Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Off topic forum (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   My Daughters Birthday Surprise (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=5458)

Iggette July 10th, 2004 07:32 AM

My Daughters Birthday Surprise

1 Attachment(s)
Well July 12 is my daughters birthday. :)

She called me up Wednesday morning to ask us for dinner, she said she wanted to BBQ on her new birthday present a very nice posh BBQ. ( :rolleyes: I thought it was a strange present but hey hubby and I have bought household things for each other in times of need so it was logical as they had just moved in together July1st) I couldn't refuse so we made arrangements for all the animals and went.

At one point I went out to talk to her boyfriend while he was cooking to see and talk about her BBQ. Then he informed me :eek: He said.......

"This BBQ isn't really Sarah's present, It's a cover up present, I have booked a table at a fancy restaruant in Downtown Toronto for 8:00 Pm Monday evening and I have bought her a ring!!!!!" :eek:

I was shocked and I'm sure said all the wrong things ( as an after thought I thought perhaps he thought I should have been more excited)

I'm happy for her, I know this is what she wants, and it must certainly be very exciting to be proposed to in such a romantic way, he is a nice guy, his family is very nice, he seems to treat her good but I guess as a mom I'm a little nervous about the whole situation.

So anyhow I thought I would share my news and a pic of them
Have a great day :)

chico2 July 10th, 2004 08:02 AM

Awwww Iggy,that's nice!! When my oldest son got married to a great girl,I was sooo excited,already dreaming of grand-babies :D
When they after 10yrs of marriage decided to divorce,I was probably more devastated than they were,swore they had not tried hard enough!!!
Anyway Iggy,not trying to put a damper on your news,it's wonderful and congrats to you daughter and future son-in-law :p

Luba July 10th, 2004 12:54 PM

Oh so very nice
best of luck to them and congratulations :D

glasslass July 10th, 2004 01:44 PM

That's great! I don't think anyone ever feels like they said the "right" things. He probably knew you were caught off guard and enjoyed the reaction! :eek: Keep us "posted" as the wedding plans progress! She doesn't read your posts does she? Or the cat may be out of the bag. :eek:

Iggette July 12th, 2004 04:54 AM

Thanks for the congrats, luba

No Glasslass she still has to pick up her computer and desk from our place, to move into hers........lol gee that would be bad tho.

Chico....They have talked about having children so I think I will hear the patter of little feet soon so far only hearing the patter of baby diesel's feet and as he was learning to potty train he tried out my rug in all the excitement of being here for the first time when they adopted him :rolleyes:

glasslass July 12th, 2004 10:26 AM

Tonight's the night! :D

sammiec July 12th, 2004 10:48 AM

YIPEEE!!! This is so exciting!! Wonderful news!! I always love to hear about engagements! You'll have to tell us how he did it! There is a guy that does subcontract work for our company and they had kinda a group dinner to celebrate a "friend's birthday" and they were all out on the patio of the restaurant when he came riding up on a white horse wearing armour!!!! And then proposed right there!!!! I love stuff like that, of course, mine was nothing like that.... :rolleyes:

Lucky Rescue July 12th, 2004 11:00 AM

They look like a lovely couple! Congrats on gaining a son.:)

wAggie July 12th, 2004 05:45 PM

awwwwwww, look at da happy couple!!

future mom-in-law, follow ur heart, see that ur daughter's happy... that's always most important. :)

don't stress/worry! *HUGS*

glasslass July 12th, 2004 11:18 PM

Well? Anything to report? :)

Iggette July 15th, 2004 09:11 AM

Sorry, been busy these last few days.........

Well all went well they went to a fancy restaurant called bravi I think somewhere downtown Toronto, apparently it has a private elevator that they sit you in for Dinner and you can go to different floors :confused:
Anyway he got down on his knee gave her a big long speach how he wants to spend the rest of his life with her ....yada yada yada and asked her to marry him :D

She said yes (after she said she felt sick and thought she was gonna pass out.....lol)

Apparently she has a beautiful custom made solitare gold ring with platinum clasps that hold the diamond (can't wait to see it).

No date set yet, Wow mother in-law and Nana in the same week? Don't know for sure but will know very soon :D

sammiec July 15th, 2004 09:13 AM

That's excellent news Igg!!! Congratulations... wait...this attachment says it better... :D I think I missed something - I didn't know that you became a Nana in the same week!?!?!?

Iggette July 15th, 2004 09:41 AM

neet attachment sammiec and thanks..........

No, you didn't miss anything but grandbabies were mentioned and I said that all they had at the moment was their puppy Diesel......but I have been told that she missed her date and it might be a possibility but have to wait a few more days to know for sure, she is presently 5 days late :eek: so ya maybe a nana. :p

Cactus Flower July 15th, 2004 12:14 PM

Your daughter is beautiful! And she certainly looks happy in that photo- Nice couple! So you have a grandDog, and might have a grandchild in the works.....Congratulations!

TalonsMa July 16th, 2004 02:56 PM

What wonderful news :) he sounds like a great guy!! Your daughter is gorgeous!

glasslass July 16th, 2004 03:39 PM

Take a close-up of that ring! And congrats again! :)

sammiec July 22nd, 2004 01:59 PM

Sooo, are you a nana? It's been more than 5 days now!?!?! Just wondering. :p

Iggette July 23rd, 2004 05:54 AM

:D
[URL=http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=5606]Nana's Thread.....lol[/URL]