Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Gardening (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   A couple of the things flowering now.. (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=77055)

chico2 May 20th, 2011 02:03 PM

A couple of the things flowering now..

3 Attachment(s)
Not much,but everything is growing like crazy,I am very excited about my Lily of the Valley,las year hardly any,this year there'll be lots of flowers:thumbs up
But here are some blooming now,had to add the Double Tulip again,just love it...

chico2 May 20th, 2011 02:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Forget-me-not...something like a weed,but I love it...

hazelrunpack May 20th, 2011 02:12 PM

Everything is finally starting to leaf out here, but we're still a full two weeks behind schedule! Your blossoms are gorgeous! :flirt:

Goldfields May 20th, 2011 09:23 PM

Love your double tulip, Chico. I take no notice of advert's for them seeing I can't grow them here, so I can honestly say I haven't seen one before. What is the pink flower, it's another I haven't grown. Your forget-me-nots are beautiful. My sister warned and warned me not to plant those because they can be invasive but here they grew, barely flowered, died and that was that. :( There might be the odd one coming up again(or it's a weed I'm seeing instead).

SamIam May 20th, 2011 09:41 PM

The hot pink is a bleeding heart. What is the bush?

Sylvie May 21st, 2011 07:25 AM

Beautiful flowers Chico. I love the double tulip, can't grow tulips here, the little animals eat the bulbs, but they don't like the dafodils, so at least I have them. My bleeding heart has bloomed and gone already.

But the lilacs are blooming, in a couple of days it will smell lovely at my house:D

I too would like to know what the bush is.

Winston May 21st, 2011 11:46 AM

Nice pics Chico!

The pick plant is a rhodedendran..they are beuatiful but very finicky to grow!

chico2 May 21st, 2011 02:20 PM

I've had that Rhodo for many years,does not grow very much,but it will soon be full of flowers.
My Lilac will be blooming in a couple of days too and the other bushes.
It's too bad the Lilac does not last very long,the smell reminds me of my childhood 150yrs ago:laughing:

Sylvie May 21st, 2011 03:45 PM

One of my lilac bushes is smelling mighty pretty. I was working out back and when the wind blew the right way, it was so beautiful.

After I asked what the bush was, I knew, what do you do to keep it blooming. I have had a few but they do not survive.:shrug: I would like to try again.

chico2 May 21st, 2011 03:57 PM

Sylvie,I don't do anything to it,not even trim it or fertilize,I just leave it alone.
All I do is cover it in the winter.

Goldfields May 21st, 2011 09:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My white lilac seems to flower for a fair while. I wonder if they are tougher than the lilac coloured lilacs? It's disappointing that some of the nicest things have a short flowering period, like Bearded Iris for instance . Makes you appreciate repeat flowering roses.