Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Problems (technical) with the bulletin board or the site (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Slow Board (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=23482)

raingirl January 30th, 2006 08:56 PM

Slow Board

Has anyone noticed that the load time for the board has been a lot slower for the last few days. When I'm trying to move around it takes forever for pages/posts to load even though I have high-speed internet.

jesse's mommy January 30th, 2006 09:03 PM

I agree. It's been very slow.

Prin January 30th, 2006 09:04 PM

Me too. We even had the cable internet guy over to fix it...:o

And people double post a lot because it freezes halfway through the transmission. I wait for the 3rd bar (you know the green bars while you wait?) and then I copy what I wrote, just in case and then I just click on the title and there's my post!

marko January 31st, 2006 09:30 AM

Thanks everyone - I will investigate.

Can people pinpoint though - is it more in the day late at night?

Thx

Marko

raingirl January 31st, 2006 09:35 PM

it was slow all weekend, day and night, and during the week I only use it at night, and it's been slow each time. Probably been slow since at least Friday night of last week.

raingirl February 5th, 2006 02:00 PM

Just wanted to let you know it's still very slow for me from time to time. Sometimes it's normal, sometimes it's slow...mostly it's slower than normal though.

Prin February 5th, 2006 02:06 PM

Today around 1:45 it was pretty slow for a little bit for me...

marko February 5th, 2006 05:38 PM

We are still trying to diagnose what's going on because from our end we only see occassional not regular slowness.

Some slowness is normal and we want to make sure what's going on.

Question - Does the slowness you encounter happen when you read individual threads. Or is the slowness related to posting replies, searching (using the search feature) for keywords etc.

Thanks all

Marko

Prin February 5th, 2006 06:59 PM

The slowest is when you hit the "Submit reply" button. It can take a minute or two for the reply to show up. The reply is posted as far as other people see it, but you still see the "reply to thread" screen. People keep hitting the button while they wait which is why there are so many multiple posts these days.

Otherwise it's slow getting to the "reply to thread screen", but not as slow as submitting the reply..

At least that is how it happens to me.

raingirl February 5th, 2006 09:57 PM

yeah. those are the slowest for me too. Reply to and submit. THen the next slowest is just loading the forums. I don't use the search options, so I don't know if they are slow.

Once a page is loaded it's fine, but I get a white/blank screen a lot when the page is trying to load (for reply, submit, or just viewing messages).

marko February 11th, 2006 02:41 PM

We have been tinkering - Is it any better this week?

and is the problem on a hi speed or dial up connection?

Thanks

Marko

jesse's mommy February 11th, 2006 03:33 PM

It seems better this week. We have high speed.

Prin February 11th, 2006 08:15 PM

I haven't really noticed a change yet... I have high speed too.

jesse's mommy February 11th, 2006 08:18 PM

My posts have been loading without double posting.

Prin February 14th, 2006 10:49 PM

ooo now it's getting faster! Woohoo! Now I can get my posting average above 25/day again. (heh heh, not now though. Maybe when I feel better).