[QUOTE=Winston;1046812]Marko I am getting a ton of pop ups all of a sudden and only when I go on pets?? Is this something new? If not I may have to run a spyware check??

Cindy[/QUOTE]

Hmmm very odd Cindy are you clicking on any ads? This should not happen as we don't use popups. But these ads are geographically based so different people see different ads based on location.... if you see an ad that concerns you and you locate the address of the ad (by right clicking on it...perhaps I can locate the source). If the source is indeed from one of our ads, I will block it.

I hate popups! but I have not seen one from our site in a good 5 years..