Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Tech talk (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   helping please (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=44532)

breeze September 12th, 2007 12:24 PM

helping please

Marko

Is there anything we can do for Frenchy.. She is having such a hard time with the site at home on her computer..
I don't know what to suggest to her to help her out.. If we can't help her then she won't be able to log on after work any more.
:sad::sad::sad:

marko September 12th, 2007 12:29 PM

I've asked frenchy to call me so that I can personally help her over the phone....but she hasn't called yet.

Perhaps she could try another browser - Firefox? Opera?

Thanks for being a good friend!

Marko

breeze September 12th, 2007 12:39 PM

do you think that the upgrade has anything to d0o with this??

I mean most of us use internet exploirer no?? (sorry for the spelling)

Has anyone else had this problem??

I would hate to loose Frenchy cause of a gluech..

want4rain September 12th, 2007 02:43 PM

i use firefox on a mac and have no issues at all... if that helps at all!

-ashley

CyberKitten September 12th, 2007 06:09 PM

I too use Firefox - most of the time (occasionally if at work on one of the network's puters, I check n on Explorer but am not fond of it and am dubious of its security so much prefer Firefox or Oprah or Netscape products).

I think she might try Firefox. I know she used Dialup and that may be one of the issues.

Someone in my office had been complaining about access to the internet in general(at home) - had called her ISP and tried a variety of other steps to no avail. She finally discovered that on their home wireless network, the computer she used was hardly plugged in so half in, half out. I wonder if something similar with Frenchy's ISP. She should ask them to check the infrastructure and hardware.

I hope she figure out the problem.

Frenchy September 12th, 2007 08:31 PM

[QUOTE=marko;476984]
Thanks for being a good friend!

Marko[/QUOTE]

Yes she is ! :grouphug:

You didn't get my e-mail Marko ? I couldn't call you because I don't speak english :laughing: just kidding . I couln't call because I leave for work at that time. But I just downloaded Firefox and it seems to work fine now :fingerscr Thanks for all your help everybody !

breeze September 12th, 2007 09:27 PM

you are very welcome I'm glad that things are finally working out for you

:grouphug: :highfive::goodvibes:

marko September 13th, 2007 05:53 AM

I'm SOOO glad it's working for you Frenchy!

I did not get your last email..it's probably MY error though. You cannot even imagine the amount of emails we get in one day. Most of them are spam though so I do try very hard to answer every email within a few hours if possible. Yours may have slipped through the cracks. I was about to send you a new email this morning but I'm so happy it's working for you!!!:highfive::highfive::highfive:

for the record can you tell me in this thread what browser version - computer - and operating system you were using?

Thanks!

marko

[QUOTE=Frenchy;477205]Yes she is ! :grouphug:

You didn't get my e-mail Marko ? I couldn't call you because I don't speak english :laughing: just kidding . I couln't call because I leave for work at that time. But I just downloaded Firefox and it seems to work fine now :fingerscr Thanks for all your help everybody ![/QUOTE]

Frenchy September 13th, 2007 11:55 AM

[QUOTE=marko;477368]may have slipped through the cracks.[/QUOTE]

I know , I'm that tiny :rolleyes:

I was using Internet Explorer with Windows XP.