Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce yourself here - Say hello (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   The Cutest Creature Ever Born... (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=54153)

Bayan July 7th, 2008 11:48 PM

The Cutest Creature Ever Born...

Hi,
Our family is devastated for the past few days... Our love, our smartest, kindest baby got sick. His name is Bayan, he is a 12-year-old German Sheppard that is still very active and seemingly in good shape. I am sorry to introduce him on this sad note, failing to mention how full of life he has always been and how much joy he has brought to our life, today he was diagnosed with cancer.... :cry: I will start a new thread in hopes of finding some answers...

Chaser July 8th, 2008 12:00 AM

Welcome to the board Bayan. I'm sorry to hear you are joining during such a sad time, but this is a good place to find advice and support. :grouphug: Looking forward to seeing pictures of Bayan when you are able to post some.

hazelrunpack July 8th, 2008 08:19 AM

Welcome to the board, Bayan! :grouphug: I hope you get some answers to your questions. And I'd love to see pics of Bayan, too.

14+kitties July 8th, 2008 08:49 AM

Welcome Bayan. I hope you can find some answers to help your boy. :goodvibes:,:fingerscr

CyberKitten July 8th, 2008 03:04 PM

While the news of cancer is always difficult , it is no reason to be sad! he is only 12 and has a host of medical alternatives to choose from depending on the type of cancer - which you did not suggest. As you know, cancer is not just one disease so as an oncologist, when someone says someone as cancer, to me that tells me very little. Cancers are different and treatments are also unique.

Research the type of cancer and how dogs go through it, ask your pet oncologist what s/he recommends and always get other opinions. Talk to others and there are several boards about this, some very specific to the type of cancer.

Good luck!!!! I do hope your dog will be fine!

yettiyodamarlo July 13th, 2008 12:26 PM

Welcome!

I'm really sorry your friend is sick... hopefully you find some answers and hopefully everything turns out okay.

:fingerscr

Helen0423 July 15th, 2008 07:20 PM

So sorry to hear Bayan is sick.... you picked a great place for support. I hope you find some answers here.

tessasmum July 21st, 2008 05:30 PM

fellow shepherd owner

I too am new to this site.its such an awesome support network.It seems our paths are running in the same direction as i too adore my furry daughter,Tessa ,a german shepherd that is 10 yrs old and only recently diagnosed with bone marrow cancer.They are telling me its manageable,as long as she responds to the medication well (meaning her red cell percentage will decrease to a non threatening level,obviously depending on a few other variables,like her white cell count remaining intact.
i too am celebrating her life and making the absolute most of her every precious moment that she remains with us. Thus far she doing great and isnt suffering.she too is appreciating us, shes allowed inside now.
Please tell me what sort of cancer your baby has ,as the other person has replied there are so many forms with varying outcomes.
We have been so blessed ,with the presence of such beautiful shepherds.:dog::grouphug:

bg1seven July 22nd, 2008 06:48 PM

Bill from Okeechobee Florida

I'm a CSI / Major Crimes Detective. Kids are grown. My wife of 19 years, Gail, and I have three pets (other than each other). They are our kids.

They are Maggie the 7 year old Daucshund chiwawa female... Cricket the 7 year old male beufont macal... and Smokie our 19 year old female cat............
The cat has a problem: 4:00am every morning and she is YEOWLING. Over and Over and Over and Over. She has also lost some weight in the last 2 months even though she eats soft food twice a day. ANY IDEAS:confused:

Toonces July 26th, 2008 07:23 PM

Hello to both of you and welcome.

Bayan I am so sorry to meet you under thses circumstances you will find lots of good advise and support here. GSDS are very dear and close to my heart:cloud9:

bg1seven maybe you should take your cat in for a wellness test, I have a kitty that will be 23 this yr, he has lost weight and talks alot (espically late at night) nothing wrong with him he is just getting old but good to have it checked out incase its something else.

Luvmypitgirls July 26th, 2008 07:26 PM

Sorry to hear your beloved Bayan has fallen ill.
:pray: that he'll be ok.
Welcome to the forum, wish it was on a happier note:sad: